More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Oops off topic again;)
Yeah so I trust in my mate who sets his Quads up the same way, just for this type of board:)
Looking forward to some rippers on it, as this is the first quad I've had..!
It has a 5 fin set up, so surfing like TOS 3-4ft do you think ID would be good to put a tiny 5th on or just surf as a quad, have you experienced the little 5th fin before???
I know I just have to check it myself.
Cheers ID
The knubster fin is a marketing ploy . If your rear quad fins arent big enough you will then need a fifth little tiny half fin .
I feel one of the things that make a quad fast is the lack of drag from a centre fin. Maybe they just feel fast? As you say you need to try it to know.
In saying that, I reckon Ill have to get some old side fins and scallop them out with a grinder like those futures you and Dave use. Just to feel how they work. I have some 50/50 trailers.
My gut feeling is a centre fin will make it feel a lot more like a thruster.
A 50/50 foil on the trailing fins definitely make a quad feel a lot more like a thruster even without a centre fin.
That is a quads I use come off the top with more speed whereas thrusters tend to pivot off the top.
Wasn't the topic bottom turns?
Or just try your Mannion 5'10 as a thruster. That Mayhem I showed you goes way better as a thruster than a quad.
I tried a nubster fin for a few weeks, but i didn't really get into it, for me it felt like i lost some of the positives of a quad but didn't really gain the positives of a thruster, now I either quad or thruster.
Interesting though to try a proper little centre fin, but you would think you would need to go smaller (or more upright) side rears to help loosen it up, that guy in Hawaii i think his name is Greg Griffin does boards that are meant to be ridden as full five fins.
BTW. if you decide to mess around with a nubster in futures, if its a tight fit id sand it a little, once there in there so damn hard to get out.
There's a little job for Roy Stewart ....design and 3d print a little centre fin/nubster
Freeride just read your report on the fin of Roys you have been trying in your bonza......sounds good ?
EDIT: sorry Roy- you have already made a Blef nubster.
https://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?14225-Mixing-Fins-on-a-Qu…
Vector fins with concave instead of flat ; less speed down the line but more grip in turns and turning arc is shorter . Vectors seem good for turns Imo
Seems to be Caml, I agree :)
Here's some nice footage of kelly riding a quad in his world title winning year.
I think Kelly said after riding a quad in his heat at the Box yesterday that a thruster would have been a better choice ?
Didn't see it. Can find quads a tad "vague" for what feels like a short pause right after standing up. Doesn't stop me loving them but just ordered new quad 6'0 x 19' x 2' 1/2" swallow tail with parabolic rails yew.