Longboards on planes
Travelled with Singapore Airlines and Garuda Indonesia with a 9'2" longboard, no problems. Well the first time I came home with a little crack in the nose (despite pool noodle coverage) easy fix though, but subsequent times no worries.
A friend also travels with a longboard similar length with Virgin, no problem.
Hey FlashGordo what did you end up doing? I’m off in a few days and noticed Singapore Airlines have reduced board sizes to 200cm and I’m freaking out that they won’t take my board.
Join the conversation
Sign up for free
OR
Login
Heading on a long-haul trip and would love to take a log with me. Lots of airlines seeming to have very stringent limits - but people seem to travel with longboards and guns all the time.
Has anyone actually been turned away for a board that's too long? (rather than for having too many boards/bag too heavy etc.).
Any advice appreciated.