Cronulla Thong Thief

rosso started the topic in Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012 at 08:46 pm

I got out of the surf today at North Cronulla and some lowlife has stolen my thongs again. Thats the third pair in less then a year.

Second hand thongs have no resale value, and even the poorest person can afford to buy some themselves. So why steal them? I need them to avoid stepping on glass walking to a surf. It's pure bastardry!

In the unlikely event the thieves read this.... STOP STEALING MY BLOODY THONGS!

southey Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012 at 11:49 pm new

I had my thongs stolen off a Junk laden East Bali beach a few years back . The Balo , just walked up witn us watching from the Water , and he must of thought that it was incredibly lucky that both had been washed up together .....
The new discovery was the aptly named RED THONGS / No THONGS from that day forth . Not sure if it caught on though . May have suffered the same fate as my trusty Pluggers .

PS. i usually are not that " soft " , but the beach was literally littered with all sorts of Flotsam and Jetsom , and we had to wade though a few dodgy creeks to get to it ...

rosso Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012 at 08:14 pm new

I was once buying new thongs and another customer in the shop told me he surfed the point and was always getting his thongs nicked. He blamed school kids.

A surf shop owner down the coast told me his thongs stopped getting nicked when he switched to a lesser known brand of thongs.

I think I'll go to Best & Less or Lowes and get the uncoolest pair I can find. See if that helps.

mrsbradpitt Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012 at 10:12 pm new

serves you right for wearing womens underwear you sicko

victor Tuesday, 21 Feb 2012 at 06:51 pm new

tie them together with 6lb or less fishing line and watch from the water as the thief trips arse over head...

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login