More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I’m really not sure where to start with that article, I wonder whether Liam Mannix has heard of Brian Tyson and George Fareed?
Dr Stok a quick question:
How do you personally make sense of and rationalise Sweden deciding to not recommend child vaccination but California pushing hard to pass legislation mandating it?
That’s a pretty big difference in outcomes between government decision making processes in two highly advanced western nations which last time I checked are on the same planet in outer space, are facing the same virus, and have access to the same information and real world evidence?
What would Tyson & Fareed know ? they only successfully treated over 7000 patients with no deaths and that count was from about 6 months ago
And that’s only the start of it for that article Supa.
I could spend a week going through that article but can’t really be bothered
Ignorance is bliss
Keep you’re head firmly sealed right deep inside you own ass Toadkill.
And recognising the limits of one's self knowledge is enlightening
Great question....no idea. I guess you could try to do a deep dive into the publicly available information on the government's strategies to dig up the reqson why its different.
I assume it's like how Sweden choose not to lock down, or why Sweden have more open laws regarding euthanasia (I think?). Cultural differences.
Oh...and I'm not a doctor.
One example is sotrovimab.
Yeah it can be given out of hospital and has one study showing a reduction in hospitalisation. But it’s an intravenous infusion and the logistics of doing that are incredibly cumbersome.
Additionally, the monoclonal Abs are less effective against Omicron. Sotrovimab is the least worst
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03829-0
“Sotrovimab is the best of the lot. Even so, the concentration required to halve viral replication was roughly three times higher for Omicron than for other coronavirus variants.”
As for the rest of the article, what’s the point?
Freeride reckons that most people get their info from social media these days anyway
hahaha, that's not quite what I said, I only quoted your question and said how important it is.
I do think social media plays a huge role now in the public dissemination of information.
Stok you deadset fuckwit just goes to show how fucking dumb you really are, you too roadhump, it wasn't a question, it was a statement from my first hand experience, yes I did ask my doctor, I have no reason to make shit up to make myself sound good,
So tell me then how the fuck do they know what variants are out there when the won't tell the patient after they test positive, straight from my doctor, they don't know and doesn't know if they do why they don't tell you
Yeah stok is so smart he can't understand the context of a sentance, peanut is what it is
Cheers super, that's what I'm thinking, so if they are only sampling from those in hospital that's a small percentage of all cases, so alot of assumptions going on there to say which variant is actually circulating,
Elon has made a post just for Stok and roadkill
That's just too good.
The fact you had to make it clear you weren't lying.
You literally saw your doctor, didn't get the answer you wanted, then turned to swellnet covid conspiracy forums...and asked blowin none the less. Great stuff. As the WSL say...you can't script this!
Sorry gromfull, despite you not using a question mark in either of your statements to me and blowin, I'll assume the post to me was a question.
My answer is....I've got no fucking idea!
Best guess, they probably on test for strains on a limited sample of positive test results, maybe 1 out of 10, or 100 or whatever. When my kids got covid, it was delta days, and omicron was just arriving, we were told that if it did turn out to be omicron we'd need to isolate for 14 days instead of 10 days. That's obviously all changed.
But yeah, ask the brains trust here, they'll tell you the truth after scanning the web, and providing you with the best covid advice, from the best selected experts from all over the world ;)
Edit: I read up, and they already did it!
Oh right, yeah must be true, he's rich, and he must be talking about covid, and boosters, and Australia.
To be fair burleigh, that's the most reputable source I've seen you share so far.
get some NEG EFF up ya weekend...
https://thehighwire.com/videos/data-reveals-higher-covid-rate-in-the-va…
New improved version.
Coming soon.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article257785748.html
We need to scare people into another jab. Let’s call it Stealth. That’ll scare em.
WHATSUP on their ABC ?
It's 0815 and NO mention of Covid.
It's all Russia, Grace Tame and koalas today .
The talking heads have gone eerily covid quiet.
Could they have realised they have failed the people as badly as the vaccines have failed ??
wait, it's 0829 and the' Rona is getting a run.
Hospitals overloaded, even tho' numbers are down.
Vic code brown, that's the code you get when you've been fed a pile of sh8t.
Dullard
Donald, the highwire is science fiction for dumb people. Reading it will damage your brain.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-highwire/%3famp…
Yep, go talk to the thousands of healthcare workers and their families, they'll love to hear your selfish conspiracy drivel.
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/israel-is-overrun-with-covid-the/co…
Elon has really grown on me in the last year, i see him as a new type of mix of open minded person that has some of the better quality's from the left and better qualities from the right.
I put Joe Rogan & Russell Brand in the same basket, thinking outside of the box and not scared to speak their mind or be cancelled..its refreshing.
Thats what we really need a mainstream push back to cancel culture.
Quick, dismiss the new variant as just a case of the sniffles and all part of the 'plan', that way you can continue to hide your fear deep down.
C’mon Stok, the only fear I have is for my kids future. Their freedoms taken away and minds twisted like yours.
Oh and I wouldn’t mind an indo trip, but that will come.
Counties dropping covid restrictions quicker than you can put a mask on and get your booster for the first variant that’s no longer in circulation.
@san Guine , hope your coping with the stress of your job. Just a question for you if you have the time to reply that would be appreciated. With Greg Hunt announcement that an agreement was struck with the private health sector and 57,000 nurses would be helping the overwhelmed public system and altogether an additional 100,000 medical staff would be added , has this happened or was it simply a political announcement given that the private sector would be busy with their own workload ? https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/canberra…. And so this is a response to that. The Private Hospitals Agreement will see up to 57,000 nurses and over 100,000 staff made available to Omicron affected areas around the country.
I put Joe Rogan and Russell Brand in the same basket as Jim Banks, all tip and no iceberg, ego isn't a replacement for scientific medical qualifications.
yeah sure dickhead, NSW has 186 in ICU, most double whacked or boosted, most in hospital WITH covid not FOR covid, and would be in hospital anyway.
code brown in Vicco when Stairman Dan promised 4000 ICU beds, bit never delivered.
Meanwhile you have 1000s of health care workers sacked for refusing to get whacked, but it's now OK for covid + staff to return to work so long as long they are jacked up with the shit useless franken juice.
This all makes sense to you.
GO suck n swallow for another booster ya fuckwit.
Nonsense
Now now old-dog, give that little pea brain a rest.
Joe Rogans guests are doctors with rather large qualifications.
You listen to the guests, the host just asks the questions.
Stick to making up fake numbers to sooth your fear of the flu
Thanks Supa, doing it real tough over the last 2 months, I'm cooked.
I have totally lost faith in our leaders (both political and administrative) to do anything but throw front-line health care workers under the proverbial bus.
We are totally expendible...
As to your question re private health care medical staff, sorry but no idea. All I know is this is not the time to be going to hospital so many junior medical and nursing staff.
Stay well Swellnetters
Nonsense ?? Which part ?
Stairman didn't promise 4000 ICU beds ?
1000s of health workers weren't stood down ? And now desperately needed cos so many fully whacked workers are now infected and furloughed.
People aren't in ICU or hospital for other things beside covid and happen also to be covid + ? IE: the co-morbidity crowd.
Another round of boosters and a bowl of bat soup for you !!! ah yes remember them bats !
Wow, you're an expert. I'll take heed of your opinion. File under C for cretin
Nah Joe and Russell are open minded willing to look at both sides and aspect of pretty much any topic, even with politics and social issues even if they dont share the same views they are open to having guest with opposing views on and civilly talk about different ideas and civilly disagree too, and like mentioned above Joe has very qualified people on his shows the people that have been said to have spread Covid misinformation aren't nobodies they are highly qualified people.
Jim off course is a great shaper, but let's be real he is on the pretty extreme nutter spectrum with a whole range of ideas, climate change, covid etc, he isn't open minded looking at all ideas or possibilities, he just runs with the most out there idea there is very very different.
for those devout jab junkies, there is chatter from pFizzer that their *new* fantastical omnicon vaccine is a 3 shot program. ($$$$$$$ ker ching $$$$$$$$)
so after your 3rd shot shit useless booster you can forward to another round, rinse and repeat.
WHACK WHACK WHACK.
Reasons to be cheerful !!!
Don't give a fuck what you do or think, too many boosters are never enough for those who want them.
"san Guine
Thanks Supa, doing it real tough over the last 2 months, I'm cooked.
I have totally lost faith in our leaders (both political and administrative) to do anything but throw front-line health care workers under the proverbial bus.
We are totally expendible...
As to your question re private health care medical staff, sorry but no idea. All I know is this is not the time to be going to hospital so many junior medical and nursing staff.
Stay well Swellnetters"
Hey San Guine take care, sincere thanks for yours and fellow front line health care workers efforts during this mess
Cheers
Thanks IF, this means a lot to me
Don't worry about that Donald clown. He's the clowniest of clowns lost so far down a rabbit hole he'll probably be suckered into doing something really stupid soon, like selling all his possessions and signing himself away to some cult.
Reading between the lines you work in healthcare, can't even imagine what it would be like at the moment. The vast majority are with you. Cheers.
The irony of this post. Youre is a cult already Stok.
Pin cushion cult. All bow down to your cult leader dictator Dan.
He knows best. Don’t question it. Blind faith only
The health advise is good. Trust him.
I’m curious if you’ve ever watched any of Rogan’s or Brand’s stuff?
Pretty hard to frame them as anything but open minded centrists without sounding a bit Jim Banks yourself.
@san Guine , thanks for replying , I noticed you had been quiet on the threads last few months and figured you were flat out . So if nothing much has changed them maybe it was just a big announcement that the LNP are famous for . I asked another friend who’s indigenous and a nurse, she’s been busy out bush working for a vaccination team with various communities in north western nsw . She said the aged care sector was really struggling. When things get back to relatively normal I hope you can get a well earned surf holiday somewhere. I saw this the other day and thought of you .
Gunner says "Hold my beer".
Remember the good old days?
Two and done. Uh uh, not so fast.
Four is now probable.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/nt-covid-update-booster-shot-now-mand…
It was NEVER going to end at 2. That was just the sales pitch/coercion the government ran with.
2 for freedom will very soon be jab every three months and you’re never free.
Goal posts moved everyday. Stok and co have a lot to answer for by being so compliant.
It's worse than we thought.
Luckily, new boosters already being designed.
Mr Gottlieb ( ex head of FDA, now board member @Pfizer fills us in).
Pfizer and Moderna started clinical trials this week on omicron-specific shots amid growing concern that new variants will emerge as immunity induced by the original vaccines wanes.
"Immunity"????
George Orwell was unavailable for comment.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/the-new-bapoint2-omicron-subvariant-is-…
So lucky we have Pfizer to save us. Doesn’t matter about your health and well-being. Just take an unknown jab every three months or we will take your rights away.
With basically every country having different covid policies, some dropping restrictions some tightening, some jabbing 5 year olds, others saying it’s hello no, it’s no wonder we question what is going on.
If you don’t question it and believe what your state/premier is doing is correct you are in a cult. Having blind faith in a leader is fucked up.
I’m talking about you Stok