More from The f-Stop
Sheepdog said: Hahahahahaha... Actually we're coming up next week to catch up with a few old sea dogs from the board riders. I hear Chris still has the…
Wave of the day193
Southshore
said:
Hi guys,
My name is Richie im a local from fairy meadow that has recently taken up surf photography and also started m
flooded housing
0
mbphoto
said:
Hi all,
I'm selling a Panasonic AF102 camera and surf housing package.
For Sale: Panasonic AF102 camera and surf housing
0
surfmuch
said:
Scored some sick little waves yesterday not too far from Adelaide - sunny, offshore & uncrowded all afternoon.
Saturday arvo perfection near Adelaide
0
quadzilla
said:
A couple of interesting mirrorless offerings have been leaked or announced.
the BIG mother is a costalotta $$$$ony,
Newbys, the big and the small
0
no comment ...
Love that last shot...... probably isn't, but looks a bit like lennox....
Could be anywhere around here doggie.
Those crisp mornings with backlit six footers........
G'day Ben or Stu
If I post a photo up here can it be reused by anyone ?
"Could be anywhere around here doggie."...... hehehehe...... yeah... could be..... Dunno where you live, fr, but "around here" sorta sounds like NNSW..... And it sure aint broken head..... Looks like a prick of a paddle out though.... ;)
Oops wrong one
Blowin, just incase the boys are flat chat, You should be able to post anything, as long as it aint something from the klu klux klan, or some devo shit.......
Not sure what you mean by 'reused'. People can save any photo from any website to their computer, and we have no control over what they do with it after that. So, you're essentially posting the images at your own risk.
Cheers Ben.
I'm not exactly Steve Jobs when it comes to the computer.
Thanks Sheepdog
The next day was really the memorable session, but this keeps those memories flowing.

Xmas morning special, 2012...only surf soul for many, many miles.


Single fin dreaming.

Missed this session by this " much...but was told all about it with much glee!

'Bout the only surf photo I have of me, taken by Ben Ey at Yorkes sometime around 2000.
Nice.... At least you have a decent photo...Maybe put a copy on your "about swellnet" page..
Trippergreen - hot left that one.....
Geez now thats a back hand bottom turn, half the board is buried, love it.
Hey ben whats all the action outside of your shot.....is that a close out or...??
Trippergreenfeet, same sesh?
ol' mate N.H. getting slotted! Backhand attack!
great photo of old stomping grounds above...same day, who's 8 footer is copping it? & who was on it?? Answers Fraser? Enquiring minds gots to know!
So was that you southy in photobucket with the black helmet on the super shallow left?
Oh yeah, but it looks like you have the originals.
island in the atlantic...in its glory daze (pre man-assisted warble). Kunt of a place to get in when sizey...
note speck about to cop it! Oh mercy!
some perspective
secret-y thing somewhere in some place (and kinda shit to boot by some accounts)
secret-y WA
some not so secret-y WA...well kinda secret-y
obligatory photo of some goofball at kinda secret-y SA spot
THE END
Now that's a seriously heavy wave! Poor bugger! Enough to rip your bloody arm or arms orf! Hee hee, ouch!
Yeah I noticed and seen that shot before here, Might as well be surfing on Mars, Geez Southey you've got some length too ya, no wonder you were good with the basketball.....!
Hey that last shot(the right hander) is one of mine Shatner! Not that I mind. It's actually of fraser-gordon!
That guy gets around.
close but no cigar, YS...he's a goofyfooter. I'm a goofball! It was a OG slide film shot, yeah? Good to get a copy if possible. Great photo, great timing! I got this off a Swellnet WOTD from years ago, heard about it when I was living OS, though here the name of the rider's cropped out, as well as the name of the photog too. Anonymity & all that. Ah, that spot, those were the daze.
Yeah the Gordon brothers Shatner, I was under the impression that fraser-gordon on here was the natural foot brother of the goofy you speak of? Either way I'm sure he will set us straight when he reads this. The shot was taken on Kodachrome 64. I used to love using that film although it was tricky to get the exposure right!
Lookn through these photo's, it just blows me away how many great and different surf spots we have....
Negative Guys , never worn a Helmet ....
Also the dead give away would be that i ride with the RIGHT foot forward ,
hence Southey = ( Southpaw ) , just a more respectable term for Goofy.
Seriously "Natural" footers , who do they think they are .
Southpaws are respected in boxing , why not Surfing . Goofy is descriminitive ;-))))
Seriously though , i uploaded that shot to show people why surfing " a " spot at smaller sizes was detrimental to ones health .
Shatner -> Vic photo .... Not cool .... and actually pretty lame , far from epic .
that 'Epitaph' photo on the other hand .... gee , i reckon he's standing on the reef looking for a magic hole in it . Tamayo Perry found out the hard way one low tide ten years ago .
PS , I'm no runt . But I'm not a beanstalk either . 182 /85 .
Yes, where gringos are not welcome and the cars drive on the wrong side of the road - made for a interesting adventure.
Fuck, what a great thread. Tonne of warm, sepia-toned images from sessions long ago. Good memories, no doubt.
Shatner, a Welsh mate of mine often goes to the 'jewel of the Atlantic', before the concrete disaster and after. Here's a few photos from a trip that we ran on Swellnet:https://www.swellnet.com/photos/swellnet-sessions/garden-sea
Southey, the 'secret-y Victoria' spot had a full spread run with historical breakdown in a Vic-based magazine recently.
Sorry, Southey, these days (well, 2 years back) I thought a coupla blokes out getting nice little backdoor pits is EPIC! No vibe either. Maybe cos it was shit?! If so, shit is good! Should I delete it, Southey? I thought it's joined the secret-y ranks...first came across it back in the 80s...or has it been reclaimed as secret secret? What is the netiquette here? No names, no pack-drill? Nuttin'?
As for the left, yeah, it's heavy...blew my fucken arm off that very sesh. Painful trip to hospital that one, arm hanging off and out all the way! Yeeeha! The start of many recurring shoulder problems. Maybe Uplift can give us a hand, literally?
Anyways, here's some waves from the other SA (defo no secrets here of any description....well, I think):
Whats the easiest way to chuck a pic up?
Goofyfoot , here's a link -https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/96181
Stunet, must be something about that island that attracts the Welsh. First time I went (5 years into Howard's reign back here or thereabouts), there were a couple floating about, and not many others at all. One classic boyo (well, he was an englishmen that lived in Wales) lived there in his little cottage during the winter, surfing and painting. The other one ( a real one!) owned a surf school too but I don't think it's your man. He got so caned trying to get in one big day, I nearly stopped laughing. Brutal. I don't think he ever went back. The swell leapt that quickly that other poor buggers had to try and paddle in waaaaay down the coast. Mental! Fishing boat eventually rescued em. There but for the grace of God and all that. I found the beached walrus technique up the boat-ramp used to work. Timing was the key. Only fucked a fin once. Of course this was before the concrete fiasco. Haven't been back since they did it, though the wave is still good at size I hear. Man, there are some real pearlers on that island. No pics of them ones! Good local drop too!
Never been but very keen. I kept a close eye on the internet for vids and photos after each swell last winter. Lots of Nazare but nothing from the island. Good sign, I guess. Thought it might've been overrun by rubbernecks by now.
Nup... & not to be confused with Uplift's 'Fighting Gordon Brothers' on the West Coast. Whoever they are?? Uplift's spa partners over there?
boxing I mean...spar, SPAR!!
Cheers Sheepy. Still wouldn't work for me. Ah well I'll just keep looking at everyone else's!
Mmmm I love good surf porn.
South America...

Fark. No image.
Goofyfoot. I had troubles at the start too... I'll try to make it simple. well......
At that Imgur site, up the top right of screen is where you register an account... So go register an account.....
Now you're in.....
2 - Now that you are in, click on "images" up in the top right....
3 - Now, to upload your images onto imgur from your computers "my pictures", well, that's easy. See where it says "upload images" .... on the right hand side? Click the "computer" icon....
That should bring up a box with your pictures..... Now just select the photo out of your "my pictures", and double click on it.... Done man....... It's now in your imgur images..... :)
You can now click on that image to make it bigger (highlight it as such), and you will also notice when you do, to the right is a list of stuff, which inlcudes a thing called "Direct Link (email & IM)". Remember that "direct link (email & IM)" thing - important for later......
Now, getting that image on here........
.
is the right bookend...
Those "image tags" that ben was talking about are these things -
They're like bookends, goofy..... The
So, now go to your imgur page...... and click on your image that you want..... Now highlight and copy the direct link..
Let's pretend the direct link is - https://i.imgaaa[[.com/IV7B0qV.jpg
Right..... Now you gotta put those "bookends" on each side of it..... So it would now look like this;
Make sure the bookends are up flush to the "direct link". Also, don't put it just under where you write.
Make sure you drop.....
a couple of spaces down..... Good luck
ps - 3 stages should look like this ( I'm using a crap photo as an example);
1 - [img]
2 - [img]https://i.imgaaa[[.com/IV7B0qV.jpg
3 -
Then click comment and cross your fingers..... like this;