More from Swellnet Forecast Notes
simba said: coffs surf report.....
Coffs Harbour
Updated: 2025-07-21 09:48:00
Surf: peaky 4ft E
Winds: Moderate SW
Weather: partly cloudy
Rating: 5/10…
Surf report1
The grouch
said:
Morning,
off topic convo
travelling to Ments (Padang) later in the year via Singapore and with Singapore airlines.
L
Mentawi Trip
0
Barnard
said:
See politico section ...require Help urgently
...How do u send a pic to swellnet exclusive...
Help
0
Barnard said: Thanks Ben ...Always Helpful...
I am new to this www thing ..
How can I send u a world exclusive photo
as reffered in yr Political…
Forecast notes - new location!66
MidCoaster
said:
Ben,
The forecasts for the mid are ridiculous.. 4/5 out of 10 today when it’s probably a 2 at best.
Midcoast SA forecast
0
You know what Towman, I have only surfed the 'target area' twice. But the best waves I actually got were west of there, but only just west, not real West. i.e. straight out front was better. Serious, not makin this up to discourage people from going to the target area
Just don't see the point in naming spots. Swellnet doesn't do it so why should you jump on their forum and tell the world where to go. News broadcasts are on air for 3 mins. If you miss the broadcast then you can't go back and see it again. Posting locations on Australia's #1 surfing forum for everyone to read 24/7 forever is just mind blowing stupidity IMO.
But hey, you're the man who knows everything and believes he's doing the world a favour by blabbing spots to the world so go right ahead mate. Karma will look after d1ckheads like you. End rant from me now.
Welly ay thats where i am campin . And its been good here so direct em more east to yas secret spots
Yeah but Mitch, for rees0 to say a "mellow crowd of 10".... on the sunny coast.... shows one of two things... He's either living in a parallel universe, or he's a small wave surfer..... The only times you get a "mellow crowd of ten" is at some of the EXACT spots that tv webcast or Robbie Sherwell mentions when it is 2 foot..... Those rare times the Sunny coast is over 6 foot, it's wall to wall fibreglass from Caloundra to Noosa at all the spots that can handle it. I don't know when you were last on the sunny coast, Mitch, but it aint 1988 anymore. Urban sprawl from Bindy Irwin land to Hatsings st....The sunny coast now economically relies on bands of surfers visiting, with shop owners praying for dudes to come in to their bakery for the after surf munchies.... It aint S.A... Totally different culture..... Totally... And one last thing, I don't know how many surfers will be inspired by my one little blog here to visit my old urban wasteland of Coolum... 2, 4 , 10 surfers. But I do know that millions of surfers worldwide know of the upcoming swell event thanks to webistes like this, it's competitors, and the likes of channel 7 and 9.... It's no use pointing at the smoke. The fire was lit long ago....
Anyway, just scrolled through 15 pages surf forecast notes, the majority of which have 0 to minimal comments.... Good to see people getting into it.... And this topic/ debate that has morphed is probably worthy of a decent discussion in a new forum topic...... It's a good one, certainly not a clear line, but a dotted one. cheers, Mitch..
Well I aint seen too many jellyfish, but this is definitely a shitwind...
Funny, they were talking the forecast up big time at the beginning of the comp, but even to my rudimentary eye it didn't hold anything special in store. They wanna hope the winds shift, and soon
Yep Kaiser, Shitwind..... Don't be surprised if the odd bluebottle starts rockn in.. Never know ya' luck...
Well, Braithy, I stand by my comments in the "semi pro shakedown fountain of youth", wed 5/3, 11.56 am...... That freekn wannabee guru loudmouth narcissistic tick ridden mut wrote;
" Window should be 14 days, not 12. 2 days can make a helluva difference, especially in Qld, in march..... Forget about the low forming off FNQ. It'll most likely follow the path of the last "gammon" cyclone....... Easterlies, jellyfish, junk..... Wind up the ladies now (move to Dbah tomorrow if necessary).... A ballsy comp' director would wait for the 1/2 decent fetch forming around the 10/3. 11th, 12th should be "ok"....If the window was 14 days, we'd have a decent "spectacle" on the 13th and 14th, with that fetch squeezing between NZ, New Cal', and Fiji......... will be a good 4 foot without the "jellyfish shitwind"...... "
I'll leave you all to your own devices..... C ya out the back one day ;)
Arrivederci SDog!!!!
hey sheepdogg ,wheres that thread where you asked the question about swell being affected by the earth spinning eastward ?( north /south angle) I would have thought you where correct about that . when you watch the colour models and you see swells heading to india from the roarin 40s etc you can see it easily and it sorta goes with that question I had asked . now I dunno wheres the thread and want see if it got an answer
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/crystal-ball/81786 ?
(issued Friday 6th March)...Friday was the 7th... wind ya watch back 25hrs hey Ben?
Sheepdog - I guess I'm just a glass half full kinda guy then. Last surf on the Sunny Coast was solo and a solid (but junky) 3ft on the weekend. prior to that, a mid week mid arvo sesh, with random lidders calling me into 2-3ft drainers (didn't make any of the drainerpipes, just the more gentle, shouldery ones).
for a 6ft E'ly swell on the weekend though: from past experience, I am also expecting wall to wall fibreglass, anywhere that's holding the size and fairly clean.