More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Lucky I had a girls. Boy would have been named Strummer. :)
Thank goodness for that. Especially boys, imagine being a man and having to introduce yourself and shake hands with some of these names today.
it's a balance, hey. Imagine being a baby named Gordon or Neville and having to squeeze people's fingers.
Thanks heaps everyone. I'm in ulu for 9 days, lembongan for 3 days, and then canggu for 2 days. Going to have mopeds for everywhere but canggu, which looks a bit too hectic. My mate I'm going with has been to indo a bunch and has family over there, so that should help out a bit.
Bringing a 5'10 JS Xero, and 6'0 Sharpeye Inferno 72, and I'm thinking of buying a bigger board maybe in that 6'6 range over there. We're staying in a nice joint at 'the uluwatu estate' 5 minute walk from the cave, then going hostels in lembongan and canggu to save some coin.
Hopefully the first of many more Indo trips over my life time! I'd love to head across the archipelago solo on a bike at some point. This dude's journey doing that looks insane - https://www.youtube.com/@scenicroutetv/videos
I had a house in Redcliffe a couple of decades ago.
For some reason it had a name badge on it Gwenville.
One arvo of beer intake a mate and I changed it to Neville.
It took the missus a few months to notice.
Funnily enough Neville was a useless turd that the missus’ mother had a brief rebound fling with and hilarious laughter ensued when the missus saw it.
Have a great time mate.
Be careful on the bike. I should have taken my own advice when I was younger but don’t ride around maggoted. It’s not worth being another statistic.
You’ll have a great time. Good stuff!
Always wear a helmet!
@moonah , the 6’6 is a good idea , yesterday some young blokes on their 5’10 25 litre boards complaining that they were struggling to catch waves and it was only 4-5 ft , 1.5 times overhead. Nothing wrong with extra foam & length, if you’re not catching waves you ain’t surfing . If you have facebook there are plenty of boards on marketplace. Grab a bargain from someone that’s leaving .
Not me supafreak, swellsam is the one thinking of a 6’6”.
But yes I agree with you. Sam you’ll probably find you’ll surf the 6’6” most often.
Thanks for correction moonah , brains not fully functioning yet , need a coffee.
It’s on when it’s on .
cant stop fukin the place ........was paradise ....once
Paved paradise and put up a parking lot....... I mean Beach Club
Never seen somewhere self destruct so quickly.
Still magic here, despite the development.
Solo session yesterday morning on the Keogh with a pod of dolphins. Pumping this morning and getting bigger.
Happy days
Not so fortunate here IB , AW & I got skunked this morning, hit it at first light and it looked like an epic session about to happen with a couple of good sets , then the swell was just too much south and bypassed us .Decided to come in and wait for this arvo and sitting here now it’s starting to pump hahahaha . Could be ok this arvo on incoming tide . Glad you’re scoring . Keep up the posts please.
Where did you surf ib? Feel good to get in some warm water?
Solo for almost an hour this morning, then 5 others.
Just got in from another surf, maybe 25 across the whole Impossibles stretch. Had to work it, but sat outside and got 5 solid ones.
The big swell is keeping things a bit quiet, I reckon.
Will check Ulus tomorrow
Sounds good. Thanks for reply
Police shut down all the businesses on the beach and cliff at Bingin this morning. They were serious!
Horrible news. :(
So sad
Apparently there are plans in place to get rid of all that and build a massive “white lotus” style resort there and privatise the beach.
Whether that’s accurate or not I’m not sure.
Jeez I hope not.
It’s Indonesia - anything could happen
Because? As in why did they shut everything down? Is it because of the supposed white lotus style resort? And how far towards Impossibles did the shutdown go?
5 out of 568 dead after nth sulawesi ferry fire
All structures built illegally without permits apparently
The whole lot below the cliff edge
https://www.facebook.com/reel/2974873266040950/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw…
https://stabmag.com/news/official-all-businesses-on-bingin-cliff-set-to…
You can just picture Paul Hogan standing there going:
"You call that a sledgehammer - this is a fucking sledgehammer"
Bingin update:
People are carrying microwaves, lamps, furniture etc up the hill, while demolition continues on the bottom warungs.
Looks like tourists are still in accommodation, but everything has been cordoned off.
Surf is quiet, but did have my first taste of surfing with Russians; can’t recommend.
What’s Russian etiquette like IB?
That's funny
Hah!
Hard to put into words, but maybe a geeky kind of macho?
The vodka bottles on the beach in the morning should be a bit of a give away.
Where’d you surf today Ib?
What board?
Impossibles this morning. Very inco, but the three biggest sets I’ve seen this swell.
Ulus later.
Both on the Keogh
How good does the Hazquad feel on a big green wall!
It’s been dreamy. Super relaxed mostly, but exhilarating when on bombs.
Just been enjoying boardies, clean walls, size, and no crowd stress.
if anyone is around Bingin, could you get a good, focused, squared up shot of one of those red notice of demolition eviction Satpol PP notices off of a shop front? I want a t-shirt, I'll send the photographer one for their trouble..
Will do tomorrow, basesix
mate, that would be amazing, thank you.
Was a good place to have a beer and a feed at those establishments

fer sure, @seeds, lotsa memories for us all while complaining about progress.. seems progress is about to go turbo. If you can get something approaching this @IB.. this is what team b6 could manage, from that angled, top-corner missing shot that @udo posted from instathingo.. really didn't turn out too bad considering the source, some fuzzing, colour and form warping around the place, but perfection could be achieved with a solid source shot! cheers, again, @IB.

(I'll chuck in a McCabe hoodie if you get Didis actual notice : )
Use to love stopping for beer and sunset at Dreamland after surfing Ulu's on way home.
Seems Bingin is going the same way.
Feel for locals. Same at serangan, locals lose their livelihoods.
Sad...
havent been in about 10 years, best memories were having sunset beers at uncle slams bar at kuta beach, every time I went always seemed to be the same people there supporting the same locals was always one of the highlights of my trip. now I heard you have to buy a chair to even sit at the beach now... crazy
Bingin was already on the Crossfit/vegan cafe/co working space when I was there in 2022 but that sucks that everything is getting destroyed.
I don't think I'm ever going back. That whole island is a corrupt, floating landfill. The locals are awesome as well so I really feel for them.