New Sticker Day

blindboy started the topic in Friday, 30 Aug 2013 at 04:00 pm

Warning! Warning! Warning! Sunday is new sticker day for most councils. Your friendly local rangers are sure to be out there booking anyone with a 12-13 instead of a 13-14!

Craig Friday, 30 Aug 2013 at 04:40 pm new

How's this for a fail.

I ditched my old car earlier this year and cashed it in for scrap and bought a new second hander.

Before bidding it farewell I got a razor and took the parking sticker off the windscreen and applied it to my new one.

For about two months I parked in permit zones unaware (until a friend pointed out) that I had actually transferred the expired sticker form the year before instead of the current one! Luckily I missed getting fined.

I have to say though that it's a joke that you have to pay to park further north than Freshy as it's all more suburban and the beach should be free to access for everyone. Coming from SA I couldn't believe the places you have to pay to access/park, it's a joke!

blindboy Friday, 30 Aug 2013 at 05:13 pm new

Yeh it's a bit of a rip off but, being a ratepayer, the more they can gouge out of you, the cheaper it is for me!

thermalben Friday, 30 Aug 2013 at 05:57 pm new

My Warringah sticker makes surfing Manly a nightmare. Backstreet parks are very hard to find when it's four feet nor'east!

(which means parking's been relatively easy over the last three weeks).

Still, I get waaay more beaches for my sticker than you Craig (and any other Manly residents). That can't be a bad thing.

blindboy Friday, 30 Aug 2013 at 07:12 pm new

Coles car park Ben, it gives you two free hours if you can cope with the weirdness of getting changed in amongst the shoppers!

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login