Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
Looking for SN assistance. Back in the early/mid 80's I lived behind Jim Pollards house in Caloundra. I used about hang out with 2 of his 3 kids. Mostly his middle daughter. I surfed with some of his "team riders" down at Happy Valley and Moffats but even as a street rat I wasnt allowed to (knowingly) travel far. I got back in touch with Jim around 2008/2009 but time challenged us both to varying degrees. I tried to find out how is 3 girls were without success but that time of my life holds very fond memories of a very little grom growing up.
What Im chasing, is one of his mid early 80's Island Call logo'd boards. It would be a treasure of mine to hold and keep to remind me of my early surfin childhood. Soooo many good memories. I still remember looking up into Jims house at night and he had this huge rhino chaser hanging on his wall. Shaped in his backyard at that stage only a few boards so I know my chances are small but I'd be ever grateful if anyone knew of one.
I do have a pic of one but not sure how to post it up...
Looking for SN assistance. Back in the early/mid 80's I lived behind Jim Pollards house in Caloundra. I used about hang out with 2 of his 3 kids. Mostly his middle daughter. I surfed with some of his "team riders" down at Happy Valley and Moffats but even as a street rat I wasnt allowed to (knowingly) travel far. I got back in touch with Jim around 2008/2009 but time challenged us both to varying degrees. I tried to find out how is 3 girls were without success but that time of my life holds very fond memories of a very little grom growing up.
What Im chasing, is one of his mid early 80's Island Call logo'd boards. It would be a treasure of mine to hold and keep to remind me of my early surfin childhood. Soooo many good memories. I still remember looking up into Jims house at night and he had this huge rhino chaser hanging on his wall. Shaped in his backyard at that stage only a few boards so I know my chances are small but I'd be ever grateful if anyone knew of one.
I do have a pic of one but not sure how to post it up...
Thanks in advance.