Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
I havent surfed for about 3 months, so I went down to the North Beach(rocky sand break) in Perth with a foamie just to catch a few smaller inside ones so I can get back into it. Also as I havent been surfing much of late, I thought I would let everyone else fight over the main waves while I just go for the smaller left overs.
Later on some guy told me its not a beginners beach and I shouldn't go there. I watched the guys surf there, and there was nothing special about the abilities of those guys out there.
I have surfed Indonesia and I dont think there is anything special about North Beach, its not gnarly, its what I consider to be typical "Perth Kwality". I think its easier to catch waves at North Beach than Triggs (temperamental sand break).
Im very sorry, but I once had the flu in the Philippines, I couldn't hold my breath for more than a small while, yet one of the ex pro's at cloud 9 told me to just fucking paddle, and bobs your uncle, while being sick with the flu I still managed to surf decent cloud 9 waves.
My question is, should I have
a) asked him for his surf instructor credentials?, after all, if he is giving out advice, he must be an instructor or pro
b) should I have taken his advice and gone home too sulk?
c) told him to get over himself?
Is it right to think that even a beginner has a right to have a go?, or is it arbitrary that beginners dont have rights and should be kept down in their place? do these people some how have magical exclusive rights over the place?
I havent surfed for about 3 months, so I went down to the North Beach(rocky sand break) in Perth with a foamie just to catch a few smaller inside ones so I can get back into it. Also as I havent been surfing much of late, I thought I would let everyone else fight over the main waves while I just go for the smaller left overs.
Later on some guy told me its not a beginners beach and I shouldn't go there. I watched the guys surf there, and there was nothing special about the abilities of those guys out there.
I have surfed Indonesia and I dont think there is anything special about North Beach, its not gnarly, its what I consider to be typical "Perth Kwality". I think its easier to catch waves at North Beach than Triggs (temperamental sand break).
Im very sorry, but I once had the flu in the Philippines, I couldn't hold my breath for more than a small while, yet one of the ex pro's at cloud 9 told me to just fucking paddle, and bobs your uncle, while being sick with the flu I still managed to surf decent cloud 9 waves.
My question is, should I have
a) asked him for his surf instructor credentials?, after all, if he is giving out advice, he must be an instructor or pro
b) should I have taken his advice and gone home too sulk?
c) told him to get over himself?
Is it right to think that even a beginner has a right to have a go?, or is it arbitrary that beginners dont have rights and should be kept down in their place? do these people some how have magical exclusive rights over the place?