More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Thanks maddog
Spewing.
Ohhhh myyy gawwwwwdddd.
How do you even survive that shit. Doesn’t being in a lip like that blow out your joints on detonation??
Not good, worst case scenario, well that or doing that sitting on your board still :o
sent a shiver up my spine- he's a sawtell boy????
Brings back memories that shot, i use to park my old Kombie camper van in the bush just to right out of the pic, down the old track and sleep down there, although id spend most days hanging out and surfing the much better point just north.
Beautiful photo today
cracker
and today. magic bowl & full commitment seeing how hollow that looks
How fun does that wave look!
hey GF, does that wave look familiar to you on the MP? Its looking like something local maybe.
Really? I was thinking it was the well-known wedge in SA.
Where's Curly?
Just south of the centre of the universe.
Dee Why would anyone do it to themselves ?
I would try to explain Blowin but nah, you wouldn't get it. I'll just say Dee Why Surfing Fraternity ....... and that last word actually means something!
I understand , BB. I’m just taking the piss. Even though I imagine the waves actually are 89 percent dogshit , I’m sure it’s a cool place to live.
The Point is still a great wave on its day Blowin.
Great angle,so much sand ....is that a recent shot?
Yep. Amazing amount of sand there at the moment, and the reports on the ground say the Rainbow/Greenmount section is A1.
Life is so cruel sometimes, Straddie, Burleigh, The Alley, Super Bank even D-Bah all right in a concrete jungle, imagine if they were down near crescent head or somewhere similar.
Yes i know some are better because of man, but still.
ID, the equivalents of those waves do exist away from the concrete jungle.
I know that but in Australia the closest we come is the Byron to Ballina stretch, BTW i forgot Kirra....
"ID, the equivalents of those waves do exist away from the concrete jungle."
Not really, unfortunately.
There's nothing remotely like the Superbank anywhere else in Aus.
Few novelty waves around that have their day once in a blue moon but nothing that matches it for perfection, hollowness and consistency.
Agree Freeride,
On any given swell the superbank is the most likely spot on the whole SEQLD/NNSW coast to have the biggest size, have a decent sandbank, and be the cleanest.
My guess is that the bay is just big enough to cause the swells to refract and align themselves, but not so big as to be in the swell shadow. (probably its NE orientation helps that). And somehow the banks are less susceptible to be totally destroyed by storms (aside from off the top at snapper).
And the Tweed Topography always bends the winds southerly in the mornings when the rest of the GC is already blowing from the ESE.
Its a magic set-up. not coincidence.
You forgot the guaranteed crowd on any given swell
The known knowns , the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns !!!
How could I forget! That would fall into the Known Knowns category.
Nazare?
I thought that was Beacon the other day
If someone doesn't at least acknowledge the grass/rush pun them I'm gonna swear off botanic wordplay for good.
Hahaha...no don't stop...I always look forward to the daily comment as much as the photo...
Pretty weak Stu - my "listicle" joke the other day was way better.
True. Wish I could put dick and ball jokes in the caption.
Why the hell not? Anyway, there was no mention of dicks...
The Catcher in the Rye?
Damn. Wish I thought of that.
The Box Seat?
Nice, but IMO those three parellel leaning trees are the more prominent feature.
true there is a symmetry to the image framed by the palms
awesome wotd- let's get out there!
When the music's over, turn off the lights ........
Geezus! How good does that shot look! You'd swear it was a point break.
Clean , clear water with the sun shining makes any surf that much better. Add a pretty reef and you’re already half way to heaven before you’ve caught a wave.
That was a really good pic for WOTD, really beautiful water
Nice..very lucky chap to still be with us and able to surf
Boots podcast on Hurly Burly.
Pulled into that section a few times Stu?
The same carpark angle as every other photo taken of the place but the majesty of it never gets old!
Amen to that.
The fun zone.
You could have at least posted a photo of Gary with that caption, Stu.
Or perhaps he’s already there, you just can’t see him xoxo