More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
What did you think of the platform Labor took to the last election flollo? It seems that loss put an end (at least for now) to any kind of major policy changes being offered to the public. I can understand Labors reasoning on this, forming a small target in a hostile media environment, but the country is worse off for it.
Really? I didn't hear about this and I just googled it. It's all over the internet, is this supposed to be some parody or is he for real?
He is a loon flollo. Popular local member tho.
He has done it again, this time he can't even remember his only policy points and needed to get handed notes..
The latest Resolve poll is out. Plenty of sliders to dig into things. The "What is the greatest influence on your vote choice right now" question is really interesting, the leaders are not as important as they (and others) want to believe they are.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/resolve-political-monitor-20210322-p…
Oops Albo…again.
Yeah...nah if Labor get up and get serious about an ICAC and run royal commissions into Robo debt, grants etc it will be a turning point hopefully back to policy driven / longer horizon planning governance unlike the last 9 years.
That’s if Albo remembers what he said he would do….and if he doesn’t , well we were expecting it after what we’ve seen lately …so he’ll be off the hook I suppose….people will just say…oh Albo forgot again ha ha moving right along.
The most embarrassing thing is that dear old Indo watches Channel 9.
Hahahahahaha, goodness gracious.
Meanwhile, no-one seems to know where the federal education minister is.
Seriously?
Who's running this show?
An incompetent government in disarray.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/05/stuart-robert-sa…
Seriously now there is something wrong with Channel 9???
It's so hard to keep up with you people, its not like I'm sharing some obscure news website ala Facto or some YouTuber channel.
Here you go surely this is more to your taste
Heaps wrong with the hysterical style of Channel 9, it's totally off course :)
1 trillion in debt , highest inflation for 20 years, interest rate rises first time in 10 years , thousands homeless after floods adding to those already homeless,millions living under poverty line , china moving in to solomons , Australian reputation for corruption in question dropping from 7 to 18 in world rankings , there’s more but let’s focus on a gaffe from albo , that’s a bigger story. FMD a royal commission into media is badly needed in this country .
Yes so you keep saying…and saying…and saying…and….
Albo proved himself a clown again today...Australia will be worse off if that moron and his team get in. It's a fucking disaster waiting to happen.
Did someone say clown ?
how tall are you @info?
serious question, I'm guessing around 5'2" but only with a cap on!
wondering coz you're like that for christ sake fucking annoying mongrel chihuahua cross shih tzu that parks itself behind the fence barking all day for no reason that the neighbours just want to kick the into the next suburb.
SF..the clown prince of memes and pics on SN
@info little man syndrome(r)
Or it may be cuttlefish and asparagus.
ew!
"how tall are you @info?
serious question, I'm guessing around 5'2""
That's ok, if I ever meet Indo I'll give him a big hug.
And he can be comforted by the sound of my heartbeat.
I appreciate your input indo…you put up facts figures and polite arguments…I like to check them out…whereas the Muppet …the cross dresser …the freak and the M just put up memes dodgy facts and personal insults….nor doing their political parties any favours that’s for certain….I’m not really worried who gets in but these guys are ordinary players.
About 5,8-5,9 without my high heels.
“I appreciate your input indo…you put up facts figures and polite arguments…I like to check them out…”
If ever there was a match made in heaven….
BTW. Thanks Optimist, imagine how one sided and boring this thread would be without me, you and Roadkill commenting every now and then.
@indo, I really appreciate you taking the time to write something and structure the argument. I don't agree with everything but it's much better than just sharing memes from Twitter. Anyone can do that.
Try not to take life too seriously mate. Its no good for your health. No ones dying from a few harmless Twitter memes.....
Anyone who is angry about interest rates rising must be a complete and utter moron. Instead of buying a Macmansion, huge 4x4, latest iPhone, subscriptions to Netflix ,Stan etc. etc, cool designer threads and smashed avocado for breakfast etc. etc. they should have been making hay while the sun shines as emergency low pandemic interest rates could never last forever. When I had a mortgage they started at 13% and went up to 17%, now I have money in the bank you get about 0.1%. We made huge sacrifices to pay that mf off, even took public transport to work and drove shit boxes. No matter which mob had been in Govt. the story would be the same but historically rates do tend to go higher under labor trying to be all things to all people and then fucking it up for all. All depends on who you want to get shafted by, the devil you know or the devil you don't know.
Bit of a muck rake, heavily badgered, interrupted, provided the answer hassled because he needed a reminder of the exact wording of the policy. Maybe do a side by side with Scotty under the same pressure and see if you even get an answer, or a policy.
But hey, it’s your echo chamber man so run with it………reality be damned
Poor Albo. The stress from the media is too much. He will be fine running the country though.
Reality be dammed!
Didn’t Cory Bernardi warn us all about such couplings?
Thanks, yeah the whole meme,twitter or just link every time thing is pretty lazy, same i might not always agree with your post but in particular in the housing thread your post are really well thought out and informative.
The thing with these stuff up's is they aren't just human era stuff ups where you accidentally mix up words or figures or loose train of thought and go sorry i meant to say this.
They are actually things that he doesn't actually know, cash rate, unemployment rate, or the six points of his parties policy.
And they aren't just irrelevant things, there really important things that he should be able to spit out without a second thought.
People might not like Scomo, but you watch him, he can spit it out he knows it all back to front, it's rare for him to also need to bring in someone else to answer the question for him.
“People might not like Scomo, but you watch him, he can spit it out he knows it all back to front, it's rare for him to also need to bring in someone else to answer the question for him.”
Hook, line & sinker….
Bet Labor is hoping Albo has a Covid relapse real soon. Or that he gets run over by a Labor stooge-driven campaign bus.
"Scott Morrison has avoided answering parliamentary questions by referring them to ministerial colleagues 189 times since becoming prime minister, new analysis reveals.
The analysis, undertaken by the parliament’s independent procedure office in response to a request from Labor, indicates there have been a further 62 times when Morrison answered a question in part before asking another minister to add to the answer.
By contrast, the procedure office reported that it could not find any similar cases when Julia Gillard was prime minister from 2010 to 2013."
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/14/morrison-deflect…
(article posted Sun 14th Feb 2021)
like Barnaby accidentally paying <$80m to Angus Taylor’s Cayman Islands company for water licenses worth roughly half that?
Albo will save us.
Reality be dammed
“People might not like Scomo, but you watch him, he can spit it out he knows it all back to front, it's rare for him to also need to bring in someone else to answer the question for him.”
Peter Foster is like that
It’s a proven fact that conmen have better memories.
Although Albo might struggle with details, it’s a sign of honesty.
You mean like all those idiot FHBs pushed during the pandemic in a frenzy of FOMO, government grants, investor sharks snapping at heels, <1% rental availability into taking on 1/2$M to a million dollar mortgages with assurances from the RBA of interest rates remaining at 0.1 per cent until at least 2024.? Those idiots?
But you r right nothing would be different under labour. Except of course if all those early ‘X’rs and late boomers who bought property < 5 x average salary v todays <13 x average salary under interest rates that let them pay off mortgages more quickly and thus cheaply with quadrupling equity to purchase a number of additional investment properties maximising superannuation and trusteeships tax breaks while earning good interest on any savings on the side had actually voted labour or greens in 2019 housing affordability might actually be a little better than what r is now.
Personally I way prefer/trust someone who occasionally struggles with detail than someone who has an ingrained ability to bullshit his way around any situation.
Haha! That's gold GS and andy! Love how the Labor stooges put the most positive spin they can on anything Albo does but sink the boots into Scomo at each and every opportunity - showing a complete inability to distinguish fact from fiction. BTW I reckon Albo's puppet master is feeling very vulnerable right now.
You know I don't vote Labor, right?
Never have, never will.
Oh FFS, Indo, the chairman of channel 9 is Peter Costello. He ran a fund raiser for the LNP in Channel 9 headquarters! What’s wrong with Channel 9 and the SMH. THAT,
On other matters, and pertinent to what others have said here, whoever gets into parliament in the next 3 years, we have some tough times ahead.
My elder sister, who is an otherwise intelligent person (I thought) was swayed last election by Facebook memes about Labor bringing in a death tax. FMD, I thought, maybe she isn’t as clued in as I thought she was.
At a family dinner the other week she apparently said, and I quote, “I don’t think things will be easy with Albanese.” Jaysus, word for word ScoMo messaging.
Let me tell you all, with unmitigated clarity, the faecal matter is about to hit the oscillating wind generation device, regardless of who is elected.
Current annualised inflation rate is 8.4% based on the last quarter, 6.8% annualised on the past 6 months. Interest rates are definitely going up and we are in hock to our eyeballs, with a structural budget deficit that runs till I’m long dead.
There is a choice this election. The choice is about how deep in the doodoo we are. Hold on tight.