More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Thanx a bunch, Blackers. They'll do just fine. 5 hours to go and about 4 hours worth of work. Just the pace, i think.
;)
Good straight up Call with Aussie Class Act .... Blackers...
Back it up with another best ever Alt Oz Minstrel that deserves more cred...
Never heard anything more perfect than everyone's fav Oz Singer Songwriter Performer!
Salute Dom Mariani ...a hard working Live Performer delivering memorable gigs!
Gave it a run this morning as well as the new Sleaford Mods track. Neither grabbing me by the kahunis straight away
Disgusting Miley
Bilious. I heard this one in the Osteo just before getting my neck cracked.
I hope David Byrne is as disgusted as his fans must be.
Here's something that makes a bit more sense.
No road trip complete without a few spins of “Stop Making Sense”. Flogged on my first teenage trip from the GS to the NW. Epic.
They just opened Rage tonight with this
Radio Birdman doing the rounds in Aus soon.
https://www.oztix.com.au/search?q=Radio%20Birdman%20-%20Birdman%20Five-0
sorry, for the milyenth time on swellnet, the adelaide awakening:
(is it just me, or is there touch of c simmers genetics in r younger?)
(legends, both, like ratbag baby sloths you wanna wrestle)
Yes, get on board, they playing here on my birthday too! Unfortunately, when I mentioned it to my dear wife she said she had something else booked so it will have to be next time. May be running out of chances....
I meant to acknowledge this TBB, totally concur.
Grinners for me are one of those bands i didnt like at the time but mates did but were still fun live, but now i dont mind some of their stuff and will throw songs in Spotify mixes.
So coming from that perspective id say that sounds decent and loyal to their sound but at the same nothing special.
Great band live. Might check em out again. Couple of moments in this new one I got Shihad vibes
So good!!
Got tickets for both of these bands this year... Showing my age but frothing on both. Crawl from my early days, one of thefirst bands I saw live at about 13, think Radiators first ever, and gurus from my teens ...
What a great era in Australia....
Seeds. I like this version of Jefferson Airplanes - White Rabbit.
It reminds me of being on mushies and going to the ‘other’ side stepping into that world and then returning to the real world. I think it’s defined well in this clip. Enjoy AW
The doorman says!
There’s plenty offered in the forums to ‘feed your head.’
ps. I find white rabbits are tastier than the more gamey others.
peter was off the hook, new order or joy division set better? couldn't say
(bless you @seeds!)
Any good on the chew, basesix?
Geez, bizarre clips both of them . Mind altered by something?
I liked the tonal build up in the Joy Division one, could be viewed as depressing, he was wasn’t he ? AW
Doh!
yeh, ian curtis (joy division) topped himself, a nick drake type, revered ridiculously now, but I don't reckon there'd be nick cave without him. peter hook (bass player) is perky and happy and rocking his old man band with some young-uns and really having a ball.
Basesix. Hope you’re well and poking around Melbourne town was enjoyable. I feel terrible now, how sad.
I kind of remember that now about the lead singer , didn’t know his name. I can’t imagine what some individuals endure.
Glad us clowns talk to each other, bit of a daily stance at the metaphorical ‘clock on for work’ machine, keeps us relevant.AW
Read the Ian Curtis biography, Touching from a distance, written by his wife. Fantastic insight to a clever but troubled soul.
Nice, seeds. Like.
I'll have a go at it, cheers, maybe in the midwinter.. he'd be one of the mark e smith types that came away from the buzzcock's lesser free trade hall pistols gig in manchester, thinking 'shit, I could do it better than that!'
coupla moody monday classics, two strong hearts, reaching out forever like the river to the sea.
@Blackers… great live if you get the chance
On Netflix
Great doco
https://images.app.goo.gl/T8nsW5LbB6HXYkk66
Mid to late 60's San Francisco would have been epic...
Great tune White Rabbit...
Great doco along with 'Long Strange Trip ' on Prime.
The Dead never big in oz but I've gone down the rabbit hole.... Great band..
Wall of sound...
So good! Big fan
I’ve never met a dead head in OZ.
Blackers. Evening. I hope you are well and have enjoyed today’s beautiful weather.
Thanks for that referral , I’ll check it out. All the best.AW
Via Swellnet ya have now... :)
Beauty of the dead is that there is just so many recordings of their live shows from their early days up until the 90's.
You might like this also if haven't heard/seen
Aren’t these Tiny Desk’s fantastic?!!!
Yep, so good....
I dropped acid at the only Dead show i went to. Looong time ago. Wound up in an ambulance to an ER that night. (knee) Never tried acid again. Still love The Dead. You run into those guys around here in the Bay Area. Still.
Hi Wax.
They really are quite a phenomenal band.
Never really knew much about them in Oz, never really heard of or played on radio here.
Started to listen to them about 6 years ago, don't even really know how, just YouTube I guess.
Opened up a huge rabbit hole that I'm still going down from the early albums, live stuff all the way through. Robert Hunter must be one of the best lyricists ever, really has an incredible way with words backed up by incredible musicians.
What an era and they all seem/ seemed like really nice humans.
Jerry Garcia spoke so well and really seemed to be such a genuine guy, so sad his early demise.
Anyway Dead an co are played at the dome in Vegas ATM. Incredible they movement is still going with old and new fans getting on the bus.
What a long strange trip ey. :)
It's going nuts again. I'm out.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Grateful Dead Sundown Ranch Shoot Out
Mountains of the Moon debuts in 2025
Did a Promo @ Grateful Dead Sphere Gig
tbb had an eerie feeling that WSL would exploit Live wave Sound in their Surf Studio.
Tipped an Abu Dhabi Fluro Steph Show >> Rob Machado in Fluro Skeleton Suit @ Ranch!
https://www.surfer.com/trending-news/rob-machado-surfs-las-vegas-sphere…
Here's one they knocked up earlier!
Rolling Stone Gallery of Fire on the Mountain
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-pictures/grateful-dead-fire-on…
https://whalebonemag.com/grateful-shred-machado-benchetler/
@TBB... listened to Dom Mariani, and liked it a good bit. Liked The Audreys more, but thanx for the direction!