Ross River - Barmah Forest Virus
Was she from the southern states Udo?
I read somewhere that most people born or lived from a very early age north of the QLD border develop a natural immunity to it?
Are you talking about Barmah virus or Murray river encephalitis ?
Udo , I think it was Josh Palmateer ?!? In WA definitely remember someone over there being seriously crook .
my sister in perth just came down with ross-river fever. she works fifo in north west WA. she seems really sick. considering flying over to look after her.
how long does the initial phase last? any advice?
Varies I think can be weeks to months
Caml I think Ross R went thru the Elliston area about 10-15 years ago and nailed a few people.
Really udo ? I didn't know that , I have had chronic malaria so I hate mozzies and yeh
A friend contracted this [ ross river] a few years ago ,absolutely floored her.....still re occurs from time to time, nasty virus
anyone had/got it.