More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
yeh, live on radio yesterday I reckon (says 2 days old in the link)
Okay I usually listen to these. Yesterday saying a poet someone was on but missed it.
the Galapogas bit made me laugh out loud and think @AW would dig it, Whyte's saying we can learn the latin names and think we know things, but that animals haven't read the books and insist on being an integral part of a specific environment, tangled in a web, its individual thread can't be extracted, insisting on living its own life specific to itself (20:00-on)
Bit of religious stuff towards the end, @Opti could enjoy it, Whyte draws bible stories out to apply to practical things, listenable and uncondescending.. fuck me!! $180 for his 3 hour workshop!
stare off: moonlit joey vs sunrise pup.
Reckon the marsupial wins hands down.
Dog is thinking "whats next?". Joey is thinking "Feed me or I'll stab you".
Haha yep that walla be nasty.
A more laid back Townsville local I just spied.

Haha, awesome. Been on the pineapple juice all night............
Looking at that nut sack, I think he left all the female possums looking like a plasterers radio
Ha yeah big night. Must be cooler sleeping that way I guess. It’s hot as Hades at the moment. Imagine having a fur coat on.
Ha plasterer’s radio. New saying for me.
haha, or choofin on the possum magic.. must be warm up there @seeds..
as the saying goes 'hot enough to melt the cock off a brushtail'.
Never realised the beans were above the frank.
good spot for it, if they have them two-headed centipede-tail wangs..
anyway.. I reckon we delete our search histories and move on : /
There’s worse on mine.
on your wang?
What’s are red spots and stuff. Haha. You know, medical questions.
Aw gawd, I wish I was in a situation to have those questions.
I wish I was young again with the confidence I have now.
Crazy shot seeds ;)
The inner child in me wants to reach through the screen and poke him in the nuts with a stick.
A familiar coastal plant across Australia.
Conditions are obviously, favourable. AW
Nice AW.
I don't no what it is called.
I was waiting to see some shots from your West coast trip.
Cheers
Mattlock. Hi mate, hope ya well.
As you’ve shown interest, I’ll load plenty.
Here goes.
I know this one, Leucophyta brownii. The name kind of reminds me of seeds possum photo for some reason......
Thanks AW.
The one third last is beautiful. Some sort of Melalueca?
Love the stumpy in the tent action.
I once had Rosnenberg's Sand Goanna in the back of the HR wagon. He was after my ripe pineapple. My mate was feakin'.
Scared him out with a dust pan and brush
Blackers. Hi fella. Nice to speak with you.
Correct, you’d definitely know it with your plant knowledge.
It’s quite a ubiquitous plant, most know it, I love them, just reminds me of the coast. Totally kitted out for the conditions that prevail.
Interesting how it was removed from the genus, Calocephalus, both C.lacteus and C.luteus share similar characteristics but also very minor differences, one similarity of the three, all daisies from Asteraceae family. Good stuff. AW
Mattlock. Hi.
Yeah, the Melaleuca is beautiful, tiny little shrub.
The shingle back lizard was our daily cleaner, vacuuming up any food items on the mesh floor of our mess kitchen.
We were regularly visited by Singing Honeyeaters, the most prevalent bird at that location.
I’m heading back there January 2nd, 2026 for five weeks, can’t wait, I love the place. 41 years since my first visit. Life’s good. AW
Dig that succulent in batch 1. Nice photos, good to see you going macro. Looks like you had a great trip.
https://ibb.co/VWtpT67L
Blackers, this one.
Maireana sedifolia, it’s beautiful. Obviously means foliage like the genus Sedum. It’s one of the Blue-Bushes from the Chenopodiaceae family.
We did have a great time with exceptional surf. Very lucky indeed.
Great plants in that ecosystem. AW
We’ve gotta get a Swellnet surf team from our southern regions and go there for a few weeks, we’d have a ball.
A NSW Proteaceous Native.
An outstanding plant, tough as all hell, mine is about 20 years old, can handle real dry conditions. AW
Some interesting plants along the wind blown ocean fronting areas here. All low growing and densely packed together creating a carpet of sorts. First one’s flower looks like a wallum plant at home. (pics are bush then accompanied close up)












image hosting
Nice. Seeds
Pics 1,2 Looks like sme type of Tea Tree.
Pics 3-4 A species of Melaleuca or Callistemon, possibly Calothamnus, they all look alike. I’m going Callistemon.
Pics 5,6,7, 8 Coastal Jugflower or flame bush .Adenanthos cuneatus
Pics 9, 10 Albany Red Woolly Bush Adenanthos sericeus.
Bit hard to tell the rest AW
Hi AW

This one got me. It seems so foreign to everything else.
It should be the Aussie Christmas tree.
Seeds . It’s a great plant. It’s Proteaceous, related to Banksias, Hakeas etc.
Super.tough even in the eastern states. Can grow to 4m high .
There’s a dwarf form available also.
We’ve had one on our deck in a huge pot, just reel it inside at Xmas time.
Nice tiny red flowers.
Loving your photos, keep having fun and safe travels. AW
I’ve been advocating for it to be officially called The Australian Xmas tree
We have a couple, too. They are hardy, attractive, and make a good screening plant for privacy. We always had a "bonsaied" (small pot = root bound and stunted) Norfolk Pine for a Christmas tree. Didnt do so well over the Millennium drought, and we haven't been back.
Great photos, glad you are getting out and about.
Thanks AW and seeds. That proteaceous has been spotted around on eastern suburbs walks with my wife. Think we will pick up a few dwarf types for up the coast. They look great, and yes have a Christmas tree look about them.
Batfink. Hi fella. Hope you’re loving life.
Albany Red Wooly Bush is tough, can handle real dry soil, keep fertiliser away from it, Proteaceous plants don’t like any additional phosphorus or nitrogen , they evolved on soils that lacked those two elements, thus have developed means of getting the scant amounts they do need via a specialised root system called cluster roots or Proteoid roots ( worth a Google search to read a bit about these specialised root systems).
This plant is a great substitute for Pittosporum sp. that are rampantly used for screening between neighbours.
In fact this plant is better, its native, it attracts birds, it’s got real red tiny flowers and the foliage is soft to touch, looks like a conifer, fast growing and it’s easily clipped or hedged.
Do yourself a favour as one particular Australian likes to say. AW
Littoral zone meandering. Whites Beach, Torquay, one week ago.
The three representatives of algae are present, Brown, Red and Green in these photos.
*note- Blue-green algae is not a true algae, it’s a photosynthetic bacteria (Cyanobacteria sp.)
Don’t you love the biodiversity of life. AW
Hey Seeds, are you in Albany atm?
Just checked, start of April.
Hey mate. Unfortunately not. Is that your neck of woods?
Yes it is, recognised the wind mills straight away, took a minute to get Goode Beach. Hope you enjoyed it. Beautiful spot, frustrating surf with lots of travel. The where’s your local thread made me laugh, is Bremer Bay to Walpole too big an area?
Goode Beach was a nice spot.
Checked a few beaches around the traps. Only saw surfers at Ocean beach.
I read today someone was lost to the sea at Salmon Holes.
Seeds. Hi mate. That unfortunate death happened whilst we were in Albany.
Despite all the signage and warnings, people turn their back at that location and the ocean takes you.
I used to surf there a lot 41 years ago, it was sketchy then and still is. AW
Unfortunately even with all the warnings and life jackets available for use free they still go off.
Lots of ghosts at Salmon Holes.
No doubt a serious spot. I spun out on the signs saying life jackets are compulsory when fishing there.
my lad suggested we go for a 'wombat drive' an hour ago..
we live in an isolated pocket of common wombats surrounded by coast,
plantation pine forests, and a handful of farmers who hate them.
we spotted 11 in a half hour drive! 2 male, 3 female, 6 juvenile,
often near each other despite being loners.. no mange spotted..
my heart is fit to burst, moonlight, my son driving on his Ps.
(and of course, kangas and wallabies up the wazoo!)
Ha I get ya point but
Getting in a car with a male P player would nearly burst anyone’s heart.
(healthy population)
. Double
in me hilux no less!!!
Bet you were grabbing the wheel occasionally
I'd had a bottle of Oligarchy substitute, thanks to @rothmanisatool, which helped..
I just suggested the lad consider my need to go to work tomorrow without broken suspension.. he drove slow, just almost went down a couple of ravines and burrows..