More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Egghead ?
You're the one wearing the helmet.
Nice try though cobber.
What was it you were saying to Blindboy regards insults ?
It's your deal mate.
Leggie, no leggie.
Helmet, no helmet.
Knock yourself out.
Just don't do it near me.
So the proposal is hundreds of surfers and swimmers are to wear helmets in the water so a small number of retro loggers can strut their stuff.Thats not the way the real world works Roy ...Majority rules in most collective applications with the human race..Good idea if 10 loggers can convince 150 others to buy and transport to the water a hot ,heavy swimming restrictive device .Best solution is to do the no leggie dance when there aren't any risks when a board gets free and washes inshore like a floating bulldozer.Its not just heads they collide with Roy. Ribs necks arms. I am certain your skill level as a veteran longboarder are credible and minimise the likelihood af an accident . But hey Roy you are just one.The guy who lost his log and smashed me at noosa was a teenager tryhard..An accident just waiting to happen..Good luck out there in the waves Roy.
Nah I'm just saying that if I was surfing with such kooks I'd definitely wear a lid, I find them to be very good in summer too they keep one cool and reduce sunburn. They don't restrict swimming really either. Obviously they don't protect against everything but they've saved me twice.
I don't know about all this 'collective' human race stuff, I'm just trying to be practical on an individual level... you can't convince everyone to wear a legrope so maybe it's a good idea to protect yourself because you have control over what you wear.
As far as danger goes, legropes are dangerous, as are the boards and fins which are attached to them ( plenty of bad accidents happen with boards attached to legropes) just google surfboard fin injury.
By far the most dangerous aspect is other people's attitudes in my opinion, that goes for hipster loggers, enforcers, whoever really. Just be careful and stay calm I reckon.
Yeah Cool Roy. I do wear a helmet when I am filming in the water. Ha Ha Best shots are the ones when the rider is on top of you.Amazinly enough I haven't had a scratch yet .Aloha keep smilin
Roy how are leg ropes dangerous?
Whoa there Goofyfoot.
You don't want Roy answering that, as describing how being attached to a 30 kg ,seventeen foot long surfboard by a leg rope can be dangerous may lead someone to realise that he does , in fact , fall off his monstrous surfboard on occasion and to ponder what happens to his board if he's NOT attached to it upon falling off.
Anyway, I'm not going to fill the air with suppositions, so it's over to you Roy.
Why is it dangerous to wear a leg rope on such a large board ?
Self Regulation by the surf community re surfing crowded line ups without leg ropes. Remind those offending the danger they place others in and suggest they go in and attach a leg rope.
If offending surfer chooses to ignore such advice it's the duty of those in the line up to retrieve the board once the offender loses control of board then if it's proven their behaviour is a risk to others smash the board on the rocks or bust a fin out.
I just think it's a bit selfish to not wear a leggy when there is other people surfing. If your on you own then fine, go for it. If I was hit by a stray board just because some one is to selfish and thinks that there being "retro" id be pretty pissed off and probably let you know about it. But if you happened to seriously injure one of my mates who I went surfing with, or my brother who I surf with a lot, Just for being selfish, I'd destroy your board on the beach and do my best to snap my board over your head, Andy Irons to mick Campbell style.
Moral of the story, Don't be selfish!
true,
Me too GF
A helmet doesn't do much for your eyes, nose, teeth & throat.......
I own an old gath. it has nearly no internal padding and is not designed to crumple. this helmet will do nearly nothing to stop you getting knocked out. ergo. I dont see the point in wearing it. Are newer helmets better designed?
Point aside, Surfing and helmets were never meant to go together. Perfect way to ruin your experience with nature.
Noticed a few at Chopes wearing helmets [Gath I presume] last swell and a steamer also being being worn for protection.
Niccolo's wipe out footage is on Surfline : Fucknhell !
I also like to surf my old nose rider without a leash but would never do it around Byron, way too much chance of taking someone out. I prefer to keep my leash free sessions for my annual 2 week cruise South
I also like to surf my old nose rider without a leash but would never do it around Byron, way too much chance of taking someone out. I prefer to keep my leash free sessions for my annual 2 week cruise South
I also like to surf my old nose rider without a leash but would never do it around Byron, way too much chance of taking someone out. I prefer to keep my leash free sessions for my annual 2 week cruise South
Helmets suck. I would suggest driving for an hour and finding an uncrowded beachy. Surf leash less there if that's your deal.south of Iluka / Yamba I surf without leash
Gaths do plenty to protect the melon. I've had some pretty heavy blows to the lid one of which would have taken me out for sure if I hadn't been wearing it. it's true that they don't protect against concussion as well as a motorcyle lid but they offer way more than the bare head. Obviouly they prevent gashes too.