More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
thanks for that Andy...blasting it now.
Opera you say? Those of you who have a Nirvana as a favourite band, do better, but also, take note!
https://www.stereogum.com/2182530/kurt-cobains-final-days-are-becoming-…
I love Opera. Only seen one- Verdi"s Aida. I went and saw Placido Domingo years ago and he nailed Nessun Dorma, sent shivers down my spine.
Seen a few ballets too. Love it.
Maybe should be in the embarrassing thread but I'm not embarrassed.
Forgive my ignorance, but are you meant to understand opera singing as a story?
Fark no Nick. Unless of course you understand German or Italian. Helps to have a kind of idea about the story though. Same with ballet.
The voices and the orchestra is what moves me.
CBG, that Mulholland drive song is beautiful.
The Big O would be stoked I reckon.
Love fela Kuti ! Such great grooves.
David Byrne was inspired by him.
Sun ra also in the afrobeat /jazz genre .. I never forget seeing them play at mofo in 2014 ( Sun Ra Arkestra) with Marshall Allen fronting on sax at 90 years old! They performed an incredible set then blew my mind when they showed up at the after party to do another set in the old building upstairs next to the river. They were on fire again and everyone dancing the whole room going nuts it was incredible !
Jeff Beck nailed it with his version of Nessun dorma closing his set at the beloved old Magesty Constance. Top stuff.
My wife had never rally heard any Beck and that song is very special to her and her Mum[RIP].
I can't beleive no one has mentioned the Beatles.
I first remember hearing them in my cot.
That first state opera is a great read above. Really nice writing.
YouTube algorithm is shifting gears (seriously)this afternoon and I’m loving it.
Tough Gig this one...tbb was assigned a favourite band.
Sure it sounds weird...but all said tbb luvs the Ruts...that much was true!
Goldie Punkz 'd say ...Go see tbb & loan his Ruts' collection...not so fast.
Endless punters crown Ruts as best Punk Band ever...read any YouTube tags...
No easy entry level for fans...Ruts enslave their recruits forever...don't we love it!
Countless highly fueled Trax...In the day...Ruts were fast bossing the punk era...not easy.
tbb played in & loved all punk bands but Ruts were wayward Punks breaking Punk Rules...do it!
In a Rut...( Signature Suicide Tune ) Singer died from heroin overdose 14th July 1980 (Song is very real!)
Staring at the Rude Boys
Babylon's Burning
SUS
In light of recent revelations this is a great song. Intro to movie only but great song and great movie I thought. Roger was a great 007 and I think his first was his best
Confession - I loves me a bit of Shirley Bassey.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
yeah, Shirley Bassey is great. She put out a lot of records..some not so good. But the good ones are great. Also agree with Roger being the best 007.
After having travelled there I’ve always had a bit of a liking for Christy. One popular muso over there
Okay back across the channel.
Is there anyone that likes British Metal from back in the day?
Soz, prefer Christie and the Dubliners to that. My wife is Irish, so I am over Christie as well!
No need to apologise
:)
What year was that MudHoney tour?
Osees? Not bad. What was their story Wilhelm?
Mudhoney touring in April, May 2023 Seeds. Osees in Feb
https://beat.com.au/mudhoney-announce-2023-australian-tour/
Oooh that’s upcoming I’m into that. These Osees current or older gents like MudHoney?
Osees have been playing around 25 years.
Thanks
Both tours should be fun eh? It’s been 30 odd years since I saw Mudhoney play, they were pretty wild back in the day.
That was great!
I don’t know who put up a song by these guys a year or so ago but it got me. I reckon they’re great. I’m disappointed to hear they released this in Brisbane in December. Wish I had of been there.
Bit of Queensland history too if you care to Google
Went to the Brisbane gig to see the Roadtrippers & stayed for Boing Boing.
Epic live show & started listening to the album. Very underrated.
The leadsinger of Boing Boing played drums in The Roadtrippers (his old man is the lead singer - Gav Dear).
I’ve been a massive Roadtrippers fan for years & they were awesome.
I posted 'Go The Mongrel' a while ago. A mate supported them a few times though I've never seen them live.
If you get a wriggle on, some of youse can still catch these dudes live.
Chomp a cookie with your cuppa of shroom-infused Horlicks, lay back and enjoy the ride, man.
kexp got a bit of everything…
I’ll check the Roadtrippers out.
Gunna get the cheese and kisses to follow Boing Boing on Insta so I can get notified of any upcoming gigs. Thanks for putting up Go The Mongrel Stu. My YouTube seshs over a few beers invariably end up with Boing Boing
Thanks for the heads up on KEXP
Bovine slayer haha…Roadtrippers
[quote=seeds]Bovine slayer haha…Roadtrippers
/quote]
Nice work, got their own Bez too.
Blackers. Hi mate. In 2010, family and i were at a bit of a hippy type festival south of Cooktown, The Roadtrippers were one of the bands to furnish the stage. Later on i spoke to the lead singer, nice guy. He told me they often go under another name,the pseudonym, The Toadrippers, as they loved flattening cane toads (Bufo marinus) on their journeys to hundreds of different regional towns where they performed. Good stuff. AW.
They sound like fun Alfred. Glad you got to enjoy them, they can clearly play up a storm.
That would be the Black Mountain Festival is that right?
I’d like to go to it. Looking at his old man sing and lyrics of the Roadtrippers I can see where the Boing Boing singer gets his sense of humour from.
Seeds. How’s things ? Correct, that was it, heaps of people over a few days, no aggro, loads of kids, great food and weather. Highlight was when we left late in the evening, we fortunately stopped the car as a massive python some 6-7m in length and with a 150mm dia.girth slowly crossed the dirt track, it had a head the size of a bulldog, very slow moving, was blown away by its enormity. Ended up staying there for near an hour so as to stop any departing cars from crushing it. My then 9 year old was gobsmacked. AW.
Great story about the python. Those scrub pythons get big. Sounds like a monster at that size.
OGees, Oz style.
Another for the (un)interested. Totally agree with the sentiments. Guys and girls look like they’re having a lot of fun.
Actually quite like Xavier Rudd, but that clip n song is epic!! Got into a few of their tunes. Along with the chats and Amyl and the Sniffers, great to see!!!
Jeez, that was pretty good, I'll file under Yob Rock, and that's no insult.
Great vid too.
And check this one.
Bloody good find AndyM!
Does anyone remember if the Meanies played at the Seacliff or the Holdy?