More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
That might be the most idiotic comment to ever appear on this site. I mean seriously, tell me you don't understand AI without saying "I don't understand AI."
We don't need carpenters to build houses anymore folks, have you heard of nail guns?
Is that surf forecasting for wave pools ?
@a-mac
All good. I’m not denying the US has form in shaping the world it wants, and your area of study would have certainly given cause to be (appropriately) sceptical.
I just haven’t found the case that your outlining for 2014 to be as clear; and again, if closer relations with Europe weren’t genuinely popular in Ukraine then there has been plenty of opportunity for this trend to be reversed.
At the same time, looking for the malign American hand in everything gives a little bit of a free pass to Putin and his extensively documented use of those tools of policy.
The thing that Putin fears the most is a successful, democratic and better governed Ukraine (or Georgia for that matter) that is resilient against Russian pressure. A less corrupt Ukraine is not in Russia’s (or Belarus’s) interests. EU and NATO accession both have benchmarks / gates for improved governance.
That’s the real threat to a corrupt, kleptocratic authoritarian regime in my mind.
Not NATO’s military strength. Which everyone tells me is anemic, woke and feminine anyway.
As for corruption and democracy.
https://freedomhouse.org/country/ukraine/nations-transit/2024
https://freedomhouse.org/country/russia
Definitely more white matter floating around in that cranial cavity than grey matter.
It appears as though it’s one large vacuous space with the odd spark analagous to a near flat battery.
And for crying out loud, get spellchecker, those many nights picking up fares from others who’d partied all night have affected your voCABulary. AW
Cheers burleigh...Our eyes in the Sky swellnet AI is listening & watching...Always!
Gutted swellnet AI department will take that as a Comment ...supastoked!
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/594817?page=1
Hey waxy. I’ve listened to a few podcasts or YT clips with Peter Zeihan, but not for a while. From memory he’s big on population / demographics / big economy stuff right? But I do recall that he was always very emphatic about China being on the track to failure, Russia being 6 months away from collapse etc - and I’m with you that I find that confidence offputting! You prompted me to recast and have a look what he’s put out recently.
Hope you’re well over there, and that whatever is happening politically is manageable at a personal and social level. Deportations aside….
You have the sense of humour of a dead jellyfish
Yep Eta, you’re onto it re: Zeihan. HIS take on the invasion of Ukraine is interesting. Have no idea to it’s veracity. I would speak to it but I will muck it up. Not my thing.
Thanx for kind words.
Hey Jeffy….. have you ever heard of Turritopsis Dohrnil? Also known as The Immortal Jellyfish! It lives in the Med Sea. It can reverse its aging process. You should check it out!
(I have no point. Just pinch hitting a response for A-Dubs, and trying to imagine what he might say.)
Not sure who Jeff is but anyway did you know that antipsychotics block your serotonin and dopamine receptors and cause depression.
IE government sanctioned depression ?
Although I don’t think Albert Einstein is a T Dornhill. , maybe a T Dorkhil
Further news is Reeves has allowed defence access to the 27Bn pound climate fund so there's more - funny how when things get serious funds can be found.
And for Kallas
https://commission.europa.eu/about/organisation/college-commissioners/k…
"Kaja Kallas is the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission. Her task is to lead a more strategic and assertive foreign and security policy that better enables the EU to pursue its strategic interests and shape the global system."
I think she's speaking beyond just Estonia's interests in this role.
Starmer has welcomed Zelenskyy to Downing St and meeting set for this arvo at Sandringham I think. We'll know more after.
Trump can't touch Craig.
Agree. Would add if you are an island, it's a strong navy and merchant marine that you need.
To build the stuff: presently many of the factories were shipped offshore, or closed; and the arsenal of democracy is behaving strangely.
Let’s see what happens. Zelensky is getting plenty of tweets and ‘stand with Ukraine’ stuff but it’s time to actually open the wallets. Enough of this fluff. I can’t see much money flowing yet. We even have a Ukrainian ambassador here in AUS clearly saying that Ukraine cannot survive without US support.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2025-03-02/ukrainian-ambassador-australia-s…
Where do surf forecasting and other forecasters get their information from,
They don’t put up their own balloons and wave buoys, all around the world.
"Turritopsis dohrnii, also known as the immortal jellyfish, is a species of small, biologically immortal jellyfish[2][3] found worldwide in temperate to tropic waters. It is one of the few known cases of animals capable of completely reverting to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary individual."
Actually sounds like a bit of an incel and I reckon I might be capable of the same feat. Or at least my sense of humour.
We ask Craig for waves, and he brings them.
if the offerings meet with his approval.
So we should be going to church on Sunday and praying for insight into Gods Low Pressure systems developments .
a portal to upstairs seems a fitting metaphor
https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2019/08/30/nat-young-sp…
No, no, science killed God or something, something and so these days all we have to do is ask Craig.
Maybe Craig was God ?
I can see a new cult starting at Kingscliff or somewhere else.
There may be some truth to that.
I'm having a bit of fun with an amusing theme in the Vicco forecast notes, where people drop their list of demands for conditions for the next swell. (It's interesting how many times Craig delivers, tho)
nah I once saw Craig and God having beers on the steyne rooftop deep in convo about something on their phones..
Oh now you’re getting too controversial for me !
Thou shalt have no other gods before Huey.
Isn’t it amazing, all. this power that the US has built up over the years, and Trump is the one that’s bringing it all down , while at the same time taking credit for it all and using it to hold a country to ransom for the sake of some good TV !
Well he has now moved to God's country. Hmmmm.
Sorry not meant to be here. Self scolding.
If you’re confused about who jeff is then you could try asking heeby or juliang . What’s really confusing is why you subscribe to a surf forecast website .
So Craig has moved to Texas ,
strange move , you’d think he’d realise that the Gulf of America doesn’t get much swell ?
you're a funny fellow Jeffrey/not Jeffrey!
Funny or peculiar ?
I think Jeff was actually someone else that wasn’t Jeff .
What you think I’m going to try to paddle out in that , have you seen the webcams
Oh the horror Super
I should have done the trip to East Ballina caravan Park
Love your work not Jeffrey.
Please take that as a compliment this time!
Trump is Putins last chance
Trump’s Europe’s last chance. These EU socialist warlords are driving the whole joint straight into a dumpster fire for the third time in a hundred years.
If the EU keeps pushing the envelope, they’re gonna get smoked by Russia and China, easy peasy, light work. The EU’s gonna be a total clown show. The US will just shrug and be like, ‘We tried to put you on game, but you had to find out the hard way - FAFO.’ The EU’s gonna disintegrate, EU socialism will fall. Europe’s gonna get sliced up between Russia and the US again, like old times.
Putin’s playing it cool, giving Trump a window to help Europe get its act together. The EU’s been the one throwing punches on this one for at least the last 20 years. They need to chill out and chop it up with Russia at the table.
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/-snl-mocks-zelenskyy-and-trump-clash-at-o…
This is a pretty inane take tbh. “Socialist warlords”. Probably sounded better in your head than it came out on the screen I guess.
He’s a goose Etarip.
I’m enjoying yours and others take on things. Insights on what may be the bigger picture.
Way over my head and I’m quite comfortable with that.
Hey seeds - thanks. Been an interesting few days and I (almost) always enjoy the views of the swilnutters on these issues.
Was listening to a podcast this arvo, recorded before the WH blow up, with a few seasoned commentators on security issues / foreign affairs. They all said that they have no idea what to make of it all. What the Admin is aiming to get out of it.
So we’re all in the same boat I reckon.
But I don’t get the sense that there’s a well thought out plan in any case.
There’s always more going on behind the scenes
At least democratic pro Ukraine protesters derailed
Vance’s ski trip to Vermont after his little bully boy attack on Zelenskyy at the White House.
Apparently they were holding up signs saying "go ski in Russia".
At least some people are getting it .
It doesn’t matter what the bigger picture might be, the smaller picture is Putin creating world chaos and Trump backing him.
Plenty more protests going on too since the cunties did as they do. Let’s see how it plays out. Only 2 months in. It’s going to be a long four years no matter which way it goes. Daily Trump news isn’t good for anyone.
What's Donald gonna do today?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Haha that was great. Don is different that’s for sure.
Wow even Kevin Bloody Redneck , turning against Donald
I could be wrong, but that’s how he appears with his accent.
The audience loves a good swear word.
Keeping up with the European newsfeeds now, we've got a 'coalition of the willing'
Nobody expects a coalition of the willing!
And those of you with 'coalition of the willing' on your bingo cards - drink!