More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Aussie Pic ...... Seppo Painter
Inspiration
GuySmiley. Hi mate, utterly beautiful work. The depictions are like they were painted yesterday.AW
Agreed AW, such a talent, sadly died young in a car accident
I second AW , thanks Smiley .
What a lovely video to watch , with beautiful paintings accompanied by lovely music .
Most Australians know the Boyd Boys ( not so much the architect ) well and their Style is familiar .
This female Boyd was very different 2 the boys and the same as the boys ( not sex related , sort of , I think , if u get what I mean ), art wise .
Watching these pieces go by , I saw glimpse of a Streeton , a hint of another famous Albert , but a FNP , a gentle Fox and a flash of Ollie yellow all with some Boyds .
Then some Classic Boyds .
Gosh , what a Creative Australian family .
They all did Australian Light , so well .
I can pop off , now .
PopDown. The light, you’re so onto it, true in all its moods.
Somewhat saddens me to look at art of that era, a landscape so altered now by our ever increasing population and expansion into more and more ‘green space’, wondering if we will see the better part of it disappear right before our very own eyes.
Our neighbours won’t be the Jones’s, Smith’s, Singh’s, Wong’s or Chan’s, they’ll be
possums, kangaroos, wallabies, goannas, wombats, Koalas, Tiger, Brown, Red Bellied, Copperhead snakes, etc.
Transmissible animal diseases will know doubt form a part of our future healthcare., MonkeyPox, Lissavirus just to name a few.AW
Another less famous Australian landscape painter but brilliant nonetheless
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=7c6bf37a198f0c55&hl…
Beautiful paintings Guy.
Thanks for posting that.
Hey AW
Don't be sad as some lovely Human Building is part of Our Landscape .
Look at how Whitely does the Coat Hanger or a Bronwyn Oliver Sculpture of the Opera House , sitting beautifully in the Sydney Botanical Garden .
Perhaps a Turner's Light of London ?
My favourite Artist who I collect , is Howard Taylor .
He just lived in the Bush and was Fixated on Capturing , Light !
There is no Human influence in Howards Pieces .
Lots of Suns , Moons and Trees , though .
If interested , check out the Phenomena Exhibition that was at the MCA in Sydney around 2000 .
Howards Light does not come out in photos , at all .
In real life , they ooze it , gently imho .
If U get 2 C 1 , U will know , exactly what I mean .
Most of his Big pieces are in base 6 , territory .
WA , has them , he was a Living Treasure , over there .
The ABC did a lovely doco on the old WW2 , Fighter Pilot .
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/03/arthur-streeton-su…
GuySmiley. Hi mate. Thanks for uploading this news.
Not much to say, except, world class. The capture of light is perfect. AW
AW
May I add , I think Streeton is also great , at Using Light , 2 Capture a viewers attention ? :)
My eyes went straight 2 the sail , then were dragged left , and then allowed , to wonder around , the timeless , piece .
Thanks Smiley .
IMHO one of his best works and apparently painted in his mid 20’s while living in a tent on a nearby beach. The colour harmony, limited palette, the use of light and composition all brilliant.
abc news
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-08/henry-jock-walker-surfer-artist-…
Hey Smiley and Rob
I so enjoyed have a brief gentle Stroll , through Streeton's landscapes .
Being there , like :) ( Clancy Jones ) .
And Henry looks a young Legend of Art in the making , going Back 2 the Future , making Tapestries from Wetsuits and creating a Genre , 4 himself .
How Cool is that guy ( likes a bit of Wee scent , in the morning 2 ) !
not an aussie artist, but there's 4 limited edition lithoprints now available from cornish artist kurt jackson:
https://www.kurtjacksoneditions.com/collections/new
(2 land-n-seascapes, 2 glastonbury humanscapes)
Fred died in 2022; a UK painting God
https://fredcuming.com/
If you like art and are repulsed by the art world (and also celebrity culture) may I recommend 'Appreciation' by Liam Pieper.
Cracking read.
GuySmiley. Hows things mate ?
I’d like to share a quote that was written on the back of a painting that was given to me as gift last weekend as a thank you for the work I’d performed a few weeks ago.
It goes like this;
“When you buy something from an artist, you’re buying more than an object,
you’re buying hundreds of hours of errors and experimentation , you’re buying
years of frustration and moments of pure joy.
You’re not buying just one thing, you are buying a piece of a heart, a piece of a soul….
a small piece of someone elses life”
Guy, do you know which Australian artist wrote those words ? AW
I’ll check it out @stu
I share the sentiment although I’ve no idea who said that @AW. You have me curious. Would love to know who and see the painting
Guy. He was a late bloomer, Bob Marchant.
The painting i have is not by him, it was done by my client. She simply loves that quote of Bob’s.. AW
Pops fat finger and phone space .
AW
A lovely quote that so captures the life of an artist .
I always wonder how a young artist will develop over their artistic life .
Often zeroing in on the simple but important messages like perfectionists , perhaps .
Some thrive , some go crazy 2 .
Some artists paint what they see , a select few , paint what they feel when seeing something .
Like Howard Taylor .
[quote=Pop Down]AW
A lovely quote that so captures the life of an artist .
I always wonder how a young artist will develop over their artistic life .
Often zeroing in on the simple but important messages like perfectionists , perhaps .
Some thrive , some go crazy 2 .
Some artists paint what they see , a select few , paint what they feel when seeing something .
Like Howard Taylor .
PopDown. Hi mate.
I’ll check out Howard Taylor, thanks for that.
Hey, quaint writing above, nice one. Have a good day. Suns out, waves are a coming tomorrow , excited. AW
How's this... any fans of Shaun Tan's artwork:
the Mexican government distributed The Rabbits by John Marsden / Shaun Tan to every school in Mexico. How cool and random is that?
https://beinart.org/collections/shaun-tan
^ Just had a look through Shaun Tan's originals for sale.. $3000 for a nice sketch, $40k for an amazing oil. Dunno what people pay for art, but for an academy award winning artist and short film-maker, prolly seems fair. I love how prolific and dedicated he was through years in West Aus developing his iconic style. Fuck his books are amazing. Everyone should own the picture (only) book 'The Arrival' in Australia.
And the Lost Thing was cool: