More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
I see plenty of untouched vehicles with p plates out and about.
I don’t see that in my driveway.
son got himself a first car last week, a sweet '94 magna sedan auto with low kms.. $1800 - yeeew!
@AW's COTD

Magna. Hehe
They were good in the day? He’ll still pull no doubt, having wheels.
Shame it wasn’t a wagon ;)
ps. I wish I was a young fella buying a Magna again. Parts of that time in life that are unique.
ha, yep was mostly made next to Flinders Uni in Adelaide..
The bulletproof Holden production line guys next door
whispering: 'bits are missing..' disparagingly..
different era..
can you see the cloud pic @seeds? I can't : /
That’s a great cloud pic. Enveloping.
Whaahaa you are a cheeky bugger.
I must be as mad as gsco.
Gotta say I’ve just had a few flashbacks of when I got my first car. It was an amazing time. Freedom from the parents. Independence.
Good stuff.
@AW , there is an old forest of trees that lines the shore here, first time I walked on it coming in from a surf I thought wow spongy reef not realising it was old trees .



Supafreak. Hi mate.
It’s very evident across the whole archipelago and other islands of the Barusan chain.
Clear evidence of rising sea levels, but also in many cases tectonic movement, raising and or lowering of strata.
Most of the islands are on their own geology but some are connected in a submarine capacity back to Sumatra.
Buttress root carcasses everywhere.
That boat looks like the one owned by the owners of where we are staying soon. AW
that's the Star Koat II @AW.
Basesix. Hi and thanks. It is the one owned by Kadu and Gaby who will be mine a Supafreaks hosts very soon.
Got your parcel Friday, big thank you, delicious goodies contained within. AW
pleasure mate, enjoy your autumn, hope the knee's going well..
we'll have to fire up the supawallace thread again in the indo lead up..
What’s my name ? Block of wax to the first correct answer.

Green Tree Snake! haha. Best i got @supa.
He's a little beauty. Amazing colours and shape.
Supafreak. Is the photo from Indonesia ? . AW
Yes , taken just now in my mates tent.
The snakes in Indo are just crazy looking ive seen the craziest most colourful looking snakes some with crazy patterns too, they just look so different to most of our Australian snakes.
Green Tree Python or Green Viper.AW
Close but no cigar.
Harry from Death in Paradise post transition?
Sumatra Pit Viper or Mentawai Pit Viper .AW
Asian vine snake
Rat snake
mancatcatman (mit pit vipers)
https://www.abc.net.au/asia/the-stange-catman-walking-across-australia/…
We have a winner , TS you can pick up your block of wax next time you visit NL or if you’re at katiet between 21 July to 4th August , thanks all for playing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonyosoma_oxycephalum this ones tail was more in the brown tone .
haha thanks SF.
I better call my travel agent.
Expensive block of wax. AW
Who is hungry for bush tucker ?
A handful of larvae/caterpillars belonging to a species of Cossid Moth.
‘Witchetty Grubs’
Found internally in the trunk in the dead wood of Acacia decurrens Black Wattle. AW
Yum, they taste nutty. My dad would pick up a trailer full of mallee roots for the fire and he would pick out the Witchetty grubs and eat them live, I preferred them roasted with a creamy garlic sauce.
Old-Dog. Hi mate. Hope you’re doing well.
Great weather and surf of late.
Agree, I’ve had them before with black fellas on the Atherton Tablelands.
Of course the true ‘Witchetty Grub’ aka Bardi Grub, same thing , is originally defined as being from the Witchetty Shrub Acacia kempeana.
Alas, there’s a heap of species of Cossid Moths and Witchetty is applied colloquially, as we seem to always do in Oz. AW
Felt alot of anger watching this , then a deep sadness at the basically uncaring nature of many people.
Here's one for AW...
As part of Hellyers Road Distillery's 21 Club, we get access to an exclusive 21Y+ release every 2 months for 3 years, labels adorned with some beautiful art from Inti Callaghan, "each has featured a Tasmanian endemic rainforest tree, species that are unique, beautiful and brought to life in the drawings of Inti Callaghan".
So, what are the Common and Botanical names of the 5 releases so far? One of which is featured in the Cradle Mountain visitor centre, no cheating!
Sprout. Hi mate. Hope ya well.
Number 1 is Nothofagus gunnii Myrtle Beech
( one of Australia’s only deciduous trees). Another fact, Fagus is the genus for Beech in Europe, ours is not a true Beech so the Latin name of the genus is Nothofagus basically means’ Not-a- Fagus’. (Not a true Fagus sp.)
Number 2 is Lomatia tasmanica Kings Lomatia (a classic ancient Proteaceous plant)
( another fact, there’s an ancient Lomatia in Tassie that’s aged around 40,000 years. Now thats enduring longevity.)
Number 3 is ?
Number 4 is Eucalyptus globulus ssp. globulus Tasmanian Blue Gum
(distinct from Eucalyptus globulus ssp. bicostata and Eucalyptus globulus ssp. pseudoglobulus)
Number 5 is Melaleuca ericifolia Swamp Paperbark
( More useless facts, two of the plants in this quiz are in the same plant family)
Sprout. Still working on three, it’s got me stumped, all the plants I know that fit that picture are not endemic to Tassie.
I’m no quitter, I’ll work it out. AW
..is number 6 'Savage River at night?'
Basesix. Hi mate.
Number 6 might be ‘Hells Gates’ the entrance to Macquarie Harbour , Tasmania AW.
Addendum. Number 2 is Phyllocladus aspleniifolius Celery Top Pine
(ancient conifer, not a true pine, just another Gymnosperm) AW
No. 3 Dodonea viscosa?
not Kalamata tapenade?
(hat's off @Sprout.. a worthy challenge for the great @AW,
engaging sunday night calm. Y'all good @goofy?)
All good b6. Hope you’re well mate.
Yeh, thanks @goof, winter has only just come here..
lit the fire, that'll stay on for a few months now, had a wander around looking at me woodpiles today..
but been feeling unfamiliarly energised this last week.. maybe I've been waiting for winter to arrive..
the winter flora and animal behaviour is coming on strong now, too.
The arrival of winter is my fave time of the year. My second fave time is the departure of winter. No pleasing me, i guess. We are just runnin into summer, now.
Winter ain’t all bad, I enjoy all the seasons. Winter can just drag on a bit too long sometimes.
On the flip side winter means Indonesia time.
got a trip @goofy?
(haha, I hear ya @wax,
it's like having houseguests.)
Incredible work AW and team, from drawings that could be a variety of offerings at various growth stages! I'm well impressed! This is what they're listed as.
Hahaha, not far off!
Sprout. Hi mate. Good fun quiz.
I was having a conundrum because the preamble said endemic to Tassie which means only found in Tassie. Rightfully so it should be Melaleuca pustulata not Melaleuca ericifolia because it’s found on the mainland. Same with Notelaea ligustrina my initial choice but I heeded caution because it’s not endemic it’s also found mostly on the mainland.
The whisky distillery mob need to better their research before calling a plant endemic. I was pulling my hair out for hours, I don’t have much to pull out. Alas, great fun, should do some more. AW
Goofyfoot. Hi pal.
Great to see you back we’ve surely missed you. AW
Gah, sorry AW, done in by their inaccuracy, you're too smart for my quiz! Always appreciate your added facts too, so interesting, you should write a book.