More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
speaking of rails -- how short is that board? i'd imagine he could do with a bit more rail in a wave like that, right? and how the hell did he get into that wave on such a little board?
Tow in I'd imagine.
My first thought too it's an esky lid for a wave like that
Unreal shot today.
How's the look on the grom ' s face - The revelation !
It's like Stoke squared.
Not to mention the skills , little bastard .....keep off my lawn grommet.
Jokes, happy days for the young bloke. Fancy getting eyes wide open pits at 11 years old.
I'm calling shot of the year for expressed joy quotient.
And isn't that what the whole deal is about ?
Traditional lay backs I can understand.
This I do not understand .
Not the why , but the how.
How's the core strength going Asher ? Not too bad ?
Incredible.
Nice, was naming the location really necessary.
Nothing wrong with naming this one - given its location. And which one there do you reckon it is ...
Sometimes its nice to have the photos hold a bit of mystery.
No idea I haven't been there and don't need to know either. Would like to get there one day for sure. Have been up in the region there a couple of times but haven't mad it here yet.
Do you mean by "given its location" as been difficult to access and fickle that crowding won't become an issue. Cause there are many examples nowdays where a surf location in Indonesia could be described as just that -and are now very crowded when the swell hits.
To be fair cd a number of surf charters market and sell this wave to make $$$ as do surf travel companies who make 15% from ever bum they put on a boat or camp.
But Swellnet could have said "Another empty treasure peels of down the line in a machine gun like fashion as the sound of birds whistle from the jungle" :D
For reference the Banyaks consist of 71 islands over 319 square km (thanks, Wikipedia). There's no identifying features in the photo. For anyone who hasn't heard of the Banyaks as a surf destination before, I don't think it'd be any great surprise that the islands host one righthander that throws out a barrel.
And ID, that caption is a little long for our system.... :)
today;s wave goofy!
WOD, today, no toes, there, I've said it.
Nup...there I've said it.
And no, I ain't gonna say it.
Hedgey riding an old Bushman dragged out from under the house...yew
congrats to all, what a shot!!!
That shot of Burleigh tugs at my heart strings makes me miss that places so bad, such a fun set up, so many good memories.
A couple of months ago I came in from a dawnie at this spot to find a young kid fishing with his dad in a shallow gutter at the very bottom left of today's WOTD photo .
He had no idea what he was doing and he got quite excited , though not nearly excited enough , when he reeled in the largest flathead I've seen ever .
Larger than even the largest flathead I've ever seen a photo of.
The thing was like a fucking shovelnose shark.
I would have lost my mind catching that fish , but this gormless little fuck didn't realise what he'd accomplished.
He's peaked way too early if he intends to keep fishing for flatties .
Hats off to today's WOTD gents. Did Ben make it? That next section of reef look mighty shallow.
Bloody rude head but it's a great shot!
Agreed derra, looking shallow down there. Looks like down at racetracks maybe
bensinsight insta
Yep, he makes it. And yep, it's down Racetrack.
And yep, Udo beat me...
You can whack Ben Kiggins in the 'surf-photographers-that-go-alright' basket:
He does go alright Stu! Although I do prefer my surfing surf photographers a bit blonder ;-)
A selfie while riding a barrell . Hope it satified his needs !
Ouch! Clam comes in with a zinger!
Hah! Toss-up in the forehead stakes in that fish pic!
I've seen a few similar looking guys on the dancefloors in Kuta.
You guys having a fare go at good old Benny there I just wonder if you people
have the gonads or ability to surf the way he does. I seriously doubt it.
I've got a ripper picture of me and a 15kg snapper. And my nose is bigger.
make a drop and strike a pose pffffft nothing on you benny personally dont know ya but photos lie
but fishing no picture it is a lie period
Is there a better feeling than leaning off the bottom casually of a perfect wave...
Great capture.
No lumps, no chop, no paddlers - just a moment of anticipation and focus.
Great shot, caused me to pause too.
Channeling that inner Kong or Maurice Cole.
But if you're gonna channel MC you can't do it wearing black:
That is one cool photo , Sharkman.
The cooler thing is that he more than likely made that board.
I surfed with today's WOTD star a few days ago.
Proper gentleman in the surf. Nice fella. Rips.
If everyone acted like him in the line up the world would be a happy place.
Unreal photo.
I'd love to watch him surf in the flesh. A mate of mine was sitting in a boat during the Muzza Swell watching everyone charge the Ments. He said watching Craig take that wave on a ub 6 foot board was the craziest thing he has ever seen in surfing.
Maggot in his usual slot...
Nice photo, Ben. They were towing I assume?
Yep, bloke in the pic did a step-off. There were two skis with surfers, and two paddlers, the latter of whom went in shortly after I arrived (was only there for a short time anyway). Saw one bloke try to punch out from the corner, and he suffered a worse fate then me on Saturday - ended up down past the Surf Club without ever getting through the whitewater. Haven't see a sweep as brutal as that before.
Photographer Ben Kiggins and an interloper at Shark Island:
If that is as uncomplicated as it appears ie a blatant , unprovoked drop in , then you'd have to think there'd be consequences for the bastard doing the burning.
Too much at stake on a wave like that. You could be killed if it went wrong.
Reading the post and comments, they're mates. Ben said he's not gonna try it again, got nailed haha.
They're keen.
Yew! I'm amped and ready to take the body-whomp up a notch!
Which state is todays wotd? South oz or south coast of east/west coast?
It's a big ocean out there, those who know, know :) Don't want to give too much away.
Although its certain that water is wet !