More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Well done Stu. Good to see you deleted mine as well, considering I had quoted the offending post.
Cheers mate, keep up the good work.
No problems.
Uge is reporting on his website that red Bull are supporting the event to run again next year.....
www.aquabumps.com
He also has a link to the day of 11th July which wasn't big enough to run...nice photos
Never been to either Brad but watching it on TV there are huge crowds at both events? No restrictions on Photogs either as far as I'm aware. (how do they police that with all the crowds around??
Hey Darryl, like I said not sure about Snapper, just remember a big fuss over restricted access and photog's. No doubt a thread on here somewhere that covers it. Anyone, Freeride??
As for Bells, they definitely fence it off and charge admission. Hence my reply to your comment, it is closed to the public in the sense that you have to pay (to ASP not NPWS) to get in. Any other time you can just rock up.
WRT to the fiasco of the other day. I am assuming you're not fussed over access to the spot to go surfing? Just restricted access to public space? If so you and your mob should be emailing, phoning etc. the NPWS, and others in the guv, Rob Stokes would be a good start. Someone had to have signed off on it.
No worries, good to hear mitchvg, keep it going. Aim for progression, but never at the expense of perfect form. The better the form, better protection and the harder you work, more you adapt structurally... in balance too.
hey ACB.....yeah pretty hard to back up after chopes,being one of the best comps of all time and then a week later a hyped up comp at cape S......but I think that it was a good show ,but Chopes has us all still frothing on the super human efforts we saw during the event.....
I know a lot of people don't like the Bra boys and their behavior ,but they are a product of their environment and upbringing...and I think they have done some amazing personal stuff ....like talking about Depression and the possibilities on suicide...I don't think they are trying to reach you and me...but people in their own socio-economic group,and provide hope thru fellowship and friendships.....
hey I don't agree about a lot of things some of them personally do,but I am so blessed not to have been brought up in their environment....
one of the things that has stood out to me is the lack of racism ,and inclusiveness of all cultures and races....hmmm...
"A lot of people don't like Koby Abberton"
Yes it seems that way. My son was at Supersucks in Sumbawa in June and he wasn't top of the pops there apparently.
And how many of the unknown douchebags that your son (and you) no doubt come across regularly in the water prompt you to post about them? The guy certainly doesn't deserve a sainthood but I've come across a lot worse. I'm with Brutus on this one.
Hoping that Irons ,Obrien etc are still in Sydney area for this large swell that's brewing and we get to see Ours or some east coast bombies charged.
Christ J.O.B. twitter says he's home in Hawaii already !
Laurie Towner hopped on a flight to Tahiti for a gig in Point Break 2 as a surfing stunt double.
Mark Matthews tearing Coastalwatch a new one in todays post
https://instagram.com/p/sdRnZVksYg/
I'd be pissed if I was CW.
Udo Dorian is still here but todays swell is pretty windy
https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/13437/sean-doherty-on-closing-the-g…
Good article from Sean.
Red Bulls Mr. Dietrich Mateschitz and his 7 star Laucala Island Resort (Fiji).
Mind boggling stuff, was reading a Qantas magazine on the plane the other day about Laucala Island Resort (Fiji).
If you have a tiny wee bit of spare pocket money saved in your piggy bank, you can have an over night stay there for $42,000............! I nearly choked on my Qantas muffin reading that.
Mickfree thanks for the invite, but I would probably arse up and tumble down in a big heap of mess;)
Does no-one see the irony in koby trying to promote suicide and depression awareness yet he continually denigerates and bullies people based on the choice of craft they ride?? if he was truly serious about it wouldn't he want to be a open and compassionate person? or is it just for a bit of good publicity?
what about if a young lid paddled out and tried to surf 'ours'? would they have a threat of physical violence or be abused mercifully? what if this was the straw that broke the camels back and they ended up taking their own life because they were chonically depressed?
And how many of the unknown douchebags that your son (and you) no doubt come across regularly in the water prompt you to post about them?
Yeah I suppose I always hope that the hero's who many young people look up to are as great person wise as they are with there natural talent. Alas the opposite is generally true. I remember reading Keith Richards book and his hero was Chuckles Berry and when he finally got to play with him he turned out to be real arsehole. Kobi is definitely a talented and fearless surfer but obviously has a stack of personal and financial issues.
Good article from Sean.[/quote]
Second that. He nails all the issues and comes to the only logical conclusion. In some ways maybe the Cape Fear style of commando contest is the way of the future. Short sharp all for the telly and out of there. Low impact and if done properly could be the way to go. Brutus is right about Chopes that was nuts anything else was going to be a major let down and it followed on from epic JBay. Both extremely hard acts to follow.
No disrespect to Sean but he has a clear conflict of interest which should have been disclosed: he was a paid commentator at the event and no doubt would not want to prejudice future work prospects. A direct beneficiary of the event is hardly capable of making an impartial judgement.
Sadly you're right about childhood (adulthood) hero's, they might be good at what you admire them for but rarely turn out to be nice people if you meet them. The price of fame? There are of course exceptions, met TC once and he was nice as, note that this was on dry land!! Never had the 'pleasure' of surfing with him.
Tip from a mate of mine, if you admire someone never read their (auto)biography!
Koby is a fuckwit whatever way you look at it.
Ive had a worse childhood and teenage upbringing than that,family fighting untill 4 am daily, living in cars and bringing no food to school (had to buy food for others to collect tips to buy my own food) yet i never went around punching people in the face.Never tried to rip anyone off.
Never believed in gangs.
Never told a local to go in at a break he has been surfing all his life while im taking off on the shoulder, then when he says no punch him in the head while holding him underwater.
Like the Brazier boys.
Never went to maroubra to claim any good reefbreaks as mine.
Never punched a kid in the head cos i dint like the look of hes poofter dog!
You cant say shit about racism, prejudice or any of that sort of thing if you go around punching people in the head for what they ride, what dog they have what colour wetty whatever. its just retarded.
Dont believe all that crap that was in the movie, they just wanted to get famous.
They had more than they ever needed on offer around them but they made the wrong decisions deliberately.
The Inertia has some from the air pics of surfing Cape Solander , first ive ever seen.
Pretty aggressive for a mental health and pro life advocate... #JustSayin..
You cant say shit about racism, prejudice or any of that sort of thing if you go around punching people in the head for what they ride, what dog they have what colour wetty whatever. its just retarded.
Sounds like first hand experience. They have tried stand over tactics in the Mentawais according to the owner of the island where I stayed and were given the send in as they were outnumbered. Never liked a bully.
I would actually like to see world class(or even just really competent) boogers taking on Cape Solander. I reckon it would make for some great viewing to see what those guys could do with such a mutant backwashy rock shelf. Pity.
As for the bullies. well .I'm in my fifties and in my experience guys who behave like that sooner or later end up fucking with the wrong guy.
Psychopath beats sociopath every time.
.