More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
that's rather rude.
please do better.
The only dump, happens every Sunday at dawn.

This was a good Jelly dump. No retards running around faith healing or talking in tongues with some lame band playing shit music. Just humans being great. If you gotta believe the unbelievable this is where I’m going.
pardon? my well thought-out reflection of modernity's take on my ancestors' culture and shared stories?
I'm sorry, my good sir, but they are not your tales. They are not anyone's in this free society. You have no dominion over the Jesus of my culture. In fact, you are a plank in the eye of my culture's religious history, and of the Jesus in my culture's past quest for answers.
As an adjunct to this, (and in the context of the above church abandonment post, the burden of our religious history being increasingly foisted onto the local tax-payer, rather than the tax-free churchies organisations who would rather spend their free cash on penny-whistles and moon-pies),
the single thing that detracts from worshipping the human story when I travel, take Iona or Lindisfarne..
when trying to share the spirit of my ancestors and their struggles, questions and burdens..
is the 'living worship community' of Californian blowins who want to bend your ear and sell you made-in-China standing-stone ornaments. Or worse, shards of 'authentic' limestone grubbed from on-site.. way to reduce our timeless human journey to trinket-triviality.
[could you please remove yourself from this otherwise quite good thread if you don't want to converse with subscribers, @Opti? It is your pig-headedness that contributed to it being on the back pages, after all. you have nothing to offer, and that is not for want of me asking (and complimenting you when you share of yourself) over and over and over again. I ain't a gotcha guy. I'm a lovely feller who likes difference. Yet you continue to be just plain rude. Just not working for you, is it old mate..? Maybe keep going fortnightly like last post, just till you work it out..]
I’ll be more succinct. You’re a cockhead, Opti!!
You forgot brain dead.
Jesus the True Shepherd..
... “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
Jesus the Good Shepherd
7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All who ever came [a]before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.
13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.
15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
"We are all like sheep that have gone astray....but if we will be still for a while ...and listen for the shepherds voice...we find direction and leadership and eternal safety"....Optimist.
as I have said, the Bible is a human document for all humanity to enjoy/research/revere/dismiss.. no-one has dominion over any aspect of human history.
please, @Opti, when quoting this great historical text of our forefathers, do not sign your moniker as if the words are your own. In your thinking, I would suppose you should think it prideful vanity.. in terms of representing history's page I find it sloppy and inaccurate.
The Isaiah 53:6 you quote is a wunderbar example of evidence that the Bible is man's first communist manifesto.
.
Of Shepherds and Sheep..
Yesterday I went for one of those 'gonna go out whether I should or not' surfs. I took the little Sanctum fish out at beachport, because I have been pondering that sweet potato swellnet post, and the idea of tic-tacking in shoulderless nothing waves has captured my thinking. If I was near the mid-coast it would too, but down here, I'm thinking orwell rocks and easy to access places where you can park and be on a 1' slider (mini-burger) in a few minutes.
On the way home (from a cold, nothing session) I went to the Millicent Show, which was brilliant and heart-warming, people being people at a country show in a small community. And watched the SA Yard Dogs sheep herding sessions.
kelpies doing what kelpies do. owners doing what they do, sheep doing what they do. Tools: dogs, crooks, surfboards, guitars.. that step between the master and the thing to be mastered.
What fun philosophers must have had looking at that, centuries ago.
Creating illuminating and instructive and comforting and inspirational metaphors and allegory representing the master, the tool, the task.. the mind, the hand, the deed..
Wonderful stuff.
basesix.
Your usual incoherent chatter dumped on the words of Christ…
You need to get out more.
My foot notes aren’t important like the scripture but they are my footnotes and I don’t pretend to be the author of John 10….
Charming as ever. I "use knowledge rightly" @Opti, and the Jesus Christ of the Bible is not yours to covet. He is all of humanity's and always will be. Continuing to paraphrase from Proverbs: "from the mouth of the fool spills harsh words, designed to stir up anger". I just got home from a walk in the woods (well, stringybark groves) with my mother. What a wonderful world we live in.. even when life isn't fair and there's a lazy wind whipping through you. Hope you work it out, brother.
He just described his getting out today.
And this isn’t an exclusive words of Christ thread.
Why don’t you just engage instead of dissing.
You still haven’t worked out that that’s why everyone one has the shits with you here. No discussion and certainly no questions of you, answered.
You aren’t converting anyone with your self righteous ignoring of posters.
Rather unchristian of you (as usual)
And your subtle racism on other threads
Rather unchristian of you (as usual)
Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.
But for anyone who seriously has questions or things relevant to the functioning of the universe I’m all ears….love the chat.
And to finish….i did not start this thread…..I don’t own it but I’ll put up my points of belief from over the years.
1) I believe that Jesus Christ is the visible son of the invisible God…..it’s all about scale….
2) I believe the son of God came to earth to save the people He created.
3) The give of grace is for everyone and cannot be bought or earned…
…. it is a gift to those who believe.
4).Most churches and most translations of the bible are good….some more simple than others…..but the message the same.
5) While people are generally good everywhere, churches like the Holy Roman Empire ( Catholic) and other cults should be avoided as they have changed the message to suit themselves even adopting pagan rituals into the church.
This does not mean the Catholic man in the street is bad…or the JW or the. Mormon etc etc….just off track and should fellowship elsewhere.
6) I also believe that the bible is the true word of God brought to us by the people He has entrusted His words to over many generations.
7) All of life’s questions can be answered in this book of many books….
Cheers.
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbnuts, because to answer would expose you belonging to a cultish church. The Catholic Church sucks balls but so does your cult.
Hypocrite!!