More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Finally.
If you were wearing a black turtle neck with a Beatles hair cut whilst drinking it, you would have to go and live in Melbourne. You would have to join a group to go surfing as it is not environmentally friendly to own your own car and cheaper to suck up to others and bludge off them.
amen
The Redneck has spoken
Geeeez, some forum topics have a shelf life that will outlive religion!
Localism (greed) is as old as time. In my surfing life I can't think of one mate / individual that hasn't tried to snare a few above their quota, even when on boat trips with a few so-called "mates" in the line-up …. you know who you are shit heads. Geeez, sometimes "mates" are the worst that is why I prefer to surf by myself or with a few strangers.
If you want the world to change first change yourself.
It doesn't bother me as there are places I choose not to go like the Christmas function of the local Hells Angels chapter, same with the surf.
To me surfing is not about the out hassle and I'm just not interested in chest banging to snake a few extra waves in my life.
Besides, except for isolated desert waves is it really localism or just plan overcrowding?
That's all you've ever had.
OC ,
Fatal mistake Son ........ NEVER say where your from .........
only where your Going .
Let people guess your path , and if you must ... collect stickers from other regions car yards or steal ( acquire ) an interstate number plate . Be openly vague and say eastside or use some far off Koori peoples' placename .....
key point is don't give up the game before it starts ... your opening verse kinda left you completely open ...
NOT unlike dropping the soap ( so to speak ) ...
now back to the Slaughter .... the colosseum awaits .
A great variety of human beings on here Old Mate, which could make a pretty hilarious skit thats
for sure :)
Welly from over there, somewhere near.
TGF how was your journey to Kazakhstan, would of been an awesome eye opener for real
Did you see the bear and his funny mate..? Hope you didn't bump into his No1 sister!
A great variety of Homo sapiens, Wellymon, and one or two pre-modern types. Possibly Neanderthal. Definitely not human.
Well said. I think that overcrowding is a problem far outweighing localism, However - there does seem to be a horrendous mix of the two at some places
Where is the "Like" button?
Its on Facebook, now get the fcuk back there
So much anger! Now, lets not get our nickers in a twist sister
Rule 6, swellnet code of conduct; No personal attacks against other users. Make your point without making things personal or insulting other people, even people who don't visit this website (see Point 1).
That probably won't get you any more respect ....... ????
I'm going for the guiness world record for most bra's undone with one hand in one minute. It currently stands at 56 which is a big task but I have been training hard every day doing finger weights and lifting the bong cos u have to do something when ur unemployed. So hopefully soon u will see me standing next to Grant denyer with a medal round me neck and a new world record very soon.
Well your whole attitude is insulting to other people, so you better ban yourself. No one has attacked you yet and it can't be personal if you have given no personal information, keep trying your funny dweeb.
the worst localism usually comes from your own surfing area.one day your learning in the shorey at YCW beach.a year later your shoulder hopping some of the better breaks around ,happy to get anything[including abuse]that comes your way.as you progress up the pecking order you devise a system of catching your share without being an arsehole.let's face if you don't get competitive your going to be on the shoulder for the rest of your life.when Right point is 6 ft. and 20 odd people out there's no rotation.it still can be good natured but at the end of the day you've got to get some waves. so here you are coming from interstate and you paddle into this and think jeez these guys think they own the joint.
Shaun I think he was referring to the notorious "jellyfish brain" incident and to be fair OC has a point there, that sort of personal attack is just not on. From what I hear Zenagain has been in tears ever since and Morris is making his own inquiries to the internet police. OC can I ask if you are a masochist?
Well said toneranger
Yeah I don't know about Morris - I get a real double crossing vibe off him, or maybe an overt jockism - sado-jockism if you will, Kinda like sergeant Dokes off Dexter….
You ask if i'm a Masochist…hmmmmn, I'm not sure but I think I've just had to assume the role of the bad guy in this battle, or more been treated like a cheetah getting his kill stolen from a pack of greedy lions…
I don't really know anymore, what was the topic again???
That's almost a real sentence Shuan, keep trying!
I wasn't crying silicun, I just got something caught in my eye.
You have no credibility left OC. By your own admission in your fist two posts you dog people in the surf, pressuring guys on the shoulder and dropping in. Then you insist that you have never dropped in or snaked anybody in the surf. That was the first contradiction and the second when posters disagree with you and you start throwing around your weak insults......a page later you pull out rule 6 ??? What do you think caused the altercation in the water when you dropped in on the guy you were talking about? Maybe, just maybe its your stupid attitude that you need to compete for your quota of waves, maybe your the problem that perpetuates localism. You can compete in competitions, next time you go for a surf relax and enjoy it. Enjoy being out in a beautiful setting, enjoy the stoke of a good wave, enjoy the company of others out in the water. Its not about getting quota's, getting the most likes, trying to fit in. Suck it up kid and do little self reflection otherwise you'll continue to be treated like the dog that you have described yourself.
Sit, Stay.
Good boy!!! :-)
Id say the important part and big difference of that is a slow paddle into the shoulder looking at the deeper guy, without fucking up the section snowballing or dropping in if he is really in. Even if looks not make able it might be, thats why he is going for it.
is different to frantic threat paddle to dog him out of it or end up dropping in without even knowing he is there or pinching it.
In good waves if a guy looks like he's not making it its ok to get ready to takeoff wider but not if you ruin any section,never look back at him or snowball or pinch the section down. Two completely different moves..One is a kook move the other is not.
One of the longest barrels i had someone almost dropped in, understandably as i got stuck in the lip on takeoff and was pretty deep, then bogged the drop with no speed. Hawaiians tryed dropping in down the line but i ended up flying through it highline with ridiculous speed and making through his snowball. for another 80+ meters of barrel. The Hawaiian after that said he owed me the next set.
I thought i fluked it and said nah i just got one, after saying that trying to be humble, all the aussies, hawaiians and everyone just became cunts dropping in on eachother etc.
If i had of been macho aggro about it i wonder if things would be different.
It seems like with some surfers you have to be tough, being kind can be seen as weakness.
Didnt bother me too much anyway they all disappeared when the tide went lower, perfect for people who can surf.
Local imo means knowing the reef, where each angled direction and size will break. nothing to do with greed. Also nothing to do with living nearby if you dont know the wave.
imo Tpai is our best local here and never acts like that kind of a cunt.
...
...
...
...
I like eating Nashi
Hahahahahahaha, oh fuck, tell me that is not a real person, please!!!
Nicely done.
...
nebasha your a genius ... please don't tell me you outed a Friend ????
Nah, Southey, my friends don't sit on the shoulder of a wave.
didn't think so .... I could use your "skill" from time to time though .
, maybe if MitchVG was good enough to get out the " whiteout " then it could stay our little Joke ....
Its funny , Goofy outed me , by saying hello on Facebook ....
I presume you looked for comments on the SN page that echoed " fumblings " ....
oc which break are you going to tomorrow, centerside or fairhaven, I'll be looking out for you dudes.
there should be a new forum topic for you guys titled Dribble
sorry Shaun but if your expecting a reply from OC you should refer to him in the same manner as his boyfriends, I think its macdaddy ;)
Yes, I know of him. I have read his blog, very deep stuff.
Isn't this the reason why we all surf in the first place? Even the notorious angry local doesn't go out just to yell insults at tourists - he's just frustrated because a classic spot has become crowded. In my initial story I described, the whole point - (which many seemed to miss) - was the fact that I had realised that I had become to behave in a way that was dictated by being previously surrounded by the same behaviour. A social conditioning if you will. The self-reflection has already been done.!The fact of the matter is that I didn't drop-in or snowball, yes I paddled hard and maybe intimidated a little - unconsciously. The whole point I was making was in the realisation of this. You can't judge somebody and make gross misconceptions based on a rather anonymous one-off post in a forum....
In the second account I told of how I was blatantly snaked, then proceeded to be told I was in the wrong - I felt as though I was being subjected to territorial-localism. So, If I was in the wrong in this instance - I would just admit it and say sorry, but instead of being drilled unfairly I held my ground and made it clear that I wasn't going to be harrassed and treated unfairly...he got it and we proceeded to then surf the same break peacefully for the next two hours....
I agree with you there OC and feel some of us did bully you a bit, easy to become either an uptight local or an uptight blow in.
I think most of us just hate the most when you are in the spot, know the wave and surfed a spot for many years some kid or blow in doesnt look back at you in the bowl, and seems to be taking off no matter what.
Especially early 20''s kids or late teens or groms.
It can shit you as the reason they dont know you can make it is as they dont know the wave. This happens to me at aussie pipe and island sometimes from guys who have been surfing there for less than one year.
Too many heroes going for backflip, hit the lip or shitty unco moves and outrunning the barrel but get all greedy,
Can piss a guy off who surfs it at night by himself for hours, spent many years getting to know it and put up with as a grom SURFING SCRAPS all those years, then a grom comes along trying to get aggressive. BECAUSE HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO EARN RESPECT OR GIVE RESPECT.
oh he's got a sponsor now, he can by pass all the learning and critical stages of the wave and get any wave he wants for some photos and a mag. Pffft.
Yeah Aussie Pipe, I surfed there recently and was happy to lay back and grab the smaller ones - actually got more waves that way, rather than pushing in for the set waves - the take off zone was so congested on the take off, but really only a handful of guys were judging them properly. I snapped a fin so went in and one of the local dudes offered to lend me his board, 20 mins later same guy was back in the line-up yelling at cunts- saying he was gonna key their cars n' shit!!! Went form nice guy to psychopath just like that!
You da man MACDADDY you da awesome bro.
OC I feel your pain, surfers like you and me we know the deal, I too get sick of these wankers who wait there turn and don't fight for a right to their slice, bad luck if when I look like I am going to drop in they just give up and get back in line, with blokes like that , that can't handle the pressure surfers like us can apply , we don't even have to get in line and nobody ever drops in on me , cause well... I'm always the furthermost out on the shoulder. Don't listen to your mate he's not had core like you and me, some might call him a hater, disregard anyone on this forum that is older and with more experience. What the fuck would they know except how to hate
You come down and surf with me oc and show me some of that don't fuck up pressure, You'll be a breath of fresh air.
This is the code i live by most of the time at spots i dont surf often-
1- find an empty or uncrowded bank or reef nobody/not many have noticed
2-Too many out for incoming wave/crowd ratio- look else where
3- Respect locals. Even if your deep tell them "im waiting my turn" but not like your piss weak.
4-dont snowball or annoy other surfers paddling in front of them etc.
5-dont paddle for too many waves.
6- dont talk too much. lots of Aussies are friendly lots are angry too. Angry locals will get the shits quickly with tourists/blow ins talking too much.
7-if told to go one go it unless its a shit one.
8-cop it on the chin if told you're a kook blow in whatever. If you can, prove them wrong.
Ok,
I'll cop this on the chin, I did the wrong thing and i'm sorry if i've offended anyone on this forum. I realise that I still have much to learn. I respect that you guys have a deep and intimate knowledge and respect for the ocean. I am only human and will only continue to be, but I can strive to become a better one at that.
OC you dont need my respect as I dont consider myself above anybody but I do appreciate your attitude and words in this post, learning is life long for those with a little humility and something to treasure.
...