More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
haha What a unit she is.
That same protest has been done a few times previously. Apart from freaking a few kids out that little show won't change any meat eaters thoughts or habits.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I love Tash now that she has gone east, hehehe
Is triggering people the aim? or is the aim to get people to stop eating meat?
I highly doubt it turned anyone off meat, vegans like this just give vegans a bad name in general and add fuel to the sterotype of vegans being preachy religious like nutters, when really most are just normal people that dont eat meat for various reasons.
If you were a radical vegan like this trying to convince people to not eat meat, a much smarter tact would be to be more creative and instead of telling people they are bad and evil for eating meat to instead encourage people to eat non meat product meals
For example have some vegan cooked up taster samples people can eat with a pamphlet with the recipe or link to a website with vegan recipes, once people actually knew how delicious some non meat meals can be, people would be much more likely to start adding non meat meals to their regular menus, reducing meat consumption and who knows once they knew food without meat can be delicious they might even cut out meat altogether.
"The best thing I ever did was getting rid of any rubbish food out of the house so that when I get hungry I’m not tempted to reach for the processed garbage out of convenience." -Blowin
Yep. This is exactly what i need to do. Fallen into bad habits with diet and eat way too much processed crap. Feels like i have been exhausted for two years (probably cuz i have been exhausted. for two years) and am just lazy about food prep anymore. If it is in the kitchen, i will eat it, so gotta get rid of the crap. Also, the eats at work are straight junk. Need to bring my own, but, there goes that laziness again. I feel like i could feel better. Anyways, glad that part of your life is sorted... it's a biggie. Hope you are still on that horse. (that quote was awhile ago.)
I don’t think getting people to stop eating meat is their goal for these campaigns. Raising awareness and highlighting animal cruelty is more important. Triggering people to get them to educate themselves is a more important outcome.
Modern farming of livestock for consumption is pretty bad.
I wish sharks would learn eating meat is just plain cruel.
Laughed my arse off at this. Couldn’t help but think this was the blueprint for (some) vegan’s very vocal self affirmations.
ps very funny American skit show from the 90s called In Living Color I’ve just discovered on YouTube. Check out Ugly Wanda!