Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
..Such a subjective area. We all have different images of surfing which are meaningful to us. ...Might be good to see what's about the most memorable moment pictured you might have ( there's plenty of those thats for sure ) filed back there in your memory and hopefully as hard copy. Here's my 2 : In 1968 I missed out on representing W.A. in the National Titles in Sydney. The few years prior was an interesting time in surfing. As far as I can recall I was still kind of hanging on to the dusk of the original long board era but something in my bones was telling me that there was something " afoot ".
I'll never forget watching the footage that was brought back to my then club in W.A. of the Long Reef heats.
It's a long time ago, but from memory , David " Baddy " Treloare , - my hero, and Wayne Lynch were timing it, running into the water grabbing the rails , and doing flip 360 re entries ( that's the best as I can describe it ) in the shore break while waiting for their heat. Remember - this is 1968. I could not believe what I was seeing. The following week I was in at Cordingley's surf shop ordering a board just like theirs. ..The rest is history - literally.
Baddy Treloare dragging his arse in one of his signature drop knee backhand turns. For me, this is the essence of cool.
[imghttps://i.imgur.com/kW56tTK.jpg[/img]
..Such a subjective area. We all have different images of surfing which are meaningful to us. ...Might be good to see what's about the most memorable moment pictured you might have ( there's plenty of those thats for sure ) filed back there in your memory and hopefully as hard copy. Here's my 2 : In 1968 I missed out on representing W.A. in the National Titles in Sydney. The few years prior was an interesting time in surfing. As far as I can recall I was still kind of hanging on to the dusk of the original long board era but something in my bones was telling me that there was something " afoot ".
I'll never forget watching the footage that was brought back to my then club in W.A. of the Long Reef heats.
It's a long time ago, but from memory , David " Baddy " Treloare , - my hero, and Wayne Lynch were timing it, running into the water grabbing the rails , and doing flip 360 re entries ( that's the best as I can describe it ) in the shore break while waiting for their heat. Remember - this is 1968. I could not believe what I was seeing. The following week I was in at Cordingley's surf shop ordering a board just like theirs. ..The rest is history - literally.
Baddy Treloare dragging his arse in one of his signature drop knee backhand turns. For me, this is the essence of cool.
[imghttps://i.imgur.com/kW56tTK.jpg[/img]