Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
Something for discussion. I'm thinking the most influential technological advance for modern surfing has nothing to do with boards, fin systems, wetsuits, etc. I was the invention of waterproof sunscreen. Imagine a fortnight in the Mentawai without it. Wonder what Kelly Slater would look like without it after his decades in the water. Cold water wetsuits come in second. Fin systems third (for travelling ease). Thoughts?
Something for discussion. I'm thinking the most influential technological advance for modern surfing has nothing to do with boards, fin systems, wetsuits, etc. I was the invention of waterproof sunscreen. Imagine a fortnight in the Mentawai without it. Wonder what Kelly Slater would look like without it after his decades in the water. Cold water wetsuits come in second. Fin systems third (for travelling ease). Thoughts?