More from Politico
truebluebasher
said:
swellnet Shutdown Exclusive!
Journey's back to Fed [L] Govt Covid Lockdown era!
Revisiting the most important & Po
Next Federal Election
5076
truebluebasher
said:
To Scope or Not...
Many folk are born to suffer in natural airborne scenarios that trigger suffocation!
Asthmatics mas
Vaccinate or not
7070
tearymasseuse
said:
And thine humanitarian voice spoketh: ye who are chosen go forth… snipe thine children, and explode thou babies and bury
The Israel Palestine problem solving thread
5195
Barnard
said:
250620 Iranians on the move
…I got a picture of Iranians moving...
…the enriched uranium…
… before the US air stri
I got a "top secret photo" of the war... on who's Terror?
0
Barnard
said:
250620 Iranians on the move
…I got a picture of Iranians moving...
…the enriched uranium…
… before the US air stri
I got a "top secret photo" of the war... on who's Terror?
0
OK Indo last post here...
You may have noticed that I deleted your last post. It's out of context - no-one here is an "Israel hater" - and it reads as deliberate aggravation. I think I've tolerated your behaviour very well, not tried to gaslight your intellect, nor read my own feelings into your posts, but at this point you're either being deliberately provocative or you can't grasp the nuance of logic.
I understand you've admitted in the past to having a tendency toward the 'tism, and if that is so, then why not step back from what is an intricate topic? You continually bulldoze absolutes into a field of grey.
Long story short, second warning. One more provocation - deliberate or not - and you're banned.
Mikehunt207. Hi.
I totally agree with your last paragraph, you summed it up in one. AW
Indo, here’s a little tip about posting I use more often that you’d know.
1. Write your post.
2. Read it aloud to yourself.
3. Edit, correct spelling and punctuation.
4. Read it again to yourself.
STEP 5 IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP.
5. Delete it and go and hang with your kids. Without the laptop phone tablet etc.
It’s a winner every time. Eventually you’ll go weeks only using the best part of step 5.
Give it a crack. You’ll probably like it.
He could help his Misso with the cooking as well.
Good advice Soggy...
I will also endeavour to do more of that.
Sage advice.
The rest of my post will self-destruct in 3 - 2 - 1
This irrational behaviour by a particular islander, the only logical explanation is that it’s the ‘curse of the non-subscriber ‘, a decade later, it’s time to pay the Swellnet Grim Reaper, or else. AW
'What's what?', ahhhhhhh, Watts..
palate cleanser.. imagine being a gay feller that kinda liked Dave Davies, and then becoming immortalised by the Kinks and then the Jam??
I was admonished somewhere else for saying he didn’t understand what was said to him.
I think I’m vindicated by what has transpired since.
Seeds. Hi mate. How are you doing ?
Geez, you can hear a pin drop in the Swellnet engine room, it’s all very quiet,
dumbly,, dumbly,, dumbly,,, dumbly , ooh, Was that a mouse ? . AW
^ haha yes @AW ;)
...and for any keen resuuurchers, aaand for edumacation purposes ;);)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Livingston_Seagull
Hey AW,
Took a walk today along the fringes of a shallow salty lake.
Just a slight breeze through the trees that was assisting the tiny lapping of the waves at my feet.
Better than the silence you describe above.
Strangely no bird sounds.
Ahhhh...hows the civility. :-)
Ahhhh...hows the civility. :-)
@seeds listening to that very sound right now at sunset.
^ that's fucken hilarious @JF, that bee one today was astonishing..!
JellyFlater. Hi fella, hope ya well. Love your posts as usual .
I’m twiddling my thumbs, just eaten, have been ushered to my seat , popcorn in a bag (with the bottom cut out so I can maybe twiddle something else) and, patiently awaiting this evening’s matinee.
I wonder what the title of this evening’s entertainment may be.
‘Away in a m(anger) ‘
AW.
@JF next spring I’m burying myself under the tarps and the Devil’s Parrot and I are having a little chat afterwards.
Noice.
Sun setting about now. What’s the setting?
edit That sounds a bit strange.
What are you seeing?
Seeds. Hi mate.
Don’t you love sound when what you’re hearing, is the ‘only’ sound.
You made it sound wonderful. Good stuff. AW
Edit. Was it around midday when you didn’t hear birds ?
Between 1 and 2.
As you’d be well aware, birds are most active early in the morning and late in the day just before dusk.
Generally feeding and looking for a ‘bit of it’.
In between they, socialise, preen, relax and loaf.
What a life .
Everytime I read about your Devils Parrot, I crack up laughing. It’ll do your head in. AW
Nah that soft c… left after 48 hours.
Last year he started a new nest about 40 metres away that I had to battle him over.
This year nothing.
It’s the lady calling the shots. She must be a real ball breaker.
Haha all good mate.
A bunch of Pelicans, some spoonbills, alot of cormorants and ibis returning from the West, a glassy surface with little waves lapping and a beaut sunset(it was) with kookaburras carrying on...even though they're pests here, i still love hearing em.
But that temp dropped about 10degrees as soon as the sun dipped below the horizon.
Southernraw. Hi mate.
Well your description of a bunch of pelicans , spoonbills, cormorants (shags) and ibis returning from the west could very well be a load of politicians en route back to Canberra after a liberal party meeting in Perth. AW
@Southern it sounds awesome.
Funny the kookas over there now.
They are the first thing I hear here pre dawn and last thing at sunset.
Bush alarm clocks here. One always wets the bed briefly an hour before dawn.
Can’t you at least wait until it’s light enough to see?
Some summer sunsets they are wonderful with their raucousness
haha very good @AW. Although an insult to those birds! hehe
Yeah they're classic @seeds. They probably think they're doing you a favour!
Getup. Surfs pumping. Get up. Surfs pumping.
Won't be long till the baby kookas show up.
I love em but fark they can carry on and sound oddly disturbing.
I don't know why but adult kookas and lorries around my place seem to drop their kiddies off in the surrounding trees in the morning and then bugger off to get food, leaving me to deal with the whinging.
Well, the swell birds have been calling here, it’s going to be on , come Friday morning. About time, our patience has been wearing very thin.
Time to get the Eric out. AW
Hi Tubeshooter.
Bird crèche.
Our battle is always Magpies and Kookaburras having a verbal stoush , morning then evenings , trying to out do each other. But ultimately it’s all about boundaries. AW
NIMBY ;)
nah they're cool.
Cheers AW
Edit. The kookies here are still giving the maggies a hard time, one in particular, cranky bugger.
All this talk about birds reminds me of an equally over the top ridiculous story to the events of today ^^ …. Birdie Num Nums to you
I was immaculately stoned when I first saw this and to say that I laughed myself sick is an understatement …
The bird is the word
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
GuySmiley. Hi.
Ditto. What a pisser. AW
Ha Tubeshooter
That song is somehow catchy
How it ever came to be? Especially back then
The Cramps used to do it as their show closer, Ivy walking Lux off stage after he had clambered all over the stacks destroying the mic and squealing the lyrics. Freakin awesome.
@ Seeds,
I think it had something to do with the 'establishment' at the time.
The bird being the middle finger in this case. Classic 60's.
Haha The Party. That birdy num nums was all we'd say as kids.
TS maybe the birds recognise you as one of the tribe so feel safe leaving their young with you. Well played!
Just on birds, I've always told people who are struggling through hard times or who are stuck in cities away from wild nature, just go outside, sit and watch birds. There's birds everywhere! Even the humble sparrows and pigeons. Seagulls.
Just watching them go about their thing in a non human way. It's good meditation for the soul.
This was the scene. Funny stuff.
I found the movie hilarious as a young fella. Probably no different now with what I find funny
Haha! Thx @seeds!
Haven't seen that for about 35 years!!
What's the word?
A lovely menagerie of comments , from the flock , above .
Like a bunch of wonderful Kookaburra's and Magpies , singing the night away .
I have been to a few , GREAT Parties .
Was never Arrested , by a Copper , in uniform , so nun better haha , than Peter's Yum Yum Pool Party .
You’re sounding like a screeching galah @PD, maggies and jackies don’t sing into the night, nesting maggies do occasionally very softly worble to each other during the night and jackies get up very early to sing out their territory but that’s it …. anyway, does this guy remind you of anyone?
Very funny clip smiley, had forgotten about The Horn .
Some Kookaburra's wake up signing , before light , no joking and really not trying 2B a Galah , comes naturally .
The Director was Stu , tough job .
The Imported Indian , with the Never Say Die , Maxwell Smart attitude , could B me , as I often step on explosives , but guessing U have me , Charlie'd .
Indo has Thick, impenetrable Skin .
Boogie with Stu
Classic Guy.
Great Clip!!
Saw Led Zep live in 1972 when they were at their peak, still the best concert I've ever been to!!
bird song
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
bird food ;)