More from Politico
truebluebasher
said:
swellnet Shutdown Exclusive!
Journey's back to Fed [L] Govt Covid Lockdown era!
Revisiting the most important & Po
Next Federal Election
5076
truebluebasher
said:
To Scope or Not...
Many folk are born to suffer in natural airborne scenarios that trigger suffocation!
Asthmatics mas
Vaccinate or not
7070
tearymasseuse
said:
And thine humanitarian voice spoketh: ye who are chosen go forth… snipe thine children, and explode thou babies and bury
The Israel Palestine problem solving thread
5195
Barnard
said:
250620 Iranians on the move
…I got a picture of Iranians moving...
…the enriched uranium…
… before the US air stri
I got a "top secret photo" of the war... on who's Terror?
0
Barnard
said:
250620 Iranians on the move
…I got a picture of Iranians moving...
…the enriched uranium…
… before the US air stri
I got a "top secret photo" of the war... on who's Terror?
0
Speaking of whataboutism, how many kids killed today in Gaza with American munitions being ignored by the western world???
Some lives worth more than others ey....
Totally. As above. No bias there.
He might want to take a look at his own website and fix the typos.
After all, he is a 'journalist'.
Edit: no, some lives are not worth more than others, but...
"To use an abhorrent crime (rapes) to push a anti Islam, anti immigrant agenda is fooked as he was pointing out."
"Anti Islam is as vile as anti semitism..."
Exactly Andy but that's not what the above fellow is about, he is clearly an anti-semite.
OK fair point.
His video came up and I got sucked in, did not know his back ground, but the right wing fear mongering scares me. In 30's it was Jews, looks like history is starting to repeat except Muslims are going to be the victims.
This article might have been more appropriate.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2025/jan/07/british-politics-…
Actually that is whataboutism,
You dont care about other conflicts or deaths around the world and neither does much of the media, i provided a great example (with links) the other day on Sudan that has seen a larger death toll in the same time frame and not long ago received their first shipment of aid to a main area, but nobody care's about that conflict or a real starvation happening.
Meanwhile the media is obsessed with Israel and Gaza, there is all kinds of articles on the topic everyday from media outlets.
But yeah if you want the narrative of kids being killed without the details of hamas being killed etc or news stories like the Israeli's murdered on a bus a few days ago in the West bank.
Then you might have to go to a media outlet like Al Jazeera but it should be noted that they are so full of shit that that the Palestine authority ( PLO ) in Judea/Samaria (West Bank) last week joined the list of Middle East countries in banning Al Jazeera (might only be short term though) basically the PLO accused the outlet of, misleading reports and inciting violence.
Pretty much the same reason it's banned in half the middle east (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel)
The biggest news story of this week in Gaza though is the recent hostage deal that actually might happen because of pressure of Trump coming into power very soon.
34 hostages to be released including a baby who is now a toddler, although Hamas cant tell anyone which hostage's on the list are dead or alive.
Which is insane, even to start negotiating you normally would have proof of life, so you know what you are negotiating for.
How’ve you been facto?
Hi goofyfoot, I'll wear that one, I regularly think I have all the facts!
Top of the class, GF.
Well there you go, didn’t see that coming.
Hi facto , you’re looking good post op .
Dammit! I was hoping you'd be a real woman Chelsea.
Wut? Am I missing something? Isn't goofyfoot burning me for coming across as a know-it-all?
I think you’re missing something after the op .
Really that's insane if it is.
The name and profile pic is very his style, but if he is and is playing this charade with completely different views then he has done an amazing job.
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed too.
I was kinda hoping SR would get his wish.
I thought it was Blowin, maybe.
Whoever it is definitely in a character mode.
A trans- formation ? Only joking. I actually liked a lot of the stuff facto put up but he got carried away with you and blowin . Some of his finds were really interesting. He had some good topics . Overall I found him interesting but understand why some didn’t like him .
Pretty sure SR & facto are good mates . Yes it would be great if some women would join in discussions. I still reckon women don’t find these threads that interesting and have other interests or really busy . What do you notice about who’s chatting to who at BBQs ?
I'd honestly love to see more women here too but pretty much as above, it's just not that interesting for them here.
I do like how initially Chelsea was treated as an equal. Quite the antithesis of how Southern regards most of us.
Seriously, give it a rest dickhead.
You really are a deadset cockspanker aren't you.
Why? Because I really honestly thought Chelsea was a switched on cool chick and I thought you'd be pleased. I was waiting for you to engage with her but turns out she's your mate.
So, I guess I am the fool.
I think you're pretty rude mate. I've never once called you a name, especially a homophobic one. I'm gonna leave you alone, you're too much of a hellman charger for me.
And Facto, used to think you were pretty cool. I admired your brain.
Past tense.
Strange bedfellows indeed.
Gold star incoming.
I'm not a previous swellnet user called "facto". I'm just an ordinary woman in my thirties who left the Victorian public service and the state in late 2022, after the public mistakenly voted the Labor organised crime cartel back into power. Now, I'm proud to say I'm part of the team preparing for the Brisbane Olympics. I find these forum topics interesting because I studied politics and international relations at uni of Melbourne. My only crime is I'm not as pretty as my profile pic.
Leave me out of your miserable online existence. Thanks.
Miserable?
Pretentious, condescending, sycophantic, humourless and just plain nasty.
And you call me miserable?
No worries mate. I thought we'd mended a few bridges.
Charge on Mr. T.
Sorry, missed conceited too.
..... ^^ sheesh and, it's only the 10th of Jan
Pace yourself Guy.
Hope you had a nice break.
Twumpy has been sentenced , he got FOUR YEARS!
Where are you reading that?
A google search "Trump 4 years sentence" bring's up nothing in news saying this, only articles like this.
"Trump avoids jail or punishment at hush money sentencing days before inauguration"
https://www.reuters.com/legal/trump-be-sentenced-hush-money-case-days-b…
He did get four years as president though, them going after him sure didn't hurt him becoming president, who knows it might have even helped.
“ The office of the presidency might be
extraordinary, but the holder of the office is not “
First ever convicted felon, elected to office,
will be Trumps historical legacy.
Even though he got no real punishment.
So why did he try so hard to stop his sentencing ?
Nice cast quadzilla , a double header first throw .
Steal a little they throw you in jail , steal a lot they make you king…… BD
Trump got 4 years as president,
when he should be playing golf and surfing not bad beach breaks!
one set of balls for the whole party?
or has kier's dam wall just sprung a leak?
https://x.com/blue_labour/status/1878176738662044113
"...This is not an obsession of the far right. I am speaking out because over the decades there have been far too few Labour voices expressing clear disgust and outrage at these heinous crimes, their cover-up and the lack of action.""
it's only a 'far right obsession'
to fucking idiots...
M A G(get back on track) A!
HE's BACK,Donny boy just came back
he's gone, joey boy has been and GONE
HE's here to right the wrongs, not trip over in his thongs
SHE's OUT,no more of that useless SHitOUT.
Just a poem for the day that the world changed for the right direction.
Twumpy reving up POOman!
THE risk of WAR under TWUMP!
Its very real now imo, Zelensky has a peace plan that involves going in with Trump and mining Ukraines abundant natural resources(the most in Europe).In exchange for security of Ukraine.Twumpy likes the "deal".
However, 60% of those resources are underground where the POOman has occupied and declared said areas part of Russia.He has said that he will use NUKES if Russia is attacked.SO, in his mind, he will only be defending Russia if Trump tries to push him back to the real borders of 1991 when the USSR collapsed.
The 2022 invasion was always about taking the re$ource$ of Ukraine, nothing to do with Nazis or protecting Russian speakers(what a lame excuse to kill about a million people so far)
Decisions could come very soon.The Russian economy is in a serious state of decline, their military is poorly organised, trained and equipped BUT theres a lot of them.AND! they have NUKES(they like to remind everyone too)
Its 3 years(almost) since it started,Ukraine has kicked the Goliaths arse with limited equipment but great ingenuity and innovation.
THE WAR OF THE DRONES will make a great movie.I bet the Hollywood types have it in the pipeline already!
WW III could be near.
The devil you know(Biden) and the one you dont TWUMP!
Talk of deals, Ukraine not regaining all the territory it had from the 1991 transition out of the USSR.Hmmmm, I dont like that idea.
The Ukes took the Kursk region 6 months ago for 2 reasons.A bargaining chip in peace talks and to divert Russians away from where they are their strongest.
Pooman and Trump have had a 90 minute discussion recently, Would have been nice to listen in.
The Donbas is mineral rich, thats why Pooman invaded.The fight over those riches 15-30 trillion $(they can only estimate) will be interesting.
Crimea was Russian until 1954,so if the occupied Kursk territory plus Crimea is the trade for the Dombas plus Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.Thats the minimum deal imo.
The EU might be cursing Twump,they want the Russki. terrorists gone, defeated ,weakened(that has happened already) and not a threat.I really like a disintergration of the Pootin/Kremlin empire as the best result.I dont think that will happen though.
@blindboy check out the above post you started over 8 years ago...you were making out that war was just around the corner due to Trumps 1st presidential win...any comment on why it hasn't happened yet??
He had a self-confessed tendency to go for emotion rather than anything more substantial.
it was just an internet post!
However, its quite relevant at this point in time.
Ukraine is far from over(imo).that conflict can perhaps escalate quickly IF(?) RF doesnt give up the Donbas held territory where 60% of Ukraines mineral wealth lies beneath the ground.
It all depends on one side compromising and I dont believe either will.
you're right quadzilla, it was only an internet post..an internet post that was full of paranoia and nothing else..The Ukraine war won't be escalating anytime soon. Without American support Ukraine will be forced to accept whatever decision Trump and Putin come up with..
Also India and Pakistan have been having a bit of brouhaha (I hope I have spelled that correctly) recently complete with shot down Rafales, here's a clip from happier times:
Please read the comments in this vid from people who grew up, or had relatives who lived, in Russia, Poland, Germany, Venezuala, Hungary, etc.
(Not necessarily about war but couldn't find a more appropriate thread to post in now the USA one is locked).
"Professor Shore, who has spent two decades writing about the history of authoritarianism in Central and Eastern Europe, is leaving because of what she sees as the sharp regression of American democracy. “We’re like people on the Titanic saying our ship can’t sink,” she said. “And what you know as a historian is that there is no such thing as a ship that can’t sink.”
"She borrows from political and apolitical Slavic motifs and expressions, arguing that the English language does not fully capture the democratic regression in this American moment."