Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
I'm fortunate enough to have a month break in Europe. I have a non surf wife and new born whom will be looking to find a spot to "plop down" and enjoy. Essentially not looking for much travel but a surfable beach and also some culture over and above. I'm considering Biarritz, San Sebastian, Zaurutz, Hossegor. Are there other mid size towns I should truly consider. I know there are many but criteria would include : Easy to surf out front with NO CAR and really an old town style of Europe(cobble stones, good food, wine, local culture... the in laws and friends may come for a week or so ) I'm thinking Hossegor might get culled as not sure if the town carries enough weight for a month if there's no waves. Supertubos, Ericeira? It's been a while since I've been there.
Other option is 2 weeks and 2 weeks but with Covid I hear it's a bit of a s tory to cross borders.
Any input would be great.
Doublems111
Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 11:54 pm
new
Late July into Late August BTW
seaslug
Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 03:32 pm
new
Bang on Euro holiday season, better book now since its packed
Gday team.
I'm fortunate enough to have a month break in Europe. I have a non surf wife and new born whom will be looking to find a spot to "plop down" and enjoy. Essentially not looking for much travel but a surfable beach and also some culture over and above. I'm considering Biarritz, San Sebastian, Zaurutz, Hossegor. Are there other mid size towns I should truly consider. I know there are many but criteria would include : Easy to surf out front with NO CAR and really an old town style of Europe(cobble stones, good food, wine, local culture... the in laws and friends may come for a week or so ) I'm thinking Hossegor might get culled as not sure if the town carries enough weight for a month if there's no waves. Supertubos, Ericeira? It's been a while since I've been there.
Other option is 2 weeks and 2 weeks but with Covid I hear it's a bit of a s tory to cross borders.
Any input would be great.