More from Website troubleshooting
Brett Lawrance
said:
My subscription opens on the app fine , and I can log in on my search engine (google) ,but it doesn't let me navigate pe
Log in on google troubles
0
shagger
said:
It got one of my waves 10 seconds before the glitch, so all is not lost
Cameras not working
19
Nick Bone
said:
Just noticed the new icon for my location forecast saved link on the iPhone. Jazzed it up a bit?
Not not working
0
augusto alvetti
said:
Just wondering if you guys have any idea when is the camera at avoca getting back only?!
Avoca camera not working
0
hackonayak
said:
Seems the cams aren't playing live feeds a lot of the time?........have they been checked for Co Vid?.... :P
cams frozen....
0
Me too, white screen of death in IE and this one is really frustrating- I am often getting '408 request time-out' error code in Firefox. This happens on no other website except SN so guessing this might originate from your end. Sometimes I have to try and open a page 3 or 4 times. Sometimes I give up.
Chrome seems to be fine.
Keep digging Ben:)
Yep the White screen after loading had been happening on my Mac laptop but not my phone
We did some more changes ot the site yesterday - is this 'whitescreen' problem still persisting for anyone?
So far so good but I'm still getting the '408 request time-out' error message in firefox and only on Swellnet. Not all the time but frequently enough to be annoying. Doesn't happen in IE or Chrome. Wondering if it's at my end, but if so why only on SN?
Interestingly, performance has improved - using iPad, Safari v9.3.2
Zen - can you email me a screenshot of that error message? Can you also see if it happens on various pages: homepage, surfcam page, surf report page.
Thanks! We'll keep digging.
Wil get the screenshot to you tonight Ben but can tell you the 408 error occurs when clicking on anything from the homepage, from the surf reports, to articles, to forums. Sometimes I have to hit the back key and other times a refresh usually sorts it. Curiously, only in firefox though.
Very odd - I've never seen a 408 error myself, and you're the first person to report it to us. Firefox usage is low though so I'm not surprised.
hey ben, I've had reloading issues again for the last week or so but only on my apple laptop, iPhone is fine
How about today Floyd? We only made those changes late last night so you wouldn't have seen am improvement until today (FWIW, I have seen an improvement at my end - yesterday was bad).
yep today is good Ben
Whatever you've done Ben appears to have worked. I can't get the error message to repeat so unable to take the screen shot.
Seems to be running smooth as silk atm.
Tried to take a screenshot- it came back tonight I'm sorry to say.
OK thanks Zen.. back re-investigating! We have a couple of new leads that we're pursuing. What a pain in the arse this is.. sorry for the inconvenience.
How we looking now? Any more Whitescreen issues? I am much more confident that we've finally solved the problem.. but won't know for sure until we get the all clear from regular users (always one of the main problems with troubleshooting intermittent bugs).
I gather by the lack of responses here that the issue is not appearing any more? Seems from my end that we've solved the problem. If you still are experiencing whitescreen issues please let me know.
Hasn't happened for a couple of weeks for me
Been good for a long time but its seems to have happened again the last three days, but only once a day so far?
We briefly triggered it yesterday for a few hours but it should be back to normal. If you are still seeing it please let me know.
Happened again today just then.
Me too.
Really? Argh. I thought we had fixed the problem. I'll look into it.
a fair bit lately, actually.
Three in a row just then.
Thanks guys, we're looking into it again.
Oops, still getting blank pages. Cloudfare issue ? My two cents worth, your load balancer.