Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
ryan resides in Ireland these days. great underground surfer , I used to take him surfing when he was a grom back in NZ.
Clam
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 10:57 am
new
Baldhead wrote:
I've ordered a 7'0 Desert Storm, thinking about Pyzel Padillac quad fins.
Any feedback on how they go?
Thanks
The pyzel fins are better in 30ft waves, for waves under 6-8ft try some smaller , more flexible fins. The Webster fins are solid fibreglass, that means good in waves over 6ft , maybe a bit slower in small waves.
Clam
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 11:11 am
new
udo wrote:
Hey Caml....Dont forget if you see Ryan Watts - A Ride Report on the First Desert Twin
There is no feedback sorry udo, I vaguely recall Ryan said he got rid of it , for some reason I forget, didn’t ride it more than once ? Had to sell it or something, I will confirm this when I chat next with him. And surprise news is II have been riding twin fins for about 2 years now! And I’m saving up for a “desert twin” Webster
lostdoggy
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 11:14 am
new
How are the fin boxes holding up in the twins riding big waves, caml?
Craig
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 11:30 am
new
Clam wrote:
The pyzel fins are better in 30ft waves.
Ha, will never need them then :p!
Baldhead
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 02:00 pm
new
Thank you for all the feedback advice.
Appreciate the info Supafreak, pic's.
Saved me looking into fins ie Pyzel quads that aren't suitable
Spoke with Webby his quads were a limited run. He suggested Futures F6 quad for 7'0 as an option, go from there. I have a set of Danny Fuller quads will start with them.
Baldhead
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 02:22 pm
new
I have a 6'6 desert twin x 203/4x23/4 40 litres. Low rails
I ride it as step up DOH beachies south coast WA.
Great drive, hold, carve and pivot. I have the third fin box for a trailer fin on back hand.
It's a bit of an allrounder goes in smaller lined up waves, good down the line speed, carving
Tried a few fin sets. The Soulty seas MR twin works for me.
I ordered a 7'5" DT x 207/8 x3 50 litres.
Going to Indo later this month try it out and Margs in spring.
Can report back.
Webby is so good to get a board from.
Baldhead
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 02:20 pm
new
Clam wrote:
Baldhead wrote:
I've ordered a 7'0 Desert Storm, thinking about Pyzel Padillac quad fins.
Any feedback on how they go?
Thanks
The pyzel fins are better in 30ft waves, for waves under 6-8ft try some smaller , more flexible fins. The Webster fins are solid fibreglass, that means good in waves over 6ft , maybe a bit slower in small waves.
Thanks for feedback Caml.
What dim twin boards are you riding? Anything for bigger surf
Island Bay
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 03:21 pm
new
Baldhead wrote:
I've ordered a 7'0 Desert Storm, thinking about Pyzel Padillac quad fins.
Any feedback on how they go?
Thanks
These are another very good alternative. Get the flat trailers.
How are the fin boxes holding up in the twins riding big waves, caml?
No worries at all ! Future fins do the job….
Clam
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 08:42 pm
new
Baldhead wrote:
Clam wrote:
Baldhead wrote:
I've ordered a 7'0 Desert Storm, thinking about Pyzel Padillac quad fins.
Any feedback on how they go?
Thanks
The pyzel fins are better in 30ft waves, for waves under 6-8ft try some smaller , more flexible fins. The Webster fins are solid fibreglass, that means good in waves over 6ft , maybe a bit slower in small waves.
Thanks for feedback Caml.
What dim twin boards are you riding? Anything for bigger surf
Yeh so an 8”6 for 6-13ft , and a 7”11 for 3-7ft . Sammy Yoon shaped em , they go good forehand and backand, got some twin fins directly from Rasta, inner foils he has been working on. I love them…. The 7”11 is my all round short board these days,
I focus
Tuesday, 5 Aug 2025 at 10:21 pm
new
Clam wrote:
Baldhead wrote:
Clam wrote:
Baldhead wrote:
I've ordered a 7'0 Desert Storm, thinking about Pyzel Padillac quad fins.
Any feedback on how they go?
Thanks
The pyzel fins are better in 30ft waves, for waves under 6-8ft try some smaller , more flexible fins. The Webster fins are solid fibreglass, that means good in waves over 6ft , maybe a bit slower in small waves.
Thanks for feedback Caml.
What dim twin boards are you riding? Anything for bigger surf
Yeh so an 8”6 for 6-13ft , and a 7”11 for 3-7ft . Sammy Yoon shaped em , they go good forehand and backand, got some twin fins directly from Rasta, inner foils he has been working on. I love them…. The 7”11 is my all round short board these days,
Hey Cam what's the dimensions on the 7' 11"?
Also the 8' 6" if you have them off the top of the head, width at 12" would be interesting also.
Going to shape a few boards for myself 7' to 8' range just interested cheers.
Thanks IB they look good.
I see in the forum you use captain quads in your 6'10 DS when smaller.
What sort of conditions do you switch to the Bronn's?
Itsmemickyb
Wednesday, 6 Aug 2025 at 11:08 pm
new
why flat trailers IB? theyre normally foiled
Island Bay
Thursday, 7 Aug 2025 at 05:08 am
new
Itsmemickyb wrote:
why flat trailers IB? theyre normally foiled
They come with either flat inside foil, or 80/20 foil. They flat inner ones feel faster, more lively, the 80/20 smoother.
Baldhead, I love the McCallums for pretty much everything and every board. They're not available any more, so I hesitate to recommend them these days (have a custom set in the mail from an NZ guy).
Been running the Bronns in my big DS, and lately in my 7'0 Ben Webb too - incl the best point session of my winter so far. They're very well made (G-10), and quite similar to Futures EA quads, just a bit stiffer.
I’ve got a set of the padillac and the Webster fins for my 7’6 DS , prefer the websters , hit Wayne up for a set , I find them not so stiff.
Hey Caml....Dont forget if you see Ryan Watts - A Ride Report on the First Desert Twin
ryan resides in Ireland these days. great underground surfer , I used to take him surfing when he was a grom back in NZ.
The pyzel fins are better in 30ft waves, for waves under 6-8ft try some smaller , more flexible fins. The Webster fins are solid fibreglass, that means good in waves over 6ft , maybe a bit slower in small waves.
There is no feedback sorry udo, I vaguely recall Ryan said he got rid of it , for some reason I forget, didn’t ride it more than once ? Had to sell it or something, I will confirm this when I chat next with him. And surprise news is II have been riding twin fins for about 2 years now! And I’m saving up for a “desert twin” Webster
How are the fin boxes holding up in the twins riding big waves, caml?
Ha, will never need them then :p!
Thank you for all the feedback advice.
Appreciate the info Supafreak, pic's.
Saved me looking into fins ie Pyzel quads that aren't suitable
Spoke with Webby his quads were a limited run. He suggested Futures F6 quad for 7'0 as an option, go from there. I have a set of Danny Fuller quads will start with them.
I have a 6'6 desert twin x 203/4x23/4 40 litres. Low rails
I ride it as step up DOH beachies south coast WA.
Great drive, hold, carve and pivot. I have the third fin box for a trailer fin on back hand.
It's a bit of an allrounder goes in smaller lined up waves, good down the line speed, carving
Tried a few fin sets. The Soulty seas MR twin works for me.
I ordered a 7'5" DT x 207/8 x3 50 litres.
Going to Indo later this month try it out and Margs in spring.
Can report back.
Webby is so good to get a board from.
Thanks for feedback Caml.
What dim twin boards are you riding? Anything for bigger surf
These are another very good alternative. Get the flat trailers.
https://www.surfnvs.com/products/bronn-quad-apex-series
No worries at all ! Future fins do the job….
Yeh so an 8”6 for 6-13ft , and a 7”11 for 3-7ft . Sammy Yoon shaped em , they go good forehand and backand, got some twin fins directly from Rasta, inner foils he has been working on. I love them…. The 7”11 is my all round short board these days,
Hey Cam what's the dimensions on the 7' 11"?
Also the 8' 6" if you have them off the top of the head, width at 12" would be interesting also.
Going to shape a few boards for myself 7' to 8' range just interested cheers.
Sammy Yoon going hard!
Thanks IB they look good.
I see in the forum you use captain quads in your 6'10 DS when smaller.
What sort of conditions do you switch to the Bronn's?
why flat trailers IB? theyre normally foiled
They come with either flat inside foil, or 80/20 foil. They flat inner ones feel faster, more lively, the 80/20 smoother.
Baldhead, I love the McCallums for pretty much everything and every board. They're not available any more, so I hesitate to recommend them these days (have a custom set in the mail from an NZ guy).
Been running the Bronns in my big DS, and lately in my 7'0 Ben Webb too - incl the best point session of my winter so far. They're very well made (G-10), and quite similar to Futures EA quads, just a bit stiffer.
^ ^ ^
Big Price Drop
https://www.facebook.com/share/1GxKDbebXX/
8'0" - 75 litres -$350
https://www.facebook.com/share/16xemDTYXy/
Ex Ox