Get better surf forecasts and support an independent surf business. No ads. No corporate backing.
Swellnet is owned by surfers, not corporations. Subscribers keep our independent content, forecasts and surfcam network running - with no ads for anyone.
I can see Stu out on the Princes Highway with a sandwich board and megaphone hawking his Board Museum.
Free sausage sandwich with admission and wives are free.
See babe, told you these boards would be a great investment. Now, would you mind ducking down to Woolies and getting some more snags, we're running low.
Free wives you say ?
Now I'm interested.
Ummmm, only to borrow of course.
freeride76
Monday, 15 Feb 2016 at 06:42 pm
new
Thats how they roll down there.
wifeswapping keeps the flat spell blues at bay.
stunet
Monday, 15 Feb 2016 at 07:12 pm
new
Are you talking about the wives in my shed Blowin? It's like a little slice of South Australia out there: boards in one corner, wives the other, barrels in between.
blackapache
Wednesday, 17 Feb 2016 at 12:37 pm
new
stunet wrote:
lostdoggy wrote:
And assyms of all shapes and sizes, still haven't tried any, and I'm also still curious in the difference between how MC says he shapes them for lefts or rights yet most others shape them for goofy or natural stance.
My current asymm was shaped by Chris Garrett and his theory is wave direction - longer rail off the bottom, shorter rail off the top. I had mine shaped for a right point and so for a few weeks was reluctant to take it out in lefts. Once I did, however, I realised that theory didn't work for me, it's longer rail for toe side (to drive) and shorter rail for heel side (for pivot) irrespective of the wave direction. Fact is, the board goes just as good in lefts as it does in rights. I even surfed it at six foot Cloudbreak in July.
This is the theory I'm sticking with on my next asymm though I'm gonna get a thruster rather than quad.
The best assyms for really tapping into the idea are simple ones so you can feel whats going on. Something like a straight single fin - blunt nose round tail one side and rounded square the other - that really is a good jumping off point for assyms as a new explorer.
stunet
Wednesday, 17 Feb 2016 at 01:33 pm
new
blackapache wrote:
stunet wrote:
lostdoggy wrote:
And assyms of all shapes and sizes, still haven't tried any, and I'm also still curious in the difference between how MC says he shapes them for lefts or rights yet most others shape them for goofy or natural stance.
My current asymm was shaped by Chris Garrett and his theory is wave direction - longer rail off the bottom, shorter rail off the top. I had mine shaped for a right point and so for a few weeks was reluctant to take it out in lefts. Once I did, however, I realised that theory didn't work for me, it's longer rail for toe side (to drive) and shorter rail for heel side (for pivot) irrespective of the wave direction. Fact is, the board goes just as good in lefts as it does in rights. I even surfed it at six foot Cloudbreak in July.
This is the theory I'm sticking with on my next asymm though I'm gonna get a thruster rather than quad.
The best assyms for really tapping into the idea are simple ones so you can feel whats going on. Something like a straight single fin - blunt nose round tail one side and rounded square the other - that really is a good jumping off point for assyms as a new explorer.
Absolutely. Though my asymms - there are now two of those asymms with a third on the way - are a bit more complex than your single fin example, they're much more simple than the Carl Ekstrom/Ryan Burch-style boards with fin configs, rocker, planshape, and who-knows-what-else changing from one side to the other.
I feel like I know exactly why my asymmetricals boards ride the way they do. No surprises.
saltman
Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 11:05 am
new
Stu
do you have the heel side fins set slightly forward on your assym?
or is it just a shorter rail line heel side?
stunet
Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 11:14 am
new
saltman wrote:
Stu do you have the heel side fins set slightly forward on your assym? or is it just a shorter rail line heel side?
Yeah Saltman, the fins on the heelside are set about 1.5 inches forward. It's a quad and each cluster is set the same distance from the stringer.
It allows more pivot on heelside turns. The turns are much quicker and the board readily comes back underneath me after a big turn. It's a great feeling driving off the bottom (toe side) then snapping off the top (heel side).
zenagain
Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 11:12 am
new
groundswell wrote:
Zenagain, im sorry but ive just been visiting my mum and have decided to keep the banks 7'0, im sorry for any plans made, you can have the 6'8 though, anyway i think ill bring the 7'0 back west so sorry of a false promise.
Sorry for getting back so late to you GS, i was away at the time with my phone playing up. Just remembered it then.
No worries at all and thanks for the sentiment. Cheers.
wellymon
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 05:39 pm
new
Thought this might be a good thread, to find out a board that I'm thinking of getting.........
An 8ft loose/fast/lightweight mal, to ride greenmount on and get shit loads of waves, run people over and pretty much say, my wave hey, hey yow, hey, yeeewwwww. As I travel down the line on the inside hooting;)
Who makes them and where can I get one.
Cheers
PS Anyone?
Purplepills
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 05:55 pm
new
Wellymon check out Steve O'Donnell surfboards had just what your looking for pointy both ends and you can turn the things 'The SOD!' the ones I rode were @ 7'2
wellymon
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 06:49 pm
new
Purplepills wrote:
Wellymon check out Steve O'Donnell surfboards had just what your looking for pointy both ends and you can turn the things 'The SOD!' the ones I rode were @ 7'2
Cheers Pills, just talked to him, pretty cool cat, went thru a few dims etc.
Nice one;)
udo
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 07:50 pm
new
Welly have a yarn to Wayne Deane as well...not so much for a mal but a 7'6 plus with shortboard lines lots of paddle power and very manouverable.
wellymon
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 08:31 pm
new
.
Edit Udo
wellymon
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 08:30 pm
new
udo wrote:
Welly have a yarn to Wayne Deane as well...not so much for a mal but a 7'6 plus with shortboard lines lots of paddle power and very manoeverable.
Good stuff Udo, will check him out, just looked at his website;)
So over a short board out there at Greenie, just wanna catch some peelers....
AndyM
Wednesday, 23 Mar 2016 at 09:23 pm
new
Welly have a look at Gunther Rohn down at Ballina as well, he's well versed in shaping boards for bigger guys/boards with nice extra volume under the chest and forward of the middle.
Just got a 7'2" from him to supplement my 6'8" shortboard. Will let you know how it goes.
wingnut2443
Thursday, 24 Mar 2016 at 01:24 am
new
wellymon wrote:
Thought this might be a good thread, to find out a board that I'm thinking of getting.........
An 8ft loose/fast/lightweight mal, to ride greenmount on and get shit loads of waves, run people over and pretty much say, my wave hey, hey yow, hey, yeeewwwww. As I travel down the line on the inside hooting;)
Who makes them and where can I get one.
Cheers
PS Anyone?
Something like this Welly?
The flip side:
wellymon
Thursday, 24 Mar 2016 at 05:55 pm
new
Thanks heaps fellas;)
Yeah cool Andy, have ridden Rohan's brds before, living Ullas, I like.
Wingie what are those Dims! Who shaped it!
Cheers
wingnut2443
Thursday, 24 Mar 2016 at 07:27 pm
new
wellymon wrote:
Wingie what are those Dims! Who shaped it! Cheers
Is that sorta what ya want?
I "may" know where the exact file is stored ;)
That one is 7'2" x something x 2 and a bit ... Hahahaaa! Free test ride, no fuck ya, it'll cost ya a carton, which we gotta drink post surf... :)
Actually, why not head down this way? We can make a mess at Ben's while he's away, and piss off his neighbours. No one will know it was us.
wellymon
Thursday, 24 Mar 2016 at 09:04 pm
new
Classic Wingie, sounds good;)
60 coldies freestyle, no worries....Probably a few push ups and pull downs as well!
Haha thats funny as.
wingnut2443
Friday, 25 Mar 2016 at 09:02 am
new
Just checked the file welly, she's 7'2" x 20 5/8 x 2 5/8.
Volume is 39 litres.
COM is a an 1" behind centre. MAP is 1"front of the centre.
Wide point 4" in front of centre.
She has a subtle concave running into a vee double concave.
I'm kicking myself I didn't drop a single fin box into it ... will do on the next one though :)
udo
Friday, 25 Mar 2016 at 09:13 am
new
Single fin box ..still can add .... fire up the router.
wingnut2443
Friday, 25 Mar 2016 at 09:33 am
new
Funny you mention that udo ... nursing this back, I'm fixing a few boards, finishing a couple, and well, that thought has crossed my mind ;)
See how the back holds up while I potter around in the shed ... if time, weather and back permit, it may be done over this weekend.
saltman
Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 04:27 pm
new
stunet wrote:
saltman wrote:
Stu do you have the heel side fins set slightly forward on your assym? or is it just a shorter rail line heel side?
Yeah Saltman, the fins on the heelside are set about 1.5 inches forward. It's a quad and each cluster is set the same distance from the stringer.
With a thruster set up where do they place the centre fin?
3 1/4" from the long rail line so its in correct position in relation to toeside or the short rail line
or half way between the two?
my head hurts
It allows more pivot on heelside turns. The turns are much quicker and the board readily comes back underneath me after a big turn. It's a great feeling driving off the bottom (toe side) then snapping off the top (heel side).
udo
Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 04:50 pm
new
Ryan Burch explains his fin config on his site.
saltman
Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 06:42 pm
new
Yes but there aren't any examples of a thruster configuration in an assymetrical
I recal stu saying he was getting a tri tn assymetrical from Chris garret
stunet
Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 07:14 pm
new
saltman wrote:
Yes but there aren't any examples of a thruster configuration in an assymetrical I recal stu saying he was getting a tri tn assymetrical from Chris garret
Nah, went with quad Saltman 'cause my head was hurting thinking about a Thruster asymm set up. I was concerned about the difference distances from rail fins to rear fin, i.e how that might change the turning arcs.
As much as possible I'm applying the KISS formula with my asymms.
Purplepills
Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 08:51 pm
new
sliding fin box - like the lib tech ones that allow movement forward and back depending on surfing front or backside and length of rail - just a thought - now my head hurts - we will see 7 fin plugs soon for the indecisive among us.
saltman
Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 09:56 am
new
Stu any pics of the new assym
I am still in two minds about making my next board an assym if it needs to be a quad
just rejuvenating my quiver - after creasing two boards and off loading an under used gun in the space of a month
Have a stringerless twin keel side cut, a quad step up so far .
really have a space for a thruster between them
stunet
Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 10:55 am
new
I originally hesitated at getting a quad because I hadn't ridden them for a few years and my last experiences weren't that great. However, it made sense to try one again while ordering an asymm becuase I really wanted to simplify the concept and it's easier to do so with four fins rather than three. There hasn't been a single hang up with the quad, none of the 'trackiness' or resistance to vertical surfing that I remember. I think that has less to do with the asymm but is more due to general advancements in design. Either way, the quad works fine.
Anyway, here's the latest pic of it Saltman! Courtesy of a 'misadventure' on the weekend.
Here are the pics of it in one piece. Note it's only asymmetrical on the tail and the fins (dims are 18 1/2 x 5'9"/5'11")
Here is the original, it was 5'8"/5'10" and had a similar planshape and asymm concept to the board above (although this board has slightly thinner rails).
And here it is after a run in with the rocks at Sandon Point. Thirty dings in total:
I currently have a step up of the above board being made by Chris Garrett - it'll be 6'0"/6'2" with the same outline and asymm concept. And I've gotta drive up to Cronulla to get Stuart Paterson to copy the tail of the board I snapped on the weekend. The front end is a model of his (IQ+) that I love with the asymm tail, slightly altered from the Chris Garrett version.
When they're finished I'll figure out how to pay for it all.
wellymon
Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 07:38 pm
new
Looks really asymm NOW Stu.
"When they're finished I'll figure out how to pay for it all."
Really?, I gave Ben some money not long ago, to sponsor your boards you ride?????????
simba
Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 08:11 pm
new
Sad to see Stu but hey new boards to look forward to,fuck that bottom one was trashed same result as the top one i suppose .....
lostdoggy
Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 12:25 pm
new
stunet wrote:
Damn straight LD. If I had a spare thousand in the kicker I'd stump up for a Phil Myers Free Flight ten channel singley.
I know there is a number of 10 channels over in WA because Rique Smith, Col's son lives there and is a collector I'm pretty sure.
Not sure if this one has anything to do with him though.
Only know this through Phil's instagram.
stunet
Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 12:47 pm
new
Levi Jones, who you may know if you follow the Vintage Surfboard Collectors FB page, found a slightly beat up Col Smith 10 channel in a bin at Redhead, Col Smith's hometown.
I had reason to be up at Redhead the other week and almost sideswiped 20 parked cars while driving around with one eye on the bins by the kerb. Alas, I came home empty handed.
simba
Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 04:24 pm
new
What is it about channel bottoms, so good to look at......so tempted to lash out on a Phil Myers round channel bottom,had a couple years ago that went so good.....mmmmmm
udo
Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 08:40 pm
new
Compare surfboards.com - AB Channel bottom review.
simba
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 10:50 am
new
So has anyone got/tried a Gary Mcneil entity,sure ive seen talk on this somewhere in the forums but i cant find it.....Welly you had one i think?Love to hear some feed back.
prothero
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 12:05 pm
new
I have one and its a ripper......it does appear to be well made....I notice the carbon fibre is wrapped around the rails differently than the hypto k...more manoeuvrable than the hypto.....with Some boards you feel you can go anywhere on them , this is one of those
simba
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 12:42 pm
new
So what size board are you riding Prothero? all rounder?
BobC
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 02:02 pm
new
If your looking for a small wave board that will be a life long addiction try the Channel Islands Pod Mod. Ive had a lot of small wave boards but this thing is a dream and I ride it with 3 litres or so more foam than my standard board. I have never gone so fast on small waves, so that's my newby board test contribution lads.
prothero
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 02:17 pm
new
simba wrote:
So what size board are you riding Prothero? all rounder?
that ones a 5'8...( im 5'7)..low rocker , nice rails, hangs in tight and can be thrown around ( a bit more than what the hypto can..IMHO )
jesse
Sunday, 1 May 2016 at 08:04 pm
new
Have just spied a nice looking asymmetrical in a local boardshop, but a 3 fin set up (twin/quad kind of deal I guess) - anyone got any suggestions for fins on this type of beastie? Big thruster fin and small quads? Twin fin?
This thread had me thinking about one of these boards, and then this thing pops cheap - someone is trying to say something! (if the the kids weren't dragging me out the shop for ice cream and the wife in the shop next door, I may already have this in the water!)
jesse
Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 09:55 pm
new
Well I picked up a second hand asymmetrical today - another one off the list!
Rode it with the fins I could find laying around, and surprisingly it went ok - but going to sort out some fins and hopefully get it dialled in!
udo
Monday, 9 May 2016 at 06:50 am
new
Post some board pics Jesse.
jesse
Monday, 9 May 2016 at 08:43 am
new
mick63
Monday, 23 May 2016 at 05:24 pm
new
This is what I want to ride, welcome to the future!
"the game-changing Carbon Torsion Technology, the CTT.
This new technology incorporates torque being applied to the back third of tail of the surfboard, represents rotational Kinetic energy being applied , which then results in angular frequency and angular momentum, creating the Torsion Tail!
By contrast, the forward two-thirds of the board has a stiff/rigid modulus of rigidity,, with a memory being calculated in unit joule radians and or Newton Meters (N.m) on the lower end of the scale. "
udo
Sunday, 16 Sep 2018 at 06:49 am
new
Loving this blokes backyard experimenting
twinfreaker instagram
Free wives you say ?
Now I'm interested.
Ummmm, only to borrow of course.
Thats how they roll down there.
wifeswapping keeps the flat spell blues at bay.
Are you talking about the wives in my shed Blowin? It's like a little slice of South Australia out there: boards in one corner, wives the other, barrels in between.
The best assyms for really tapping into the idea are simple ones so you can feel whats going on. Something like a straight single fin - blunt nose round tail one side and rounded square the other - that really is a good jumping off point for assyms as a new explorer.
Absolutely. Though my asymms - there are now two of those asymms with a third on the way - are a bit more complex than your single fin example, they're much more simple than the Carl Ekstrom/Ryan Burch-style boards with fin configs, rocker, planshape, and who-knows-what-else changing from one side to the other.
I feel like I know exactly why my asymmetricals boards ride the way they do. No surprises.
Stu
do you have the heel side fins set slightly forward on your assym?
or is it just a shorter rail line heel side?
Yeah Saltman, the fins on the heelside are set about 1.5 inches forward. It's a quad and each cluster is set the same distance from the stringer.
It allows more pivot on heelside turns. The turns are much quicker and the board readily comes back underneath me after a big turn. It's a great feeling driving off the bottom (toe side) then snapping off the top (heel side).
Sorry for getting back so late to you GS, i was away at the time with my phone playing up. Just remembered it then.
No worries at all and thanks for the sentiment. Cheers.
Thought this might be a good thread, to find out a board that I'm thinking of getting.........
An 8ft loose/fast/lightweight mal, to ride greenmount on and get shit loads of waves, run people over and pretty much say, my wave hey, hey yow, hey, yeeewwwww. As I travel down the line on the inside hooting;)
Who makes them and where can I get one.
Cheers
PS Anyone?
Wellymon check out Steve O'Donnell surfboards had just what your looking for pointy both ends and you can turn the things 'The SOD!' the ones I rode were @ 7'2
Cheers Pills, just talked to him, pretty cool cat, went thru a few dims etc.
Nice one;)
Welly have a yarn to Wayne Deane as well...not so much for a mal but a 7'6 plus with shortboard lines lots of paddle power and very manouverable.
.
Edit Udo
Good stuff Udo, will check him out, just looked at his website;)
So over a short board out there at Greenie, just wanna catch some peelers....
Welly have a look at Gunther Rohn down at Ballina as well, he's well versed in shaping boards for bigger guys/boards with nice extra volume under the chest and forward of the middle.
Just got a 7'2" from him to supplement my 6'8" shortboard. Will let you know how it goes.
Something like this Welly?
The flip side:
Thanks heaps fellas;)
Yeah cool Andy, have ridden Rohan's brds before, living Ullas, I like.
Wingie what are those Dims! Who shaped it!
Cheers
Is that sorta what ya want?
I "may" know where the exact file is stored ;)
That one is 7'2" x something x 2 and a bit ... Hahahaaa! Free test ride, no fuck ya, it'll cost ya a carton, which we gotta drink post surf... :)
Actually, why not head down this way? We can make a mess at Ben's while he's away, and piss off his neighbours. No one will know it was us.
Classic Wingie, sounds good;)
60 coldies freestyle, no worries....Probably a few push ups and pull downs as well!
Haha thats funny as.
Just checked the file welly, she's 7'2" x 20 5/8 x 2 5/8.
Volume is 39 litres.
COM is a an 1" behind centre. MAP is 1"front of the centre.
Wide point 4" in front of centre.
She has a subtle concave running into a vee double concave.
I'm kicking myself I didn't drop a single fin box into it ... will do on the next one though :)
Single fin box ..still can add .... fire up the router.
Funny you mention that udo ... nursing this back, I'm fixing a few boards, finishing a couple, and well, that thought has crossed my mind ;)
See how the back holds up while I potter around in the shed ... if time, weather and back permit, it may be done over this weekend.
Ryan Burch explains his fin config on his site.
Yes but there aren't any examples of a thruster configuration in an assymetrical
I recal stu saying he was getting a tri tn assymetrical from Chris garret
Nah, went with quad Saltman 'cause my head was hurting thinking about a Thruster asymm set up. I was concerned about the difference distances from rail fins to rear fin, i.e how that might change the turning arcs.
As much as possible I'm applying the KISS formula with my asymms.
sliding fin box - like the lib tech ones that allow movement forward and back depending on surfing front or backside and length of rail - just a thought - now my head hurts - we will see 7 fin plugs soon for the indecisive among us.
Stu any pics of the new assym
I am still in two minds about making my next board an assym if it needs to be a quad
just rejuvenating my quiver - after creasing two boards and off loading an under used gun in the space of a month
Have a stringerless twin keel side cut, a quad step up so far .
really have a space for a thruster between them
I originally hesitated at getting a quad because I hadn't ridden them for a few years and my last experiences weren't that great. However, it made sense to try one again while ordering an asymm becuase I really wanted to simplify the concept and it's easier to do so with four fins rather than three. There hasn't been a single hang up with the quad, none of the 'trackiness' or resistance to vertical surfing that I remember. I think that has less to do with the asymm but is more due to general advancements in design. Either way, the quad works fine.
Anyway, here's the latest pic of it Saltman! Courtesy of a 'misadventure' on the weekend.
Here are the pics of it in one piece. Note it's only asymmetrical on the tail and the fins (dims are 18 1/2 x 5'9"/5'11")
Here is the original, it was 5'8"/5'10" and had a similar planshape and asymm concept to the board above (although this board has slightly thinner rails).
And here it is after a run in with the rocks at Sandon Point. Thirty dings in total:
I currently have a step up of the above board being made by Chris Garrett - it'll be 6'0"/6'2" with the same outline and asymm concept. And I've gotta drive up to Cronulla to get Stuart Paterson to copy the tail of the board I snapped on the weekend. The front end is a model of his (IQ+) that I love with the asymm tail, slightly altered from the Chris Garrett version.
When they're finished I'll figure out how to pay for it all.
Looks really asymm NOW Stu.
"When they're finished I'll figure out how to pay for it all."
Really?, I gave Ben some money not long ago, to sponsor your boards you ride?????????
Sad to see Stu but hey new boards to look forward to,fuck that bottom one was trashed same result as the top one i suppose .....
So far away from me, so far I just can't see, so far away from me, so far
:( :(
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/horrocks/surfing/free-flight/1107721772
Where the fuck is Horrocks?
Geraldton
Bollocks!
I know there is a number of 10 channels over in WA because Rique Smith, Col's son lives there and is a collector I'm pretty sure.
Not sure if this one has anything to do with him though.
Only know this through Phil's instagram.
Levi Jones, who you may know if you follow the Vintage Surfboard Collectors FB page, found a slightly beat up Col Smith 10 channel in a bin at Redhead, Col Smith's hometown.
I had reason to be up at Redhead the other week and almost sideswiped 20 parked cars while driving around with one eye on the bins by the kerb. Alas, I came home empty handed.
What is it about channel bottoms, so good to look at......so tempted to lash out on a Phil Myers round channel bottom,had a couple years ago that went so good.....mmmmmm
Compare surfboards.com - AB Channel bottom review.
So has anyone got/tried a Gary Mcneil entity,sure ive seen talk on this somewhere in the forums but i cant find it.....Welly you had one i think?Love to hear some feed back.
I have one and its a ripper......it does appear to be well made....I notice the carbon fibre is wrapped around the rails differently than the hypto k...more manoeuvrable than the hypto.....with Some boards you feel you can go anywhere on them , this is one of those
So what size board are you riding Prothero? all rounder?
If your looking for a small wave board that will be a life long addiction try the Channel Islands Pod Mod. Ive had a lot of small wave boards but this thing is a dream and I ride it with 3 litres or so more foam than my standard board. I have never gone so fast on small waves, so that's my newby board test contribution lads.
that ones a 5'8...( im 5'7)..low rocker , nice rails, hangs in tight and can be thrown around ( a bit more than what the hypto can..IMHO )
Have just spied a nice looking asymmetrical in a local boardshop, but a 3 fin set up (twin/quad kind of deal I guess) - anyone got any suggestions for fins on this type of beastie? Big thruster fin and small quads? Twin fin?
This thread had me thinking about one of these boards, and then this thing pops cheap - someone is trying to say something! (if the the kids weren't dragging me out the shop for ice cream and the wife in the shop next door, I may already have this in the water!)
Well I picked up a second hand asymmetrical today - another one off the list!
Rode it with the fins I could find laying around, and surprisingly it went ok - but going to sort out some fins and hopefully get it dialled in!
Post some board pics Jesse.
This is what I want to ride, welcome to the future!
"the game-changing Carbon Torsion Technology, the CTT.
This new technology incorporates torque being applied to the back third of tail of the surfboard, represents rotational Kinetic energy being applied , which then results in angular frequency and angular momentum, creating the Torsion Tail!
By contrast, the forward two-thirds of the board has a stiff/rigid modulus of rigidity,, with a memory being calculated in unit joule radians and or Newton Meters (N.m) on the lower end of the scale. "
Loving this blokes backyard experimenting
twinfreaker instagram