More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
If we’re talking treason, first in the dock should be useful idiot fat cat gravy train juicers such as John Lord AM, John Brumby AO, and Alexander Downer AC. The bald-faced shilling and spruiking they performed on behalf of Huawei/CCP for years would be comical if wasn’t bordering on sedition.
'Mr Lord said …the company doesn't "dance to the Chinese tune" and the government committee within Huawei was required by Chinese law.
"The purpose within Huawei is to oversight the way that we manage our people, look after them, etc, that's the role it plays with Huawei," Mr Lord said.
"Everything in Huawei is done for the benefit of the people and the shareholders."'
https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/western-australia/it-was-a-strange-…
Totally disagree, remember it was China reacting to Scomo backing an enquire into Covid that pissed China off.
Scomo wasn't hostile just firm and stood his ground, we are no match for China but it doesn't mean you allow yourself to get pushed around and go kissing arse.
It was a super important message and a perfect time to draw a line in the sand and send a clear message to the business world to diversify and that the future with China is not a safe and reliable one.
It doesn't mean we continue pushing things too hard and we havent but its just a cooling off that is needed.
BTW. You should be happy China banned our Coal imports, isn't that what you people want?
100% agree, believe he has lived and worked in China, maybe wife Chinese..
But when you go hinting at the suggestion Covid didnt start in China and started in the USA, and reason we think it started in China is because of USA media....its quite a big, oh dear, moment.
Standard example of those unable to differentiate criticism of CCP to Chinese people.
emotive condescending fluff. unable to argue the point so goes for the easy target = uncultured racists. coz surfers have no interest in travelling, experiencing other cultures. "hit a yum cha".. seriously that kinda comment would get you kicked off a uni campus these days.
hey evo and ID,
lol, all good, I kind of get why you might come to a conclusion like that, but then again if you'd read all my SN comments since I started contributing in about April last year I don't really see that you'd think that...
but I'm blonde hair, blue eyes, English and Irish heritage, born and bred on the Sunny Coast, just got in from a grovel in 2ft onshore closeouts out the front on my new Pyzel.
Actually I think people here on SN initially thought I worked for the WSL or a local development company tied to the KS wavepool since my first contribution here was expressing a positive attitude towards it. Still wouldn't mind a wavepool on the Coast.
Have spent some time in China (and various other countries) of late mostly for work reasons (finance industry stuff). Did meet a nice Chinese girl along the way. Nothing wrong with that. As a result I keep a keen eye on Chinese economics and politics.
I'm just really trying to get a balanced picture of what's happening in the world. I don't mind asking challenging questions. Nothing wrong with questioning what I see going on around me.
I thought today was a decent debate and I learnt something and modified some of my opinions due to it. I find these forums valuable for this. People aren't afraid to speak their mind.
I appreciate people in here actually taking the time to respond to and debunk anything I say. Blowin actually once said that I wasn't smart or interesting enough to respond to, and he's probably still right...!
Btw ID, I didn't say anywhere that I thought covid started in the US, I just said that you can find lots of articles online concluding that its origin is still up in the air.
Take it easy fellas, maybe don't take too literally questions asked in an online forum by an anonymous person. Maybe I'm just playing the devil's advocate and asking questions that are tough to swallow. You don't really know what I believe.
Think I met your Chinese mate, Sum Cant, the other day, Jelly. Nice chap but didn't seem a big fan of Aussie protests of Chinese gov. Just sayin'.
Was an interesting chat GSCO, and I appreciate your perspective.
it's definitely making me modify my views.
Hey gcso, I don’t agree with all of your points of view and perspectives but I appreciate them being on here. +1 on the ‘don’t take it all too seriously’ as well.
Just for the record, it was Malcolm Turnbull that passed the foreign interference laws, that were aimed at curbing Chinese influence, in Dec 2017.
That was widely seen as one of the main catalysts for the deteriorating relationship.
Along with the 2018 decision to ban Huawei from building the 5G network on security concerns.
I thought Jelly's entire post raised some pertinent points and was a good addition to the thread. To take those questions and twist them back, if you were in the position of being able to stop this, would you? Would stopping this protect your people? Would your people be OK or in real strife depending on your choice? If you decided to stop it, how far would you be willing to go to do so?
I'll take issue with the not liking to perceive a threat or confront it. Western history is full of moments when dire totalitarian threats were confronted and overcome - it comes from the Roman Republic's founding after centuries of tyrants, and before that in Greece, two and a half thousand years ago. Charles Martel... Thermopylae... Wellington and the Prussians at Waterloo... Milne Bay and Kokoda... Even Neville Chamberlain was frantically re-arming behind the scenes...
Bonza ;)
Just to decipher …
I’m encouraging you to go to yum cha.
Preferably one without white ppl…
As in do your own research amongst and with Chinese ppl (break bread so to spk)
Try immerse yourself slightly in another culture to understand it better for a start.
Try garner respect for simple realities that exist and a simple exercise in opening minds can involve trying new things.
And cockee ;);)
Yes… the brains trust has arrived!
Wonderful input…
Are you gonna revamp our white Australia policy? Yay
Careful, though, you might sound like an inbred racist (unless that is actually what you are)
And let’s also try take a moral high ground like evo and pretend to harp on about western values etc…. And they are exactly what in the context of this?
Is that the value of fear?
How many of you have chinese friends or even the slightest idea of what China intends to do? I have no idea and neither do you… So, in the meantime, I simply encourage you all to broaden your direct experience and actual understanding of China and chinese people ;)
China is not just the CCP.
I also encouraged not taking sides, not being passionate about trying to fuel misguided and ill informed perspectives.
Perspectives formed from a newspaper or news reports that are often one sided and dangerously manipulative and allow you to truly believe in stuff that simply is not real and void of any certainty.
Lotsa spare time on a lot of keyboard warrior hands talkin bout shit they have no idea about ;);)
Carry on… ;)
And velocityjohnno I do agree with your comments about ‘moments when dire totalitarian threats were confronted and overcome…’
I need to clarify that maybe a different approach from our government and their effectiveness at actually responding to a threat is of vital importance as in making the distinction between a perceived threat and an actual threat…
Jelly. Let's pretend I'm not a uncultured racist and I'll pretend you didn’t equivocate gaining Chinese culture from eating at a yum cha without white people.
I read your take on things is that because we - we being the west - fucked china years ago, thus we should just sit back and take in on the chin. I am no lawyer but that argument apart from being morally bereft is pretty bloody weak.
There are some (many?) who will take an opportunity to criticise CCP as an excuse to attack the Chinese people. They are scum.
My beef is with the CCP and its proxies (and our politicians who have benefited) corruptly influencing our institutions (unis, parliament, businesses, Chinese diaspora ) against Australian interests.
This is happening. I challenge you to dispute it or argue that it’s not a bad thing. As I said earlier 2 wrongs don’t make a right. I see your argument as the opposite to that... now.. this keyboard warrior has a sweet and sour pork dish waiting for him and thankfully no chopsticks in sight
Bonza I agree with your beef. It is warranted.
And I do agree two wrongs don’t make a right. I’m not arguing that ;)
Now, we shouldn’t sit back and cop it on the chin at all either… It’s not that simple… we might want to be aware if we are putting our chin out though ;)
My yum cha suggestion was also more metaphorical - I’m coming from the angle of breaking bread/ experiencing Chinese hospitality and being open to the fact it does exist. At a grass roots level we garner an appropriate and more accurate representation of what is real about any culture or people…
Hope you enjoyed the feed;)
A spoon beats the shit out of how much you can shovel with chopsticks any day!
Thanks jelly. All the best to you.
White Australia Policy not on but Yellow China Policy OK with you, JF? I think Sum Cant has been in you ear JF.
The political philosophy of the COALition.
indo-dreaming, I just wanted to clarify something, for the record.
I think I see where you got this from. My sentence here was ambiguous:
What I meant was given covid started in China, it was in Trump's interest to start giving it a lot of attention and scrutiny since it tied in nicely with his war on China. I didn't mean that I thought Trump and the US started/created covid and planted it in China, or that it started in the US, etc...that indeed would be a well out there conspiracy theory.
On a personal level, I recall you mentioning that you lived on the Coast and used to surf the pocket and Caloundra way a lot. My family lived over the Kawana side since the late 80s. I'd say it's a certainty that we've sat shoulder-to-shoulder with each other in the surf and would know each other at least by face. Absolutely no animosity from me to you.
Cockee…
Yellow China policy is not OK with me at all ;)
Stop acting like a cockee head and go read what I posted again…
Try understand the meaning of how I encourage anyone not to take sides - and be careful of allowing yourself to get emotionally invested in something you have no idea about - don’t become blindly passionate about either side of the shit show ;)
Really. You might be wrong about your take on it all ;) And that may be the only REAL certainty here for you ;)
Otherwise… please let us know how you have the answers or solutions - making silly racist remarks and pretending you are being funny shows your brain cell count that’s for sure ;)
In the meantime, it’s up to you to expand your true understanding of things. Only exploring and aligning yourself from a bias perspective and not having any direct experience of Chinese culture or Chinese people will just make your ignorance grow further ;)
Surely there is more to learn from all of this… it’s not an us versus them equation.
That only adds to the drama and creates opportunities to remain fixed in a position that will more than likely only help inflame things further…
No ones been in my ear - it’s getting clearer you are still listening to the advice of your extended friends and family…
You know… the Bo Gans ;);)
No worries, read into your comments wrong.
Yeah 100% sometimes peoples comments including your take on China frustrates me, and occasionally i will post an emotion reaction, but it's not personal i don't judge people on their views, more on how they treat others.
so agree with this
Thanks for the dressing down JF - I am truly humbled by your efforts to re-educate me. BTW You would fit right in as a CCP member ie. someone who is so sure they are enlightened whilst the rest of us are incapable of independent thought.
Any efforts to educate yourself in the first place obviously haven’t worked…
I’m making no effort to re-educate you or anybody. Your ability to maybe consider other viewpoints, let alone be open to suggestions or even offer any ideas of your own are absent so far ;)
There is still time to sign up to become a nuclear submarine captain though.
Go Captain Cockee!
Your input continues to be a constant display that is obviously incapable of independent thought ;)
No wonder you would fail any imaginary re-education classes!
Or is it just that you would be too busy hangin out with your strayan friends and doin cool stuff like getting on it and shitting ya pants at maccas ;)
Jelly bean brain your taunts are like snowflakes on a summer's day. Merry Xmas to you.
Took the aircraft carrier out for an earlyish this am . North-easterly pushing up a bit of wind swell at the spot , close on high tide. Sets only really breaking out the back- nasty shorey smashing into base of a metre high sand cliff. - mental note to self not to exit there. Coming in got a left all the way in thanks to the carriers volume. Clean forgot exit plan and ended up exactly where I didn't want to be, trapped between the shore break and the cliff as the 2 waves behind me in the set unloaded. Rolling round , trying to remove my leggy from my neck and avoid being harpooned by the aircraft carrier, heard a voice "You OK cobber?" I was , said thanks and felt grateful for where I live and my countrymen.
Haha, you surfed the same place as me by the sounds of things.
I wasn’t on an aircraft carrier so the shorey was a little easier to negotiate.
Perhaps someone can confirm my maths on this , but I do believe that if Albanese gets in he will be the 7th Prime Minister in a row who is committed to the Big Australia neoliberal Ponzi.
Sound about right?
All your beach are belong to us!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10467051/Swimmers-screamed-tre…
Was up at Airlie last week. 3 separate locals told us Daydream has gone to shit since Vaughn sold to the new Chinese owners. Seems they don’t understand or respect the laws that apply. They only own to the high tide mark. Not the beach and certainly not the fringing reef.
Same issue at Keswick Island
Australia the lucky country… selling gas overseas from projects that pay minimal royalties to the government. That’s ‘our’ resource being sold at a profit for the business and detriment to local consumers.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2022-02-03/wa-gas-price-rise-and-supp…
every single person in the area with a boat should be going for daily low tide lunches on the sand until mr. wong learns and appreciates some australian law and culture
Enormous mea culpa:
https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2022/02/actu-dont-return-to-mass-immig…
Last time I saw the opinions from this institution they were focused on diversity - check the tweet! Are we in an alternate dimension, with the union talking up workers' conditions and rights?!
If unions keep talking like that, they may actually get some new members for the first time in decades.
Nope. The title of the article is misleading. Sally McManus has not uttered a single word about mass immigration. She just wants permanent instead of temporary human coolie importation. She’s still a Big Australia / Anti Australian working class shill.
Too many other places to boat to in the vicinity without a person to be seen I guess. Would be good to see though. Invite the media.
.
Hey Swellnet team,
If blowin continues to use the racist term "coolie", perhaps it's time you blokes told to him to pull his racist head in. Do you blokes want your site to have openly racist crap published on it on a regular basis?
Coolie isn’t racist. It’s a term used to describe poorly, underpaid or unpaid exploited labour which has been imported into the country for that purpose. It seems you have greater opposition to the nomenclature and the public becoming aware of the practice, than you do of the practice itself. Would you rather it was called black birding or slavery ( as shown below by the ABC)?
It’s an ugly look when you try to police language because it may cast an accurate light on an inhumane situation. It tells me that you have vested interests in maintaining the flow of coolie labour into Australia. As the tourism industry you are heavily involved in, has shown it’s deep interest in the perpetuation of coolie labour , I’m not surprised by your attempts to hide the issue.
Not surprised but extremely disgusted.
From the ABC::
“Australia’s seasonal worker schemes are being likened to modern slavery, with a group of Pacific workers in Queensland’s Bundaberg region speaking out against their pay and living conditions.
The 18 workers, who are employed by several labour hire firms, met with a lawyer in Bundaberg to discuss their grievances.
“We’ve been involved in other cases of exploited workers, but I’ve seen nothing quite as bad as what’s happening at the moment,” said lawyer Stuart Levitt.
“It’s so widespread. It’s so heartless”…
Willie* came to Australia under the Seasonal Worker Program (SWP) in January last year to make money and support his five children in Vanuatu…
“Sometimes, you only end up with $200. How can you survive with that,” he said.
“When I send the money home, I haven’t got none”…
Treated like ‘slaves’
Mr Levitt said he had received a report of one Bundaberg employer issuing fines of $500 for drinking alcohol outside of work hours.
“They’re threatened with fines if they consume alcohol. They’re banned from having any sexual relationships with people,” he said…
“These people are adults, some are 30 or 40 years old, and their lives are basically treated as if they are slaves in our land”…
Mr Levitt believes there are grounds for a class action against some of Australia’s biggest labour hire firms.
“There are some exceptions to the rule. Perhaps 10 or 20 per cent of labour hire firms or employers are doing the right thing,” he said.
“But overwhelmingly, they’re being exploited, and they’re being exploited right across Australia.”
The world has been here before …..many times.
https://www.smh.com.au/technology/national-digital-id-plan-sparks-austra...
Looks like the above is handled by the same bloke who handled Robodebt. Totally trustworthy individual.
The ALP / LNP and Greens are so concerned that covid had temporarily slowed the Big Australia Mass Immigration Ponzi Scheme that they’ve all decided to firehose humans into Australia at an increased rate to the incredibly destructive pre-covid rate.
Sure , Australia will be transformed into a barren wasteland as far as native species is concerned but think of the different accents you’ll hear around the Westfields food court…..that’s the only diversity that matters right?
If you’ve got kids, take them to see a wild koala ASAP before they go the way of the Thylacine.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/koalas-officially-an-endangered…
Meh.
You've seen one koala you've seem em all.
As teenagers we could sit on our deck and look out across the green belt that our house backed on to and often see koalas sleeping in the eucalypts. My mum said they haven't seen a koala now for 20 years. It's sad I reckon.
I dunno Zen.
Seems to me that in the choice between mass importing foreigners to artificially grow Australia’s population and preserving our unique animal species, you’re choosing the koalas.
Sounds a bit racist , mate.
Recently I wrote that little story about my BBQ and how the bricks that made that were fired within coo-ee of my family home. When I was still going to school the end of our street was a pineapple farm and within a few hundred metres there was a dairy farm and also heaps and heaps of bushland. That's all gone now and is sadly townhouses and McMansions as far as the eye can see. The greenbelt and creek are still there plus a fair bit of parkland but when I go home it amazes me just how much our bucolic little area is just now the 'burbs.
Anyway, that's progress I guess.
Some say that’s progress
I say that’s cruel
Where does this shit grow from?
Abc news today
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-14/two-teenaged-boys-charged-over-s…
tim going for it
limp wrist does your daddy know?
Confronting State Capture by the Australian Democracy Network.
I haven't read this in full yet but its makes for some good reading so far. Co-authored by Scott Ludlum so many will pan it. mostly targets the defence and fossil fuel cronyism:
“Of the 38 current and former politicians with employment links to the fossil fuel industry, 20 are or were Liberal politicians, 13 were Labor politicians, and five are or were National politicians”.
heres a covid one purely for clickbait:
"In return, according to 350 Australia, the gas industry has been offered between $1.4 and $2 billion in
new public money from the Morrison Government’s ‘gas-led recovery’ from the pandemic, with even
more foreshadowed for new pipelines across the country."
https://350.org.au/exposing-the-covid-19-commission/
and remember this pearler from Tony Abbbott on Ian Macfarlane who went to on be CEO of the Queensland Resources Council. I remember vomiting in my mouth at the time
“This was the job-destroying, investment-killing tax which did not raise any revenue. It was a magnificent achievement by the member for Groom in his time as minister reborn, as it were. I hope this sector will acknowledge and demonstrate their gratitude to him in his years of retirement from this place.”
https://australiandemocracy.org.au/statecapture
And this is why I no longer subscribe to these bastards. Too many lies.
Friendly Jordies is approaching living legend status