More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
What a burn
This video is much better, how's the first bit with the women with the potty mouth, classic.
Put your whistle away Indo
Hi jeffy
Ha ha that was my first thought .
Yeah, nah.
It’s not just semantics. Just wasn’t a great metaphor tbh.
US of A
Goodnight jeffy
fuck, I hope not. every time I wrangle a half decent exchange from the guy, he shape-shifts and denies his previous guise. ..starting to take it personally ; )
Is that Paul Kelly and his cool guitarist
busking at S SW
Must have moved from St Kilda to Kings Cross.
President Musk changed his X account name yesterday to Harry Bolz
After the last few post and hours posted, i think we can confirm it's Jeffy with a new profile.
And todays big Trump news.
"Live updates: Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin agree negotiations to end Ukraine war will begin 'immediately'"
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2025-02-13/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-phon…
Even better news
"Entities behind President Donald Trump’s crypto coin have accumulated close to $100 million in trading fees in less than two weeks,"
"At least fifty of the largest investors in the coin have made profits in excess of $10 million each on the $Trump coin, according to Chainalysis. At the same time, some 200,000 crypto wallets, most with small holdings, lost money on $Trump on the exchange"
https://www.reuters.com/markets/currencies/trumps-meme-coin-made-nearly…
KaChing baby!!!
The party faithful will be chanting that DT & EM aren’t drawing a presidential salary. They’re doing it for free , so gotta make a buck where ya can …..eh
I think Dazzza has had a big night on the turps, won’t be surprised if Shazzza has grounded him .
Ironic an Indonesian talking about turps!
Possibilities of a Class Action by the US people, against Musk and his teenybopper Doge
For accessing and holding citizens private data, without authorisation.Treasury department data is only allowed to be accessed for taxation purposes,
And the private data, belongs to the people,
Not to an unelected bureaucrat ,billionaire .
Twitter owner !
do you have a preferred eno/bowie album @Dazzza? Low, Heroes, Lodger..? I reckon they're colloquially referred to as the berlin trilogy. I liken them to the '81-ish Cure records (faith, 17 seconds, pornography), not sound-wise, just in terms of mildly-inaccessible and experimental introspective pop albums.
I actually stopped following a lot of music,
Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Bowie etc
When I started roaming around the country,
For better or worse.
Neil Young depressed me with
Out of the Blue and into the Black, on certain herbs , so I stopped following him, and there’s not many record shops at Cactus or in an orchards.
Triple J has always played a lot of good new music though.
And YouTube is now infinite.
The Cure , A Forest live, is one of the best,
Dazzza has come out swinging this morning . It must have been one helluva party with juliang , heeby , jeffy & dazzza , no wonder shazzza is pissed .
I dont think turps is Jeff’s drug of choice.
.
Oh no , now supa is going to have to delete all his saved Jeffy masterpieces.
yeh, its getting back to local bands playing for shits and giggles and having a day job, the way it should be. I bought 2 records at Bar Open on Brunswick St (great little side hustle in records, 3 curators: jazz, punk, eclectic): Gut Health's stilletto (singer Athina on spick'n'specks last year, she came across quite well) and The Stems' 11 Nov live Adelaide recording (on wally meanie's label, cheersquad).. both ex$$, but unreal albums, and astounding quality vinyl.
Yes sounds like you’re a lot more into the local live, music , than me,
Which I hope is still going with pokies and everything.
Seems like maybe the Taylor Swifts and
Pearl Jams etc stadium tours are cutting into the festivals around the country,
And rent food and other expenses.
pokies were the final nail. add cbd gentrification and drink driving finally being not-tolerated.. astounds me that the golden era of pub rock may well have been the 80s, but the whole 'thriving live scene' she-bang in SA was a mere 30 years long:
The story of Masters Apprentices leaving variety-show Australia for the UK in '69 after Hoadley's Battle of the Sounds, returning to find house-bands playing three sets in pubs was the beginning for me.
The pokies taking over SA at the end of the 90s was the end.
(yep to above, a mate and I were discussing how the fuck could young people possibly afford to go see bands and drink beers three nights a week like we used to? even if there were thriving local live scenes..)
I left Oz in 1999 from the Goldie and there was a good local rotation of live music and JJJ was great to listen to.
Got back in 2015, different country, JJJ was not recognizable to me, guess no longer could consider myself youth :). Started listening to 4ZZZ, but too much swearing for my kids.
Have been to see a few bands lately and mainly oldies, James Reyne, Richard Clapton, Hoodoo Gurus, Bad Religion, SD all oldies, except a couple of weeks ago Amyl and the Sniffers who were great.
Also hard for young crew if a tinny of beer at a venue is $12 minimum.
Anyway get back to the USA theme....
Looks like Putin has had a win, will see.
There are still a lot of lesser known artists touring around to various venues,
I think they’re all from Byron Bay .
I think the Valley in Brisbane still has live venues,
Then there’s Greenmount Surf life Saving club, with its weekend cover bands , entertaining everyone.
Although the Sunshine Coast did have a lot of bands spinning off from the Woodford Folk Festival, which is still going,after Christmas.
On ya Dazzza, fuck america. hook up with @seeds, he'll get you barneyed at a decent feral hinterland rock n roll gig. just have a strong tea before hand and promise not to talk to him. but yeh, if you're into nag champa dudes with a stompbox or loop pedal, there's always some of that schtick around. thankfully there's been a revival of proper folk music recently. woodford contributes to that - I really hope woodford doesn't start to program more 'blues and roots' to fill the byron void.
rugged front page language, soz. ummm... oh, here's a group i've posted before, talisk. they're at womad this year (elephant sessions having a break, haha). hope these guys are on a small stage and do a few shows and don't nick off to port fairy after saturday.
edit: bugger, yep nicking off to port fairy folk festival, have to chalk them in on fri or sat...
Dazza,...Quad here, hows your Beatle collection?
Do you listen to your song very often?
You really are a narrow minded, one dimensional character,
You play the pokies ?
Good idea,
Port Fairy Festival has been going for a while,
Good luck
Missy Higgins , Cat Power Don Walker
Jeff Lang is a must see. !
Tulsi has been voted in . If any woman is to become the first president of the USA it will be her in my opinion , very very popular with voters . https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/senate-votes-confirm…
one of the few USA bands at womad, nice, accessible pop-folk to get reflective to.
(I posted Anais Mitchell & Jefferson Hamer's absolutely stunning 'Tam Lin (child 39)' once..)
Obviously the Republican Senators voted her in for Trump,
I wonder how much trust the ex ally
governments will have in her and sharing classified information, with her links to Russia?
The more unqualified, incompetent people they put in , the better,
More likely to crash the government.
Looks like they’d be good live,
Good vocals and strumming.
When you live & breathe MTN , you become Delusional Dazzza . There’s a reason Tulsi switched political parties , the dems really blew it with their treatment of Bernie & Tulsi , you can thank killery & co for that blunder . Trump probably wouldn’t have been elected in 2016 if Bernie had ran with Tulsi as VP . Just my opinion.
When you live and breathe Fox/X
That’s all you believe,
That’s why they took so long to confirm, all the questions about visits to Syria and Assad
And links to Putin , but Fox might not mention that?
The first CIA officer to ever be elected to the US senate , Elissa Slotkin might disagree with
@supaloopa , but I’m sure he thinks he knows better than her .
Did EroticJeff get banned Dazzza? or you switching personalities for a day?
I don’t know what you’re talking about?
EroticJeff and Dazza have left the building.
Jesus, you must think we were all born yesterday.
Finally some good news in this thread. Good work team.
Thank the good Lord…..and Ben.
Anyone from the Trump/Elon lovers/apologisers camp wanna touch this? Bit of a hot potato I know, but give it a shot!