More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
p.s- don't think he was to go on to be the next president elect, but he sure had the HQ to run a very corrupt society.
Huh really . Occy said u only need a 6"8 as well didn't he ? Like I said they were at the end of the wave
Maybe its got something to do with them being paid to surf. You take a good wave and you're depriving them of potential income. Especially when there's cameras about. The money shot.
liam mcnamara at desert pt. i wasn't the only one who copped it!
Sick stories re g land caml, that contest makes one of the all time surf vids I reckon, mostly the waves, but married to a sick soundtrack. Mate still has it on vhs.
One of the G-land comp videos...Joel Fitzgerald gets the wave of the whole she-bang in the end credits. Stark raving mental. And he wasn't in the comp!
Same comp/video, Chris Gallagher got an a-grade mental one too?
Whaddya reckon, Camel? Ring any bells?
95 G Land Pro.
Yeah they weren't mellow in the surf its all good just tryna chat on yeah the 97" was the best swell big all thru it . That year was epic best being egan & machado semi . Proper speedies big
Gally did get em ! I had malaria off on but still got a couple waves too .
Yes he was extreme he was good at tuberiding
97 G Land Pro , one of my favourite ever flicks.
Though I probably watched the 95 more times.
Great soundtracks both
Shatner'sBassoon said: 'One of the G-land comp videos...Joel Fitzgerald gets the wave of the whole she-bang in the end credits. Stark raving mental. And he wasn't in the comp!'
For fuck's sake!!! Where will it end!!! Look shatting... are you stark raving mental!!!...??? Any more of this bullshatting, and you, well no... in fact this whole stinking thread will be banned!!! Its been made crystal clear to you by senior swillnutters and swillnutdrones... yes, we have it on good authority, with photographic evidence to boot, that joel fitz is nothing but a useless kook, and not very good at all. Among other things... lets not beat around the bush, a 'prick' I believe was the carefully chosen term used...
Enough with the bull... shatting!!!
When i was a younger grommet around 16 i scored a really good grower that started off about 5 or 6 feet but around 8ft on the end at shark island and A local pro known as Nugget was eyeing off the end bowl. I tried to ignore him and carved a highline down into the bowl at mid peak which is when Nugget dropped in at Surge (the heavy end bowl.) I thought i would run into him so straightened out and pulled in under a thick lip which just missed my head. (mid peak)
I was then a bit too deep but kept hanging on amongst the foamball which was trying to buck me off like a bull. i eventually lost all strength and let go but realized later i probably could have made it behind Nugget.
Some of my the older locals i really respected saw that wave so gave me some credit at and let me get some more good ones. But looking back that lip could have paralyzed me if i slipped half a second on the bottom turn. Became friends with Nugget after that wave too. No abuse thrown around it was all fun and games like usual at the island.
This isnt a drop in but this psycho mate of mine took me down to north point for a big swell last year where in the carpark i was speaking to Yadin Nickol. Just as that was happening my old mate bumped his 4wd into one of yadins friends cars. Yadin was shocked and i asked him for a pen to write a note but my mate drove off without leaving a note or anything (asshole) now i feel worried if ever i bump into Yadin again he will point me out as one of the guys who hit his mates car and drove off.
That asshole mate ticks every box of a true sociopath so ive lost touch with him.
Must of been a bomb if nugget dropped in.Was that nugget on a lid or a stand up
On a lid, at that age it was probably the biggest barrel i had ridden so far. Unfortunately i didnt make it.
G Land is a higher state of mind, I've lived in G Land my whole life and it's nice to know you swellnet types know the feeling.
Drop ins are no problem either, when Gary G drops in - you know there's gonna be a party.
never stopped to wonder, carlesbergh kegs on tap, pour your own, no limits
The nulla..getting off the train trying to make it to south as a 13 yr old..
..comment deleted
Are u sure that your mate didnt just take off inside a g.land legend ? & then claim drop in like a rookie claimant would ? I mean he only surfs small waves being an old timer .
comment deleted
Cafe ? Never heard of it
Yeah i guess there was. I had no part of it though just telling a hunch. If he did drop in on others and especially bodyboarders it could have been anyone. But if i was in my mates shoes i would have got over it pretty quick. Drop ins at g-land are pretty common.
The cafe was one he was telling us about on the bus back to bali, nachos i think and stuff like that, part owned by himself.
Sorry to strike a nerve there Caml.
No nerves , its just appropriate to balance the topic a bit
I shouldnt be still drinking beer.
Just remember , a drop in is just made up in your mind , some old legendary surfys might not see it as a drop in & so these kids inside him mean nothing & cos when your old things are different . if he wanted a wave he could take whatever
A generous type of man that bangers
it was his quiver of rusty's that really impressed me, and I sure took a liking to that G-land incense wafting on a morning trade breeze. thanks- thought there might be more too it!
didn't mind watching you grind the place down to nuthin-
Wasnt a good idea talking crap about someone
my apologies
Occy France 1992 a beautiful 4-5ft right bomb coming my way Occy half way out screaming at me
using my name and all yelling go go go. (If I wasn't) Anyway flying down the line on probably the best
wave I got in France and he just drops in and completely smokes me. And he calls me weird!!!
Yeh right Occ.
Lol go occ...
Deleted the regretful posts, but Goofy still has one in his quote.
Sorry again. My brother went off at me for writing that crap too. Not cool.
Anyway im glad BB was kind to you.
Was camping up near Todos Santos near a trailer park full of yanks...one of the yanks kind of takes us under his wing introduces us around to his mates etc hooks us up with a few things to do while we waited for the swell (wink wink)...anyway we go out on the piss the night before the swell hits and he just sits there like a stunned mullet everytime its his shout...seemed a bit odd as he'd been coming on heavy with these are my new aussie mates act all day...anyway swell arrives and its all good beautiful waves and this yank pick paddles out and just fresh airs us and goes the inside...no worries obviously he's been here a while etc....not content with that after about an hour of snaking he decides its quicker to just burn us everytime we take off....after getting faded on a 12 footer I had a gutful and called him every name under the sun...he kinda got all sulky after that and wouldn't come near us...prick
You just dont know who's reading this GS , and bali is close to oz too . most people love the guy we talked about . & there's a big difference between certain things that smugglers would & wouldn't do . Some might have morals even about what they sell
This website has been contacted about removal of the offending words so they will be removed asap
Straight from the Obama administration.
I missed the above comments, but saying that this whole thread has been, structured around offending words, directed at the people who have dropped in!
Ol Taco was talking about snakes/snak'in, then the title of the thread was changed pretty quick, as I guess was from admin?
Carry on;)
I'd like to apologise for my indiscretion here. After chatting to my brother about this incident, he informed me that he did not drop in on Mr. Riddell.
He ran him over.
Again, I am deeply sorry for casting aspersions.
Though, I think he may have done it deliberately? Kook was always getting in the way. Apparently.
Actually, I'd like to apologise to John Riddell for referring to him as a 'kook'.
I have been further informed that he is, in fact, a snake.
Sorry, comrade.
Sorry, sorry, I have to say that John Riddell is a good egg...and this is NOT in reference to the shape and general appearance of his skull in any way.
S-B
Gold;)
Bloody good topic. Camel you could write a book if you were ever had the inclination thanks for your input champ.
As for my own famous drop ins have none to share but the most famous I have witnessed didn't come from a pro surfer rather on the news a few times when a former PM who occasionally paddled out for an image enhancing surf and proceeded to try and take out others in the lineup with reckless abandon.
Didn't happen to me but here's our ex-PM showing his form...
Can't see a lot of " dropping " in , going on that image . Perhaps a "surge in " should be used instead .
Most loggers in that location just go straight anyway . Doesn't stop him looking like a knob though , atleast he's covered it up . She could of wore less .... !
Who wears a steamer at Noosa in March? Stoney ripping and taking no prisoners.
And also a ripped/torn steamer, someone sponsor Tony! Ha.
I'll take a ripped steamer than 'Abbott happens' in his budgie smugglers any day. Isn't the water 26 degrees up there ATM.
It's got me stumped the water is 26 degrees at the moment and the number of people I see in spring suits and even full steamers on the Goldy is ridiculous!!
Fluffing around on mals on those dribblers while the coast had decent waves elsewhere is the real crime. Does it qualify as a drop in when there is no prospect of a bottom turn ?