FORM FIT WETTIE
Is it glued? If so, I don't think glue, heat and stretching it will go well together
Hey gopatter,
I have surfed in Tas for many years and haven't heard of anything like that suggestion.
I suspect Kaiser is right - hot water and the neoprene glue wouldn't go well together. In fact I wouldn't even put a wettie into a decently hot shower.
A few wears should stretch it out a bit. Some others wearing Patagonia here swear by how warm and durable they are - but generally admit they don't go near the flexibility of other suits.
Good luck with it!
Thanks Mick a good stout should do and Kaiser and Scotty - they were my thoughts - heat + glue = not good. The tip actually came from a life long Tas surfer and I was surprised by it or maybe its just a bit of apple isle humor.
This is one for the Tas crew. For the first and last time in 39 years of surfing I got a heavily discounted Patagonia 3mm wettie on the net. Super warm but a tad tight and really not that flexible. I heard through a mate that some of the Tas crew, who have to wear 5mm rubber, put on suit - hop into a hot bath and let the rubber mould to the body and stretch a bit with the heat. I have no idea if this is an old surfers tale or it actually works. Also sounds like a great way to get heat stroke. Has anybody actually tried this?