More from The Crystal Ball
truebluebasher said: On the down low...Recent Astronaut crew have been Sharing Flaring!
Crew ain't got the time to pop in for a lighting visit...
Lazy crew : "I…
Solar flaring, CME's and coronal hole streams227
Jimkk
said:
Good riddance too corporate surfing we were here for a long time before
The sickness of competion showed up in Surfin
corprorate Surfing
0
Unpredictable
said:
So I've been trying to understand this for some time and conditions are currently perfect to ask this question.
MHL Spectra Analysis vs Primary Swell
0
river
said:
Ive surfed almost every country in Asia over the years but havent been to the Philippines , thinking of going for a mont
Philippines in July
0
JustinWatts
said:
Dear All,
I am heading to the Maldives from the 22 May to 01 June 2019.
Maldives end of May 2019
0
uncle
said:
I was after the tide times for the Telo islands in April, May 2020.
Telo islands future tides.
0
Chaz
said:
Gday Swellnetians, Going to fiji with fam in late July have gone a few times before and stayed at Musket cove,Plantatio
Fiji
0
dannyz
said:
wondering if anyone knows what factors come into play for clearing up our poo brown water after substantial rain?
where’s our blue water?
0
Richard Allen
said:
Why yoy say 2 to 3 feet today. Waste of time reading
Under reporting marg river
0
Haha yeah blo make hay while t sunshines ! I still cant call that slide maneuver release myself , but another explanation helps me learn this thing thank u . And squirt - Boards don't squirt & neither do fins ? But I like it & can know what it means if said . another word that describes the water like release .
these wierd words are for people that like to talk about themselves and describe every part of theyre wave ( not offense to u blowin I know you write good things & dont talk yourself up ) . Some ppl like to detail & talk about it, make u listen to the details of how they rode the wave etc etc , where as others dont say much about the finer details & just surf . But each to their own of course , theres no right or wrong .
I suppose I wouldn't ever have to use these words because I cant do release maneuvers or squirt let alone the air game stuff and names of them ,. And that is a can o worms . For another time
Wobbly ; wobbly swell ? Peaky ; peaky swell ? Usually translates to short period in my vocabulary .
pulse, not really nonsense sounds cool and makes sense just thought id add it. But when i first heard it i was confused.
"Grading" - as in, a southerly swell will be 5 foot in northern NSW and grading smaller on the southern Gold Coast points. Easy enough to get the gist but a bit of a curious term nonetheless.
Bit of a buzz word, along with "pulse" but pulse makes a lot more sense.
Never came across squirt except to describe someone small. I associated "wobbly" with morning sickness and "peaky" with the outcome of two swells (primary and secondary when relatively similar in size) from different directions. "Going Off" used to be popular, like a fire cracker but more likely with respect to the richter scale. I heard "It's Cooking" a couple of days ago just before heading out, that's an oldie, although I still know guys that use "smoking" and "cranking"
Words currently on high rotation for myself - Pumping, pearler, eaten, pitted and that perennial favourite : fuckstick.
Words I may employ whilst pissed , though regret at a more sober moment - wrapping cut, drop the hammer, rock and roll float. *
* Of course that's patently untrue.
No one has ever been that pissed.
I've never ridden anything that squirts.
I reckon it's probably a myth.
Like the clitoris.
Clitoris, that's the word I was trying to remember.
It was on the tip of my tongue.
Don't know if anyone has mentioned, but 'filth' or 'filthy' was bandied about where I grew up surfing.
Could mean anything from waves, to the little hottie in the Seafolly bikini, to just an awesome night out.
It was all filthy.
edit: just went back over the thread, jamyardy brought up filthy and sick on the previous page. Filth effort jamyardy:)
Ill throw a few nonsense terms into the mix for our Melbourne audience.
Carpool, Rideshare, Dawnie (that means leaving home at 7.30 after an early morning coffee with marmalade on toasted sourdough), Penlink.
One I enjoy is Juice to describe decent swell why does it somehow correlate to squeezed oranges.
Technically an acronym but 'lago' is a word that is lovingly thrown aaround when it occurs as in 'late evening glass off'. I'm sure we've all heard that one.
Wouldn't late evening glass off be lego Zen?
That's been Lagos to me ('session' at the end). Rolls off the tongue a little better too.
Oops, got me Wharfie. Read, late afternoon glass off.
The 's' does tend to roll off the tongue a bit better too Ben, like the s at the end of clitoris. Unless of course you're into the group thing and it may very well be 'clitori' .
;)
Zen have you been hanging out (so to speak) with Gary G by any chance??!
Tiger...
memory/pop to describe flex!
Andy, Garys in another league to me (and unlike me, Garys actually funny).
He's been a bit quiet of late though- wonder if his computer and stash of USB's have been seized?
"My boards Rip , Tear and Lacerate." - MR.
WTF ?
I've noticed some ambiguity around the phrase "on the inside" which I've heard used to describe: a position closer to the peak eg: 'he paddled on the inside of me'; a position further down the line eg 'got a filth little cover up on the inside'; an undesirable location eg 'caught on the inside'; a position either closer to the peak or further down the line eg 'I took off and he was on the inside'
Likewise the term 'too deep' has been used to suggest one wouldn't make a section on take off, or they were sitting in a spot that the depth of water was too great for the wave to be breaking ie couldn't paddle onto a wave... That's an easier one to decipher though.
I liked the definitions offered for morning sickness.
What the hell is a "bottom hand turn"?
Is it a turn that requires engaging the preferred wiping hand, an additional anatomical appendage protruding from the anus or something else?
Agreed della somewhere along the way hand was added & it is a nonsense one
I enjoy the description of conditions one persons fun waves is another persons crap.
DEEP. Way DEEP in the barrel.
Parko's Uncle Daryl was affectionately known as "Deep" . It was an acronym for both his initials - Daryl Parkinson > DP > Deep , and the way he could tuberide > Legend.
Yeah DP he could get DEEP when it was crankin or smokin, but it had to be juicy, solid, full of grunt.
The squirt he could get out of his releases...pure DNA for future Parkos
Zen I suspect he's only just getting out of the lockup after Schoolies and/or he's laying low and waiting for the penicillen to take full effect.