Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
Quad, big fins in the front or big fins at the back
goofyfoot
Monday, 22 May 2023 at 02:40 pm
new
Nothing special clam I just used all rear fins from two quad sets in the board as a bit of an experiment.
Island bays post above got me thinking.
And I loved it, felt very kinda lively and responsive.
Still plenty of drive and hold too.
It was my first surf on that board so I can’t compare it to a normal quad set up but I was impressed
After only one day of surfing it, yes.
Keen to get it in a variety of conditions though
Bnkref
Monday, 22 May 2023 at 05:51 pm
new
Where'd you surf it GF? Looked like it pumped all day.
I picked up an as new 7'0 DS second hand yesterday. And my mate bought that yellow 8'0 DS that was for sale at the Anglesea surf shop.
goofyfoot
Monday, 22 May 2023 at 06:19 pm
new
Winki this morning and then further down the coast later.
Good day of waves. You get in?
Good pick up on the 2nd hand
Bnkref
Tuesday, 23 May 2023 at 02:58 am
new
Nice one. No I missed it. I’m a weekend warrior at the moment.
udo
Sunday, 29 Oct 2023 at 06:49 pm
new
Clam
Monday, 30 Oct 2023 at 11:01 am
new
Finally kai Lenny can't contain his secret any longer, I truly believe he's onto something here, those windsurfers he's talking about, it's actually taken much longer than 10 years,
At least 15 yrs since I first saw those windsurfers with quad fins at Margaret River
udo
Monday, 30 Oct 2023 at 12:07 pm
new
quadzilla
Saturday, 23 Nov 2024 at 03:25 am
new
Another variation.
A twin fin with twinZer placement front plugs but bigger than canard type fins.
Nothing special clam I just used all rear fins from two quad sets in the board as a bit of an experiment.
Island bays post above got me thinking.
And I loved it, felt very kinda lively and responsive.
Still plenty of drive and hold too.
It was my first surf on that board so I can’t compare it to a normal quad set up but I was impressed
upload
Happy with the DS?
After only one day of surfing it, yes.
Keen to get it in a variety of conditions though
Where'd you surf it GF? Looked like it pumped all day.
I picked up an as new 7'0 DS second hand yesterday. And my mate bought that yellow 8'0 DS that was for sale at the Anglesea surf shop.
Winki this morning and then further down the coast later.
Good day of waves. You get in?
Good pick up on the 2nd hand
Nice one. No I missed it. I’m a weekend warrior at the moment.
Finally kai Lenny can't contain his secret any longer, I truly believe he's onto something here, those windsurfers he's talking about, it's actually taken much longer than 10 years,
At least 15 yrs since I first saw those windsurfers with quad fins at Margaret River
Another variation.
A twin fin with twinZer placement front plugs but bigger than canard type fins.
https://www.robertssurf.com/surfboards.html#/
click on Q an A this leads to another video about TwonZer fin set up!