Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
A copy of one of my favourite singles originally shaped by Jeremy Tonner.
Mike Psillakis went through every fine detail regarding the old one and the unique thing about this board is the wide-point quite far past the mid-point, super low rocker but that's what makes it glide and go so well while also being able to cheater five it so well. The tail comes in to a thin rounded pin making it really lose and maneouvarable.
Mike kept pretty much the same template but moved the wide-point back a touch closer to the mid-point which should make it easier to swing around while preserving that flatness and volume up front. It's got a single to slight V concave.
Can't wait to surf it!
lostdoggy
Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 03:36 pm
new
Beauty!
Looks like 2 1/2 though.
Craig
Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 03:38 pm
new
Oh yep, my error ha!
udo
Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 05:48 pm
new
Wtf are you waiting for...you have had 2 weeks
Wax it and ride it - its Cured !
Craig
Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 06:51 pm
new
Another BCC cut out :/
Fliplid
Saturday, 8 Oct 2022 at 04:36 pm
new
A mid length with a difference, wouldn't mind seeing footage of this board being ridden. Extra points to Mr Webber for acknowledging the influences as well
MR nailing it, still fit and passionate. So many shapers are wealths of knowledge and interesting to hear from in this form. Udo your board snippets on the instagram thread are epic. all forms shapes and sizes
GuySmiley
Thursday, 29 Dec 2022 at 10:04 am
new
udo wrote:
MR is great, the real deal, humble and a true gentleman. I’ve ridden his boards off and on for a couple of decades. His care and communication in getting a custom just right is first rate. When Mark had his own shop I even had the phone answered by his mum followed by hearing her yell out to the back of the shop “Mark, Mark, phone call about a board order”.
Just a guess but what MR was saying about his new mid length I’m wondering whether it’s a Flying Fish twin like his Super Twin was to his Spitfire model. His Flying Fish is a great board, it’s one of 3 MRs I have the others are the Puffer Fish and step up Bush Ranger, all keepers.
lostdoggy
Thursday, 29 Dec 2022 at 11:00 am
new
GuySmiley wrote:
Just a guess but what MR was saying about his new mid length I’m wondering whether it’s a Flying Fish twin like his Super Twin was to his Spitfire model. His Flying Fish is a great board, it’s one of 3 MRs I have the others are the Puffer Fish and step up Bush Ranger, all keepers.
I think in the first video he says he based it off the flying fish.
I guess calling it a midlength will increase sales at the moment.
brevil
Tuesday, 25 Jul 2023 at 04:50 am
new
recent purchase in LA for extended 5 months visit
Zamora 7'4" edge board .
GuySmiley
Tuesday, 21 Nov 2023 at 10:34 pm
new
Any update on riding big thrusters/step ups as twins?
Seem to recall more discussion on the topic than is covered above*, buggered if I can find it
* the take out being the bigger the board the more possible it becomes
GuySmiley
Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023 at 10:48 am
new
GuySmiley wrote:
Any update on riding big thrusters/step ups as twins?
Seem to recall more discussion on the topic than is covered above*, buggered if I can find it
* the take out being the bigger the board the more possible it becomes
Front page bump
Anyone?
tiger
Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023 at 11:42 am
new
You're pretty much on the money there Guy. From about 6'8" up the front fin position are much closer and there's more versatility. Basically the shorter the board the more accurate you have to be with fin location and there's a much smaller margin for error. In my findings 7' is around the sweet spot for fin adaptability.
Island Bay
Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023 at 11:47 am
new
GS, I have ridden my 8'6 Desert Storm with upright twins in smaller waves, and it went really well. You may have read about that in the DS thread.
Have Felt them up - Gd Value - Quality is Gd ...Glassing is Equal to What comes out of Goldy
Made in Indo /PSI Factory Java -Perko is Running the Show over There
Maybe this weekend ha.
Got round to taking a few nice snaps.
This is a 7'4" 21' 3/8" 2' 1/2" single fin.
A copy of one of my favourite singles originally shaped by Jeremy Tonner.
Mike Psillakis went through every fine detail regarding the old one and the unique thing about this board is the wide-point quite far past the mid-point, super low rocker but that's what makes it glide and go so well while also being able to cheater five it so well. The tail comes in to a thin rounded pin making it really lose and maneouvarable.
Mike kept pretty much the same template but moved the wide-point back a touch closer to the mid-point which should make it easier to swing around while preserving that flatness and volume up front. It's got a single to slight V concave.
Can't wait to surf it!
Beauty!
Looks like 2 1/2 though.
Oh yep, my error ha!
Wtf are you waiting for...you have had 2 weeks
Wax it and ride it - its Cured !
Another BCC cut out :/
A mid length with a difference, wouldn't mind seeing footage of this board being ridden. Extra points to Mr Webber for acknowledging the influences as well
I love this Pic ...Supa Keep an eye out for a cheap Set of Keels or similiar for yourself
Thanks for the reminder, Udo. Will run those twins again soon.
I think your the Man to run some S-Wings in an 8'6" DS.
MR nailing it, still fit and passionate. So many shapers are wealths of knowledge and interesting to hear from in this form. Udo your board snippets on the instagram thread are epic. all forms shapes and sizes
MR is great, the real deal, humble and a true gentleman. I’ve ridden his boards off and on for a couple of decades. His care and communication in getting a custom just right is first rate. When Mark had his own shop I even had the phone answered by his mum followed by hearing her yell out to the back of the shop “Mark, Mark, phone call about a board order”.
7'2"
Just a guess but what MR was saying about his new mid length I’m wondering whether it’s a Flying Fish twin like his Super Twin was to his Spitfire model. His Flying Fish is a great board, it’s one of 3 MRs I have the others are the Puffer Fish and step up Bush Ranger, all keepers.
I think in the first video he says he based it off the flying fish.
I guess calling it a midlength will increase sales at the moment.
recent purchase in LA for extended 5 months visit
Zamora 7'4" edge board .
Any update on riding big thrusters/step ups as twins?
Seem to recall more discussion on the topic than is covered above*, buggered if I can find it
* the take out being the bigger the board the more possible it becomes
Front page bump
Anyone?
You're pretty much on the money there Guy. From about 6'8" up the front fin position are much closer and there's more versatility. Basically the shorter the board the more accurate you have to be with fin location and there's a much smaller margin for error. In my findings 7' is around the sweet spot for fin adaptability.
GS, I have ridden my 8'6 Desert Storm with upright twins in smaller waves, and it went really well. You may have read about that in the DS thread.
Udo's great idea.
Thanks IB, I’ll check it out
Cheers tiger
So smooth is Mr Howard
Full Review of Wooly on this 6'7" should be Good
Any thoughts on these annesley and freeflight boards at sideways? Living in Brisbane now, can't paddle my old blades, and don't have much cash to spare for a midlength.
https://sideways.com.au/products/annesley-hp-mid-surfboard?variant=4273…
https://sideways.com.au/products/free-flight-twin-pin?variant=430141633…
Have Felt them up - Gd Value - Quality is Gd ...Glassing is Equal to What comes out of Goldy
Made in Indo /PSI Factory Java -Perko is Running the Show over There
Tgoose ... as New C.I. 7'0 M23
https://www.facebook.com/share/1P1fWDcSa5/