More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Nah, but my wife loves it and has been asking me to get up to speed.
It's a few years old now but if you haven't seen it I strongly recommend True Detective. It's only 1 season too so its not a life long commitment. Best one I've seen in years.
The Handmaid's Tale.
Brutal!
Chixdiggit!
The Handmaid's tale: an anaolgy to life under Trump, or is that an overreach?
Methinks more the latter, but jeezarz...if it isn't a fantastic premise. Know it was written thirty-odd years ago, but scenes such as the US refugees escaping to Canada are sweet inversion of reality.
Horace & Pete.
Love the way it was filmed, the dialogue, ideas etc...but couldn't get past episode six.
Netflix is starting to seem a bit limited.
Where's True Detectives to be found ?
Solar movies has it, that's where I'd stream it. The first season is epic. I haven't seen nor heard good tales about the second season however as it has a different cast.
https://solarmoviez.to/search/true+detective.html
Season two is on Netflix
Not a fictional series, but a ten part doco series, Abandoned is worth a watch. Skater Rick McCrank visits the places capitalism forgot, old nuclear reactors, abandoned fishing towns, rundown factories, meets with the people who still live there, gives a short history - never heavy handed - and skates the forgotten terrain.
Clues to the understated but impeccable cinematography are given in the credits ("executive producer Spike Jonze") and the music is spot on. Made by Vice, available on SBS On Demand.
Right, finished Godless not that long ago.
What's next ?
if your after another western "hatfield and mccoys" on Netflix..not as good as GodLess..but wortha watch
Halfway through the second season of Making a Murderer. Absolutely incredible.... worth the price of the Netflix subscription alone.
Is there a new season?
Yep, was released Friday night.
The entire case is mind blowing. I'm up to Episode 8.. can't wait to see how it finishes (trying hard not to Google where things are at real time, though having seen snippets of news over the last few years, I have a vague idea).
Cool..yeah the last one was good.
Rightio , gents .
What have you got to recommend on Netflix now ?
Appreciating the tips so far. Had a few epic binge sessions.
For something a bit more out of this world I can recommend Lost in Space, and Star Trek Discovery.
For something down to Earth try Ozark and Animal Kingdom.
Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey is pretty damn awesome.
Stranger Things is slow to start but keeps on giving.
Sense 8 is really good in a weird kind of way - Created by the Wachowski sisters who both used to be the brothers who created The Matrix movies.
Just finished Season 6 of House of Cards - Got to the end of Episode 8 not realising that it was the last episode. The whole season 6 was a bit of let down really.
Never fear, I'm onto Peaky Blinders which is excellent.
What's next? Open to suggestions.
I have just finished binge-ing on Peaky Blinders. The Peaky 'fuckin' Blinders! Great series so far.
Also just watched Narcos Mexico.
Love a bit of doco mixed in with a bit of narration, mixed in with some historical context. Does anyone else think Mexcian women are like walking chilli's? I thought I liked blondes, but......
Snowfall.
Atlanta.
Mr Mercedes.
Cheers Facto, those should keep me going.
Facto, just found out that none of those 3 are available on aussie Netflix.
Check out The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Brilliant