Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
Shortly I am going to start an extended period of travel ~1yr. I want to make Indonesia a large part of it with surfing the focus but squeezing in some diving and hiking. Looking to keep it budget mainly with 1 or two more expensive splurges.
I am an intermediate+ surfer who has surfed some deeper reef breaks in the Caribbean and have a fair amount of travel experience (mexico, puerto rico, barbados, portugal, spain, france). Still I haven't surfed any top to bottom reefs like those found in Indonesia.
The first leg of my trip would be April-June and I would likely be. I am debating between lombok, central sumbawa and Rote or Lampung and Java? Also would early season nias or mentawis be manageable if I was in sumatra? Keep in mind I'm planning on being back in the country in august-september.
Shortly I am going to start an extended period of travel ~1yr. I want to make Indonesia a large part of it with surfing the focus but squeezing in some diving and hiking. Looking to keep it budget mainly with 1 or two more expensive splurges.
I am an intermediate+ surfer who has surfed some deeper reef breaks in the Caribbean and have a fair amount of travel experience (mexico, puerto rico, barbados, portugal, spain, france). Still I haven't surfed any top to bottom reefs like those found in Indonesia.
The first leg of my trip would be April-June and I would likely be. I am debating between lombok, central sumbawa and Rote or Lampung and Java? Also would early season nias or mentawis be manageable if I was in sumatra? Keep in mind I'm planning on being back in the country in august-september.