Calling all forecasters

surfstarved started the topic in Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 02:02 pm

Hey, do you guys ever visit www.windytv.com ? I've just discovered it and haven't explored its full functionality yet, but it's worth a look.

donweather Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 03:18 pm new

Great find.....especially love the fact it has both EC and GFS winds. Thanks.

Anyone know if you can get it to show isobars also?

udo Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 03:29 pm new

Been on it for a few months ..fuckin unreal...theres a Ski page for u snow boys...fresh snow etc

Island Bay Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 04:28 pm new

Yep, it's great.

surfstarved Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 07:20 pm new

Hey Don, there's a series of buttons on the right of the screen that allows you to toggle between wind, waves, pressure and a couple of others that I can't remember, because I don't have it open right now. It doesn't actually show the isobars, but the colours grade between the highs and lows and there's a scale bar on the side that shows what's what.

donweather Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 08:55 pm new

Thanks but I was hoping to get isobars overlaid over the top of the wind plots.

Sheepdog Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 10:00 pm new

Once your eyes adjust Don it's easy... The actual colour changes are the isobars. check the pressure scale down the bottom.

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login