Spirit Of Akasha
Celebrating 40 years of Morning Of The Earth.
Review by The Australian newspaper.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/executive-living/spirit-of-akasha-captu…
Without meaning to be disrespectful as I like Andrew Kidman's movies, the whole things seems an exercise in nostalgia whilst pretending not to be an exercise in nostalgia.
Steph Gilmore on a single fin, Mick Fanning on a single fin, two high profile full time professionals who work in clothes advertising and couldn't be further from Brocky living in a treehouse or Baddy at the Point, and they're riding boards not of their era (and wouldn't be riding them if cameras weren't rolling).
Morning of the Earth is a great movie but do we have to keep carting its baggage through the ages?
No mention of Brocky or Baddy in the review. I wonder if they are even in the film? I dont get what mick fanning riding a single fin has to do with celebrating MOTE?
Has anyone seen this yet? What is the feedback? Is it as good as Morning Of The Earth?