Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
G'day, I'm looking at buying something so I can view the swell coming in to local beach 2kms away and then across a bay to the swells hitting headlands 20 and 30 kms away.
Unfortunately I can't see any of the surf beaches or reefs from my place, so I won't be able to check the shape of the waves, but I'm hoping I can see swell size and some indicators (swells hitting cliffs) and directions.
I think I need a spotting scope (and tripod), instead of binoculars, to view over the long distances... does anyone recommend a particular brand or model?
Will I be able to see anything useful 20 -30 kms away?
G'day, I'm looking at buying something so I can view the swell coming in to local beach 2kms away and then across a bay to the swells hitting headlands 20 and 30 kms away.
Unfortunately I can't see any of the surf beaches or reefs from my place, so I won't be able to check the shape of the waves, but I'm hoping I can see swell size and some indicators (swells hitting cliffs) and directions.
I think I need a spotting scope (and tripod), instead of binoculars, to view over the long distances... does anyone recommend a particular brand or model?
Will I be able to see anything useful 20 -30 kms away?
Cheers.