More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Not actually correct Indo. The government can, and if it is the LNP, it will, continue to say no to advice offered by the Voice.
Any political pressure will be based on whether the majority of Australians agree with whatever is being ‘advised’. If the vast majority of people don’t like the idea, the political pressure will be minimal. In any case, dealing with political pressure is, I think I can say with some justification, is actually part of the job description for a politician.
All your stated fears are just fears. Like most fears, they aren’t based in reality.
Lol... Viclocal...as if. If people gonna vote no cos someone abuses them then that's a great reason!! Honestly, it's remarks like this that insult my intelligence!! Arrogance does sometimes rear its ugly head but thats usually after too much idiocy has been sampled.
And i dont think abuse gets in the way of being truthful... adds a little spice but it's mainly from frustration, incedulity and being confounded by people's ignorance or blatant lies and/or/and stupidity. If one is ignorant one can be educated... but ppl like burley and indo have blinkers on... there's no hope for those MORONS.
Hey indo. If you love the date so much, why don't you marry it. Go on, indo. Marry the 26th of January. Ooh, it's gonna look so lovely in white, walking down the aisle. Such a wonderful date to marry too, summer all year round, so always a warm hugs. I wish you and Australia day all the best. Sorry to your current, and soon to be, ex-wife.
It's just a date mate.
If it is upsetting to the original inhabitants of this beautiful country, I cannot see the big deal in changing it. Would be upset losing public holiday though. ;)
Obviously you do and that's ok. Should we still be singing God save the king also?
At some stage Australia should grow up.
I mean... that's the whole point of the Voice. Look at all the knowitalls and commentators (myself included) on here... more than likely all non-Aboriginal. We're all entitled to our opinions but when it concerns another culture, well, isn't their opinion valuable as well? Us whiteys always have the answers, right or wrong. But... doesn't this speak for itself??
Us and Them ... singing with one Voice
Dedicated to #1 swellnet Voice choir...thanx for caring & sharing!
Port Macquarie standing Shoulder 2 Shoulder
https://www.portnews.com.au/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/ruby.pascoe/b6…
Murray Bridge Woolies Fly-bys...Go on...take one...we won't bite!
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_webp,q_auto:good,f…
Newcastle Station...All aboard the Peace Tram.
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/2036522…
Leichhardt Town Hall...Civic Spirit rises to the Occasion!
https://imengine.public.prod.mmg.navigacloud.com/?uuid=33d8c014-869f-57…
Horsham St Johns War Memorial Kindergarten ~ Birth -Kindy- Friends to the End
https://www.mailtimes.com.au/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/189654477/20a…
Brisbane Street { Dividing Line } Briz-vegas Battleground
Loudest of warring neighbours singing with one united Voice...Shake Hands over the Wall ~ Game On!
https://www.aap.com.au/news/where-neighbours-stance-on-voice-is-black-a…
Trigger Warning: Abuse Incoming
Just seen the Clive Palmer No ad!! Really??Clive Palmer!!? Do not sensible informed Australians look at this moronic Fat Fuk with absolutely ZERO credibility or integrity and just say if he's a no I'm a yes! Palmer, Hanson, Roberts, Dutton... my god what is in our gene pool??
In the parlance of Howard’s 1990s cultural wars it would be totally unAustralian to question the date of Australia day
It doesn't matter what date the holiday or celebrations are on the Aboriginal activist brigade will never be happy until its completely gone, to them its just a date, but to many Australians its an important date, people can try to change it, they can move the public holiday but its like Christmas the date it really is on can never be changed, Australia day will always be 26th Jan.
IMHO its sad that people are so concerned about preserving others tradition and culture but happy to destroy their own, especially when we have such little.
Aboriginal activist brigade ...
Mmm ok..
Na reckon an Australia Day that unites rather than divides would be a good thing, just a simple date change. While we are at it, get the bloody Great Britain flag off our flag..
Here’s another TTB for the NOalition
Viclocal had an abusive nature, but Viclocal was way smarter and mature than Harry i dont think Harry is a past poster.
Filmed in part at Carinda pub. Story goes they still had black and whites bars and the blackfellas were let into the whitefellas bar to watch and became part of the clip. Can’t guarantee story though
ps. Beat me to it Supa
I’m really enjoying the sounds getting posted on this thread .
The idea a date change would keep them happy is ridiculous, they will never be happy until the day is completely gone, its just a power play for them, just like the voice.
I call them Aboriginal activist brigade because thats what thy are, they are generally city folk of mixed Aboriginal heritage same type that are involved with the voice.
I think its really important not to categorise them and their views with other Aboriginal people or the ones Harry sees as being the real Aboriginals (the rare time i agree with him)
If you went to any community where there is a large indigenous population most couldnt give a fuck about Australia day, many have real issues to deal with, if the voice got up no Aboriginals in remote communities would be worried about Australia day, however those in the cities would because those in cities have very few real issues related to being an Aboriginal person, there issues are more likely to be the same issues other Australians have like increase in cost of living or housing be it rent increase or getting into the market.
David Bowie did seem to be a great human.... great story.
Lovely humble man from all reports.
"Way smarter and mature"...
sufferin' succotash
Are you sure wazza ?
The backstory behind Bowie and the 'Let's Dance' clip.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ok here's an idea.. I just read a shocking and deplorable comment that this person wrote on this SATURDAY, 7 OCT 2023 at 6:46PM. Look it up, unbelievably poor form continued yet again.
This person has insulted the Aboriginal community far enough! Especially what this person has just written.
I consider to boycott his posts and I advise others to do the same.
If judgement is made and a counter comment is inevitable, I suggest that this person’s name is ignored and not mentioned anymore in this tread. His comments are disparaging to those that are least able to have a voice, at least at this time in the proceedings, hopefully that will change on 14 October. Cheers
Keep on Harry, Love your conviction , pretty strong at times but you're a stayer.. Keep on! Go well!
Thanks for that TS , bloody rippa mate
Worth a watch? Anything in there about Bowie’s 14yo girlfriend?
Supafreak. Hi. How are you?
Bowie, love his music and that’s a great story/clip.
My favourite song, ‘Absolute Beginners’. …., “with eyes completely open, but nervous all the same”. Worth a listen.
Good stuff.AW
Ha ha ...FFS grow up.
The basic premise of my post is calling out a group of Aboriginal city activist and making it clear that their views and actions shouldn't be seen as the views of wider Aboriginal people.
Basically dont judge or pigeon hole the actions and thought's of some with all.
How on earth can you have an issue with this?
Haha...mate, I wouldn't be singling out Bowie... check Led Zeppelin's groupies sometime. There's not enough prisons to hold all the great rockers if yr going down that road
Thanks Reform... comes from a lifetime of engagement with some special people in my life.
Just watched the ABC news... pub interviews... and I'm pretty sure the voice is well and truly sunk, no thanks to the NOalition + monied friends. It came from a great place but I do think it wasn't prepared as best as it should've been. Just the hysterics and exaggerations bears that out. It's also something that needed bipartisanship. Plus the fact that I KNOW white Australia is a very racist "place"... just way too much experience in this field. Oh well, Always was, Always will be...ready for the next great plan.
#boycottindo
I'm in!!
Indo wrote “ If you went to any community where there is a large indigenous population most couldnt give a fuck about Australia day, “ …..I’m curious as to when was the last time you visited a large indigenous population and asked them what they thought about Australia day ? Indo I know you believe things that just pop into your head to be true but the reality is a different story .
He can get there using indigenous gps ;)
@harry , I still believe it could go either way , whatever the outcome the next election is going to be a absolute shit fight . Im off at xmas and will be glad to take a long break from the media, got better things to do . I like what L. Tingle had to say
I agree Harry. It’s all in the past. ;)
Dunno Harry
Im not sure if its just a vocal minority saying no or Australia is as i guessed it was when this thread began.
It was encouraging to see 100000 people cheering before and after the welcome to country last weekend at the G. If thats any sorr of guage to go by in such a divisive period maybe theres hope yet.
And maybe its not as divisive as we're being led to believe. The media, social media comments and the very vocal minority tend to have a way with creating division.
Hope yr right Supa... Love the Tingle
Ha... I see what you're doin!
"The media, social media comments and the very vocal minority tend to have a way with creating division."
Never a truer word spoken.
It's been talked about by people like Jacinta but its also called common sense, you live in a community with all kinds of real life issue's, be in crime, domestic violence, drugs, drinking, suicide, mob violence, other things like crazy prices for food or fuel or just money issues, bills, food etc and making sure that last income payment gets you through to the next.
But hey its not those things that your worried about its what date other Aussie's celebrate Australia day, FFS its not the real world anyone that is worried about some date is as privileged as you an me.
BTW. I swear Avi did do a short episode doing exactly that but I can't seem to find it i remember a group of Aboriginal women looking at him with blank stares then laughing going WTF are you on about then, talking about the problems of meth in their community.
See above and get fucked.
What a great bunch!!
Hope yr right SR... But there's a lot of bogans out there who don't give shit about the blackfellas (and not just bogans)... and now a whole new emerging class of Sovereign citizens like burley and #boycottindo who don't trust govts and put all their trust in the internet authorities. Actually, burleys just a shitstirrer... a little troll while indo is the more dangerous type who often contradicts himself yet believes everything he says regardless of the suss sources... only a matter of time till he splits in two
#boycottindo
@ Indo
That’s a nothing response. Jacinta said it! Haha no doubt Jacinta has her story but it doesn’t reflect everyone’s experience. Stop painting everyone with the same brush just as she should.
And I swear Avi did a…… come on mate!
I really really wish this was the case, but unfortunately it wont be the case, but please give it a go.
This it Indo ?
Looks like they're all shitting on each other... turd on turd
#uglynastysubhumans
Yeah cheers Udo im pretty sure thats the video i was thinking of although the question wasnt as direct as i remember and i thiought they said meth not just drugs put the premise is there.
BTW. I wonder who that lady he interviews on skype is or what she normally does she seems no BS and to the point.