More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Craig you introduced the world's wind model site a few days before it got posted as a new thread.
I don't think to many mortals realised your guidance at the time.....?
Ben yeah thats good . I know a few tricks becos ive had to learn about adjustment myself . Also forecasts often need local adjustments . For example ah no i will wait for the new thread .
Yeah, I added it to the possible Eddy swell thread Welly, has gone mental since then!
We install x4 latest comms weather stations on West Kingfish last year, targeting SW,SE,NW and NE directions all unobstructed. We installed them for the communications techs, using rope access which they were pretty happy not doing themselves. I know these weather stations were pretty high tech but am unsure if they were for recording wave data as well. They have also been installed to x2 other rigs, which form a triangular shape, I know that these were vital for the helo operations, wind speed, directions, humidity, etc.
Next time I'm down there I will ask the right person for information regarding the wave radar.
Thanks Wellymon. I've previously spoken with the engineering firm who run the wave radar on Kingfish B (some 5-6 years ago) but am not sure of its current status. Unfortunately it's located in a swell window that I'm not in need of regular information.. I'd much prefer access to the Thylacine platform data again!
Yeah I know what you mean, it is a kind of tucked away location regarding swell for good surfing magnets I suppose..?
They are small rigs in Sq.m area, but when there is say a 4-5m swell running, the swell moves thru the jacket legs and shakes the whole platform, a little unsettling at times. But saying that, they all point North to South and have been designed with extra legs that run down on an angle to the sea floor. These are located on the West side of the platforms to receive a supposedly once in a hundred year wave from the sou -east/east quadrant.......?
Who knows how big a wave they have predicated, as we will never know until that time comes, but apparently the "Gingerneers" have studied this....? ????