More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Forgot to add, sounds like Tone Loc sampled the guitar riff in that Kiss song for Funky Cold Medina.
yep that's how it works, it's called borrowing from the past
Ok, talk about borrowing, here's a fun game.
Listen to this.
It's a shit-hot song in its own right but try and pick the samples that have been taken from it over the years.
There's one ultra-obvious one but heaps more.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Andy I'm 3 beers in and listening to Funky Cold Medina thanks to you, so good
Andy M. What about the Kiss song "Goin Blind". Another suss one from Gene.
"I'm sixty and you're sixteen. i think I'm going blind."
Still not as bad as the stalker of minors Sting.
Sue says Jameroquoi ( spelling, meh ), me Simply Red
Another 3 beers and I'll like it.....it's not that bad I'm warming to it
Gene was well dodgy!
Big Eminem sample in that Labi Siffre song?
I love that song never knew the kiss guitar sample.
Picked up the Ton Loc CD years ago second hand expecting the two hits to be only decent tracks, but its actually a fairly decent album for that style of music, lot of songs have a bit of an old porn video vibe.
BTW. My Indo wife father loves FCM he still cranks it up real loud quite regularly and blows the neighbourhood apart, think tiny indo houses wall to wall down little gangs(roads only wide enough to ride a motorbike)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Mellow Instrumental track
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This one below probably should have been a hit too, I think he only has Funky col Medina and Wild thing, the whole album is full of possible singles though.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Went on a nostalgia rap/hiphop trip last night, before we moved to the beach at 13 we lived inland early-mid 80s rap/breaking craze was big (as was skateboarding that allowed me to pic up surfing) and i use to hang around with guys that were a few years older than me, they use to steal spray cans and spray big graffiti pieces on walls mostly around the railway (bit not trains) they use to always make me be on the look out though :( (we even got busted by railway cops once, but lucky no fine or court appearance, they just took us home as were super young)
Anyway we also use to think we were super cool like we were some New York homies, and use to walk around with a geheto blaster blasting out rap/hip hop.
This along with "the message" was probably my favourite of that time.
Not really into this kind of music these days, but i still think its an awesome song, better than modern dat hip hop.
BTW. The lyrics "learn from the past & work for the future & dont be a slave to no computer" are more relevant than ever.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2000 man is a really good song. I’m in lockdown with an attic full of samplers and records making music. Wish I had a copy 2000 man to sample, the drums really kick. But only kiss record I have is the live album.
Back in the New York groove is also a killer song.
. (wrong thread)
I want to bitch about how Stu's fantastically bitchen forum topic had left the home page.
Here's my other bitch.
This arvo/evening I spent two hours cooking dinner and the ungrateful spawn took half a mouthful each and said they were full.
Faaaaaaaark.
Anybody want to buy two kids [girl 6. boy 3]?
Actually, I would swap them for alcohol and drugs!
Haha Mattlock, been there doen that! RE the kidlets, yea naa :)
About how this forum topic has left the home page, I'd like to bitch about that as well. How about SN double the amount of Forum topics seen on the Home Page? That'd be bitchin'. (Halve the amount of lead sentence - less chance of the C-bomb appearing too)
Whilst I'm here I'd like to bitch about slow internet. Actually that is now a nostalgic bitch because as of 2 weeks ago I've got the NBN from the curb.....so now it's fully bitchin'!
Not having kids I'll hold onto my supply of herb and homebrew. That's a no from me.
Life before booze and drug buses was bitchin!
Amazed I got away with it all unscathed and unbusted.
Geez views. I'm not driving when I'm locked[down] and loaded.
Many people didn't get away with it.
Are you sure tubeshooter? Having kids will make you appreciate your 'supplies' even more.
NBN from the curb? Gee whizz that'd be nice. We're on satellite. We're doing pretty darn well if it reaches 18mbps for longer than an hour and my mates closer to civilisation are complaining if theirs falls to 30mbps.
Another great result for Signor Abbott.
Actually that's worth bitching about. Politicians more focussed on not providing "the other team" with ammunition to cruel their re-election chances over putting in the money to really-expensive-but-long-lived-and-much-needed-nation-building-future-proofing infrastructure. Let alone nation functioning (i.e. just to keep up).