More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Yes. This is defined as censorship. That is not an opinion. That is fact. Wether or not it is fair, weak, biased or cowardly is opinion.
The definition of censorship is not debatable. What you think of censorship and how it is applied is debatable. Right?
Blowin, VicLocal and the original Covid thread were CENSORED . Fact.
Oh well.
Ok, so repetitive personal abuse that adds nothing to the topics of conversation on swellnet has been censored and Michael doesn't like it.
Let's move along.
Cheers. Sticks and stones…
I dont even know what that means, but god i had to do some heavy lip bitting in that Indigenous thread the other day to avoid possibly getting personal and abusive.
I think a little bit of self censoring sometimes can be character building though, it's often much harder to just walk away and let's be honest it rarely feels good to get abusive and personal.
See, I don’t think LD was trying to hurt you Michael. Certainly wasn’t abusing you.
He was acknowledging your contribution and… moving along.
So, ‘sticks and stones’, which references a childhood nursery rhyme about words versus physical pain, is somewhat out of context.
No. I can take any attempt at abuse, Bring it on. I am a full grown adult. It was a reminder, aimed at the more sensitive or insecure.
I do find that the insensitive and secure provide the most compelling reminders to the weaker members of our society.
If you are secure in your opinions or beliefs then you should welcome a challenge or counter argument.
Debate, debate, debate.
If you are unsure or are just teaming up with the safe side of any issue you are more likely to censor or call for censorship or support censorship. It shows the weakness of your side.
There is always a clear safe side and dangerous side to take on any issue. Wether it is right or wrong is up for debate.
Safe and right.
Safe but wrong.
Right but dangerous.
Right and safe.
Michael Adam wrote "Yes. This is defined as censorship. That is not an opinion. That is fact. Wether or not it is fair, weak, biased or cowardly is opinion.
The definition of censorship is not debatable. What you think of censorship and how it is applied is debatable. Right?
Blowin, VicLocal and the original Covid thread were CENSORED . Fact."
Bit of a shit hill you're defending there Michael. What would you expect the SN boys to do? Allow anything? It is a privately owned website, they have the right to run it as they see fit and set whatever rules they deem necessary. They are also publishers which brings other responsibilities. They also, I assume, take a degree of pride in the product they put out and have a sense of responsibility for the content. I would if I owned it. You contend it's "censorship" as if that is some kind of unacceptable intrusion on some undefined right to comment in their forums. In the strict sense of the word they may be censoring, I would call it moderating, but find your objection ridiculous considering some of the things I have read here over the years that they allow. Short of threats of violence, over the top abusiveness and just being an annoying dick way too often ( like old mate Robbo) Ben and Stu have been pretty restrained with these forums I reckon, and give a lot of slack to some of the loose units that show up here, which adds to the appeal.
There’s a certain degree of hubris on display here.
Again, behavior, not ideas, are the basis of being booted here. Not confidence in a particular position or otherwise.
Hubris? I put my thoughts and opinions up here to be challenged. It’s a forum right? Fleshing out ideas and that? I won’t die on any hill and I am constantly changing my mind about things and people.
As I said, swellnet has the right to censor comments on this site.
Stay safe.
You too. Enjoy
Gee @info, you surprise me, I’m linking the forum topic (needling) to your recent unfortunate accident when you nail gunned your hand. Sheesh, talking about ruining a guy’s fun
I mean, there's enough places online to randomly and anonymously type out your opinions on whatever topic, and sling abuse. Not sure why swellent has to put up with it really.
Bit extreme, but i kind of question the whole 'Wax Off' section in its entirety. Go to reddit, or twitter, or wherever else. It's all there. To me it's always tainted things seeing the covid threads on the landing page stick out like a sore thumb....although I do admit the back and fourths have been fun, and I definitely spurred things on.
It's just, why chose to use swellnet as your outlet for whatever batshit ideas about how the world works younpicked up from social media?
To me that's misbehavin'!!!
A bit harsh, plenty of good threads in the wax off section. Granted, not all, but by and large many are.
And I'd rather engage with surfers in this 'community' on a lot of those topics rather than having anything to do with that full on shitfest that is facebook or twitter.
Good call, tubeshooter.
Yep agree. Enjoy these forums and have never been and never will go on Reddit etc.
Have said this before, but 'getting upset over social media is like walking across the road to step in dog shit.' Not my original quote....
Wow...I think that actually made a bit of sense. Must have been off the beers that week.
Sort of icandig but new information comes out all the time. Even the “experts” are still learning about the virus and various treatments success and dangers. Did you know the spike protein from the “vax” has recently been discovered by autopsies in the brain? It probably won’t get a mention on the telly or newspaper so it’s probably a good idea to continue sharing information online free from censorship yeah? I am more interested in getting closer to the truth than being right or correct and I am ok with the possibility of being criticised or offended.
By the way….What is the current safe opinion to have on the source of the virus? I have no idea.
The 'truth' is malleable. I have no opinion (safe or otherwise) because I don't know all of the 'facts.' Facts are malleable.
you two would do well to read this...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-…
as would you... mr. strzok
I would if I cared enough. But I don't.
Let’s keep one thread free from Covid discussions, eh?
You deleted (censored) the thread dedicated to covid, no?
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/506540?page=108