Perfect tool for all surfers/travelers

gab23surf started the topic in Thursday, 26 Sep 2019 at 03:32 pm

www.mywavefinder.com

Created this for all fellow travelers to help them find the perfect surfing destination for them. It is still in the early stages and a big work in progress but all comments are welcome

Enjoy

www.mywavefinder.com

GODS QUAD Wednesday, 2 Oct 2019 at 10:05 pm new

Hey mate, not a bad effort. I like the idea but needs some refinement. Have you created the algorithm? Or the website? Or both?

It took me 4-5 attempts to get a result through the search, even with very minimal choice inputs. The information on each location was a bit dry, too, if I'm honest.

From a design perspective, it needs a bit of work, also. Typography and branding specifically.

Are you considering developing this more? Or just mucking around with a prototype? Would be keen to help with branding/design if you want some input or collab... Let me know, as it would be a great passion project for me to be a part of.

Cheers.

zenagain Wednesday, 2 Oct 2019 at 11:56 pm new

Mate, i reckon it's cool and i reckon you're definitely on to something.

I plugged in some filters having a predetermined destination in mind and it nailed it. Well done and good luck for the future.

zenagain Thursday, 3 Oct 2019 at 12:00 am new

ps- as Bodhi above mentioned, it needs refinement and perhaps more detail, but as an early indicator of what may come, i think it's very well done.

Blowin Thursday, 3 Oct 2019 at 01:43 am new

.

carpetman Thursday, 3 Oct 2019 at 09:45 am new

The site lists the waves in the maldives as "empty" (:~(

Not entirely accurate with the information.

n!ck Friday, 4 Oct 2019 at 12:36 pm new

As a filter option, how about board type... shortboard, retro, longboard, sup, body board?

Spuddups Saturday, 5 Oct 2019 at 05:24 am new

Good site. I wonder how many people are gonna select "crowded" as an option.

frog Sunday, 6 Oct 2019 at 10:54 am new

"minor" concept problem:
- If the web site had thousands of users picking similar criteria it would direct them to a narrow range of spots and result in massive overcrowding.

If it became popular you might have some very unhappy customers and locals.

GuySmiley Sunday, 6 Oct 2019 at 01:57 pm new

Frog, sssssh, that’s why I like it,think about it

gab23surf Sunday, 6 Oct 2019 at 02:09 pm new

hi, thanks for the heads up. I think all the spots I put on the site are already known by most surfers. I try not to mention any secret spots or anything as well as the goal is to help people pick a country or destination and then they will have to do their own deeper research.

gab23surf Wednesday, 13 Nov 2019 at 03:23 am new

@Gods Squad yes I created the website and the search engine. It is still a work in progress as I do not have that much knowledge in web development but I love doing it and I hope people will love using it just as much! If you have ideas or things to improve, feel free to let me know! Cheers

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login